Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
South Korea-link to pics (Read 569 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
South Korea-link to pics
Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:32am

Sarah made it there and that's about all I know.  I talked to her Friday night and she said that her apartment was nice and not too small. 

Of course there always has to be a glitch somewhere.  She was supposed to call her b/f when she landed in Seoul (it was 1:30 in the morning here, so we agreed that she should call b/f because he's normally awake at that time) and then he would call us later on that day (the recruiting website states that all employees have to call home and let whoever know that they landed safely).  Well, I waited and waited and waited.  Called the b/f and didn't get an answer.  Started getting a little anxious when it was noon and I still hadn't heard anything (Poland anyone?).  Jimbo finally got up with the b/f and he said that he'd stayed up until 4 and she hadn't called.  Anyway, to make a long story short, we contacted the recruiter and within 10 minutes found out that she had been safely delivered to her apt.

When I talked to Sarah Friday night, she said that the guy who picked her up wouldn't let her call home.  So, the school director came and got her, took her grocery shopping and then brought Sarah to her house and told her to call home!

And so the saga begins
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:21am by deltadarlin »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: South Korea
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:58am

Having just got  a daughter back from Europe.......there'l be a few more sleepless nights! There's always the communication glitches....if you haven't discovered the joys of SKYPE...look into it. Was  a great way to see and hear our little girl every day. Helps lessen the strain on mommy and daddy's psyche!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:09am

Glad she's there safe and sound.... Smiley
She's off for a grand adventure..... Smiley
Here's wishing her well......Mom & Dad too  Wink

Give her my love, please..
Jackie

IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 12:36am

I spent a year there in the early 90's. Hope she enjoys herself.

Remember; "My Kagogi has a first name, it's R O V E R!"

Keep the Soju, but send some dried squid and yaki mandu.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 7:40am

Got an e-mail from her this morning.  She's doing fine.  I'm putting up the link to the pics that she sent me.  It looks like her apt. building is fairly new.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 7:50am

Glad to hear she safely there Carolyn!  I'll look forward to your updates letting us know how she is doing.  Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Re: South Korea-link to pics
Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 11:30am

Glad you finally heard from her and glad she is safe..

Peace & Blessings
Lady Luv

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 5:23pm

How exciting! This looks like the beginning of a wonderful adventure. How long will she be there?

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 5:44pm

For a whole year!  Hopefully, if everything goes okay (and I keep my job), I will be flying over there in Feb. of next year (got to save my pennies, that's an expensive damned flight).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!