Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yesterday~updated (Read 1718 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Yesterday~updated
Sep 27th, 2009 at 6:56pm

was a beautiful day.  After a rotten ass week, perfect to go out and see what nature had to offer

First set of pics were taken in Biedenharn Gardens.  The Biedenharns were the founders of the CocaCola copany.

Female zebra finch in the greenery below a birdbath

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The gardens

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

In the greenhouse

Opportunistic vine growing up a metal drain pipe

Staghorn fern

Cheniere Lake/Swamp

This gives literal meaning to the words *house boat*

This is a condo owned by a friend of mine.  As you can see, there is a decided tilt toward the river.  They've been given 60 days to get it down in an approved manner.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:37pm by deltadarlin »  

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Re: Yesterday
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 7:09pm

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Some of the last ones only showed a red x though... Sad

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 7:37pm

I'm on dial-up, so can't check the problem right now.  Will look at it in the morning.

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 7:57pm

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Beautiful Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 8:57pm

Lovely as always Carolyn!  My favs are the fountain and that pretty white flower.  Do you know the name of it?

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:30pm

Georgeous stuff!

Thanks for posting them.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 6:25am

Ahhhhh....the red x's turned into beautiful pictures.

Absolutely lovely!

Thank you.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:13am

Mel,
Don't know what kind of flower that is.  Thought it might be a type of gardenia, but it doesn't have a smell!

I have other pics that I need to get uploaded, but I'm having trouble with photobucket, so will do it when I can.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:12am

Well, stuck here for a bit, so here's a few more pics

Cheniere Lake (pronounced *shinny*)

Ouachita River

more to come later
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:15am by deltadarlin »  

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:40am

Yup, definitely a katywhompus tilt to the house!

They (the powers that be) won't let your friends fix it?  It would be such a kewl house to live in!

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:49am

deltadarlin wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:13am:
Mel,
Don't know what kind of flower that is.  Thought it might be a type of gardenia, but it doesn't have a smell!

Flowers have a scent.  Farts have a smell.

Potter

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 11:24am

Beautiful.....

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:53pm

Those lil white flowers in the jardineire are called impatiens.LOVE shade, come in some stunning colors  from palest pink to almost neon orange and hot pink.
Not sure how they will live in cold climates, but they are annuals, so, if they don't reseed, they can be planted yearly as summer approaches.

I LOVE  the intricate ironwork! Something rarely seen out here, and, in fact, I suspect it is something we shall only see in the older work.....what an artisan!

Delta, beautiful pics! Thank you!
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:42pm

I think Melissa meant this white flower, which doesn't look like an impatien to me:

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 6:05pm

Methinks so too Brew.  Now for some more pics.

As I said, the Biedenharns founded Coca Cola and here is a pic of the first delivery truck

On to the gardens

Part of the greenhouse roof

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: Yesterday~updated
Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:56pm

And now some more

That's all for tonight.  Will finish tomorrow!

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:15pm

Wow!

Potter

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #17 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:16am

The last few

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!