Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
So it begins (Read 5578 times)
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Re: So it begins
Reply #25 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 6:25pm

We had a snow-rain mix today at around lunch time. Charlie, wait until this Canadian cold front makes it's way to you. Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #26 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 8:24am

Today
Sunny
High 81°F

Sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds around 5 mph.

Tonight
Mostly Clear
Low  59°F
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

Thursday
Increasing Clouds
High 81°F

Increasing clouds with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday Night
Thunder Storms
Low  65°F
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Friday
Chance Of T-Storm
High 80°F

Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...Then partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Friday Night
Mostly Clear
Low  51°F
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s.

Saturday
Mostly Sunny
High 81°F

Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.

Saturday Night
Partly Cloudy
Low  59°F
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s.

Sunday
Chance Of T-Storm
High 81°F

Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s.

Sunday Night
Chance Of T-Storm
Low  65°F
Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s.

Monday
Chance Of T-Storm
High 81°F

Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s.

Monday Night
Chance Of T-Storm
Low  69°F
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s.

Tuesday
Chance Of T-Storm
High 89°F

Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s.

Forecast updated at 445 AM CDT WED SEP 30 2009

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #27 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 4:12pm

Gonna be seventy five here tonite.  I lit the wood stove.

Potter

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #28 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:42pm

Frost here this morning. 

A friend sent me a note this morning, that said "Windows all closed.  Last night's dinner is still trapped in here."

I sent him a note back that said, "Ŕ la recherche du temps perdu." 

I'm a snot.   Wink

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #29 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 4:15pm

A fellow bus passenger and I swear that we had a little snow mixed in with the rain on Wednesday. A September snowfall isn't unheard of but rare.

Beautiful October 1st though and warmer in a day or two.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #30 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 5:06pm

Charlie wrote on Oct 1st, 2009 at 4:15pm:
A fellow bus passenger and I swear that we had a little snow mixed in with the rain on Wednesday. A September snowfall isn't unheard of but rare.

Beautiful October 1st though and warmer in a day or two.

Charlie

I think your right Chuck, about the rain and snow mix.
I got in the jeep to leave for work and when I looked at my windshield it was covered in SLUSH.

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #31 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 10:13am

For the rest of the week its highs in the 60s lows in the 40s. Perfect riding weather. But Winter looks to be a cold one this year. Thats OK the trike is Winterized and I'm ready.

Smiley

kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #32 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:30am

We might get some frost tonite.  For us, that's full blown winter.

My house is the coldest it's been in at least 4 months.  It's dropped to 67 inside and it feels like a freezer.  I'm trying to keep it in perspective and realize that the house really doesn't even get up to 67 in the winter....but that seems to only make me more depressed.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #33 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:34am

Well, there is a weak "El Nino" going on. Historically, weak El Nino winters in North America are usually a little mild in the west, colder and drier than usual from the Rockies through the central U.S., colder and wetter (or snowier) than usual from the Great lakes to the northeast and southeastern U.S.. Being in the southeastern U.S., this does not please me!  Angry
Oh, and from a Meteorologist, global warming is a joke. The extensive evidence of warmer and colder periods in our history is undeniable. And as a previous poster accurately stated, we have actually been cooling recently. Of course, I now hear the warming freaks actually saying "sure, we're cooling. Global warming causes global cooling."  Smiley  How do I argue with that?  Undecided

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 9:20am

Note the sly shift in popular terminology. Now it's called Climate Change. If the planet cools, or the planet warms, it's still taxable.

Flip a coin and choose a side. You can find long lists of respected researchers on each side of the same coin.

Marc

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2009 at 9:22am by Marc »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #35 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:58am

Now the blowhards are saying we're going through the beginnings of global cooling. Can we trade our Priuses in for a '74 Catalina?

Perhaps we should just have Algore tell us what the perfect temperature of the globe should be. That way we can build strategically placed HUGE diesel engines and run them at specified times to keep the temperature, as Goldilocks would say, juuuuusssstt right.

What a freakin' farce.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #36 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:17am

We are getting pounded with wet heavy snow.

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #37 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:23am

Look on the bright side though....If the West can find different sources of energy as a result of this farce, then our dependence on Arab oil will become alot less significant and our roll in those Countries will become non existent. Therefore all the Taliban, crazy fundamentalist mullahs and rich Sheiks will pale into the little significance they deserve.

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #38 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:25am

Brew wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:58am:
Now the blowhards are saying we're going through the beginnings of global cooling. Can we trade our Priuses in for a '74 Catalina?

Perhaps we should just have Algore tell us what the perfect temperature of the globe should be. That way we can build strategically placed HUGE diesel engines and run them at specified times to keep the temperature, as Goldilocks would say, juuuuusssstt right.

What a freakin' farce.

Diesel engines would be ok, but you'd get more CO2 output if you burned corn fuel, like biodiesel. 

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #39 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:06pm

Lefty wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:23am:
Look on the bright side though....If the West can find different sources of energy as a result of this farce, then our dependence on Arab oil will become alot less significant and our roll in those Countries will become non existent. Therefore all the Taliban, crazy fundamentalist mullahs and rich Sheiks will pale into the little significance they deserve.

Lefty..!

Oh, you mean like drilling for own f*cking oil. What a novel concept. If we could just get certain obstructionists to get out of the way....

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:24pm

Lefty wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:23am:

Lefty..!

Until January, I was employed by the largest solar energy provider in North America. I like solar, it's really cool to see thousands of KW coming in free. We did large utility scale plants producing 15-20 megawatts and little rooftop systems too.

The problem for both wind and solar is the initial high cost. Economy of scale definitely helps bring the price down, but tax incentives are the real driving force to make it happen. Without the tax breaks, you are looking at 10-12 years before the system pays for itself at today's energy costs.

Now I'm in the battery business selling big batteries to people who are taking their homes off-grid using wind, solar and micro hydro.

My point is: give people a tax credit for doing something and they will jump on every time.

Marc
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:29pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #41 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:49pm

Brew wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:06pm:
Oh, you mean like drilling for own f*cking oil. What a novel concept.

No...!

I could if swore I mentioned finding alternative sources of energy.

Anyway, the alternative sources are there but as Marc said there has to be tax incentives for people to embrace them. I suppose you can also dig up beautiful Alaska, I heard it's full of that black gold...!

Lefty..!

— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #42 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:10pm

Weatherman wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:34am:
...we have actually been cooling recently.

With the North Atlantic Oscillation looked at with larger supercomputers, a suggestion of refinement of the model had been put forward last year in his paper.

"The strong warming effect that we experienced during the last decades will be interrupted. Temperatures will be more or less steady for some years, and thereafter will pickup again and continue to warm".

This of course will be bantered, as the ways of science has been for hundreds of years.  Not much more to say until it is.

Views are being presented.

Climate Myth: Global Warming Stopped in 1998

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #43 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Lefty wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:49pm:
Oh, you mean like drilling for own f*cking oil. What a novel concept.

No...!

I could if swore I mentioned finding alternative sources of energy.

Anyway, the alternative sources are there but as Marc said there has to be tax incentives for people to embrace them. I suppose you can also dig up beautiful Alaska, I heard it's full of that black gold...!

Lefty..!

So you're one of the obstructionists?

I'm one of the proponents. And neither one of us can do diddly squat about it because we're powerless - members of the lumpenproletariat. So our argument is academic at best.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #44 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Marc wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:24pm:
Now I'm in the battery business

To build a future here and I think trying to keep the engineers from the auto industry in state during high unemployment, last I read there was commitment for a huge battery research complex getting a thumbs up around Brownstown in this state.

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #45 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 3:53pm

Nah not really, I just like to think outside the box now & again...!

Quote:
And neither one of us can do diddly squat about it because we're powerless - members of the lumpenproletariat

Jesus, I didn't think I was that far down the scale.. Grin

Lefty..!

— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #46 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 4:14pm

Lefty wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 3:53pm:

Nah not really, I just like to think outside the box now & again...!

Quote:
And neither one of us can do diddly squat about it because we're powerless - members of the lumpenproletariat

Jesus, I didn't think I was that far down the scale.. Grin

Lefty..!

Unless you're related to Prince Charles, in which case I'd check myself for signs of flippers and fins. Grin

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #47 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 4:30pm

Quote:
Note the sly shift in popular terminology. Now it's called Climate Change. If the planet cools, or the planet warms, it's still taxable.

Actually, the history of this dates back some time ago. I can't remember just when but I learned of it late last year around the election. The GOP and some other conservatives have spent serious money trying to change terminology to make things easier to screw around with and have paid a public relations outfit to come up with similar stuff. This is where the "Inheritance Tax became" "The Death Tax," and more. This same outfit recommended changing "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" as it is believed to work better for most right wing debates. The term is older and less definitive. One doesn't hear "Global Warming" so much. They are a clever bunch.

Actually, I look at global warming as something to keep track of. I'm old enough to have lived through some overblown stuff but this one isn't something for displaying stupidity. The way it's been talked about by so many is not far from lunatic "Birther" rants used to stir up easy to find noisy people on the fringes of far right.

Politics on any side should have nothing to do with such theories. I'll go along with Steven Hawking. Don't shut down critical thinking just when it's very necessary. Don't go so far off the deep end that you wind up holding out in the Rockies until things fall apart either.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 5:14pm

Yep, Charlie - I remember global cooling caused by pollution being all the rage in the 70's.

Either way, it's a potential source of income for politicians. Look at the personal fortunes being made in the carbon credit racket. The current Cap and Trade bill will make the same folks billionaires using the same "offset" mechanism.

Can't wait to see how they install methane capture devices on the back end of cows, in lieu of the proposed $5.00 per head for range cattle and $15.00 per head on dairy cows.

Marc

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #49 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 5:19pm

Marc wrote on Oct 5th, 2009 at 5:14pm:
proposed $5.00 per head for range cattle and $15.00 per head on dairy cows.

Marc

Show me that proposal.  Last I saw was eighty five bucks a head.

potter

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!