Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone ever heard of.. (Read 1198 times)
coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Has anyone ever heard of..
Sep 24th, 2009 at 8:02pm

Kombucha. I have a friend who told me about this and on a website i seen it with the treatment of clusters. Or is it just more snake oil. Let me know..

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Has anyone ever heard of..
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 8:04pm

That's a new one??? Undecided

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 8:40pm

Well, if Boji stones, Emu Oil and the ever popular Peruvian Butterfly Farts are Cluster cures, then why not?

(I'm not being negative, just providing an open door for a learned dissertation on how and why it kills Cluster Headaches)

Marc
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2009 at 8:41pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Val_
CH.com Sponsor

There is nothing permanent
except change.

Bay Area, CA
Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 9:22pm

I don't know much about shrooms, but they are both fungi - could the effects be similar to that of a mushroom perhaps? that is brewed like a tea...

Just throwing ideas out there as a person who knows not a whole lot about one and little to nothing about the other haha.  Tongue
I read a few things but these seemed to be the most interesting links.        Val

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Kombucha
It has been used for centuries to cure a wide variety of illnesses. The word kombucha literally means “tea made from kombu seaweed”. However, what is called Kombucha tea today has no seaweed in it. Furthermore, despite the name Manchurian mushroom, Kombucha is not a mushroom either. The gelatinous mass is a colony of numerous species of fungi and bacteria living together, and the same microorganisms permeate the tea.

val2651  
IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 5:56pm

Very little research on kombucha - one study showing that it has adaptogenic properties (protects against effects of stress, increases antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory, etc). Other than that, no idea if it would help or not ... nothing on its effects on calcium channels, serotonin, melatonin, etc.  I have never tried it.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:24am

Thanks all for the info.

I was looking on the web site Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and seen it was under the headache link. I have been speaking with a clusterhead in Romania and this is used there widely. It is under the same theory as the mushrooms and seeds here. If used regularly(not sure what that means) it MAY skip the cluster cycle. I would like to see the properties of it, and learn about it. I'm just not ready to go make a batch of tea just yet. But it could be another weapon i carry in my cache.

Still looking, Let me know.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!