Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What have you done to forgive and move on? (Read 3638 times)
cavalier
Ex Member

Re: What have you done to forgive and move on?
Reply #25 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:38pm

Mellisa
When you have been hurt the hardest thing to do is to forgive and I don’t think forgiveness helps.
The deed of forgiving is to accept the wrong doing and being strong enough to forget.

If you can’t forget you can’t forgive.
You don’t have to forgive to move on.

What has helped me in the past is the thought of
“it’s nothing I’ve done wrong” whether that was true or not, It is what I believed

Breaking it down into small bites helps see the reality

If there was a cure for clusters we’d grab it both hands and get on with our pain free life without looking back.
Soon it would be a distant memory which warranted not a second thought

After all that waffle I suppose what I’m trying to say is,

To share your turmoil shows great strength and with all the support it still will be up to you to make that leap to move on

We know you can do it

(Not so good at this kind of thing just wanted you to know lots of support from me)
Colin.

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:49pm

You know what is so confusing in all this?  Whenever I open my heart to them and try to explain my hurt feelings on some things, I am then made in turn to feel like I am ungiving, selfish, naive & unknowing about whatever it is we were talking about.  I end up just dropping the subject and going to talk to another person.

Sometimes I think it's just best to keep the convo. light and about generic crap.  I'm tired of being judged, I'm tired of feeling like my character is always in question (because they believed a bunch of made up lies from someone else instead of just coming to me and ASKING me if I said such inane things), and I'm tired of having the damn thoughts go through my head on an almost daily basis because we're in contact with them a lot due to family things (including some work, etc.).  I mean, who else does this self torture anyway?? 

I'm not used to being in question due to a bunch of lies.  I've always been proud of my honesty because through it I do not harbor ill will towards anyone.  So I guess that's why I don't understand any of this.  It's like it's become truth to them, and so they'd rather believe someone else who they had only hung with a short time instead of me who they've known for YEARS.

It's absolutely amazing to me how someone can throw away the closeness, the good times and the friendship so quickly without question.  I'm baffled! Undecided

Anyway, right now I'm doing some soul searching to figure out the best way to deal with it all, especially before the holidays.  I suppose I can just ignore the ignorance, be polite, but keep my heart to myself.

I really wish they (2 couples) weren't Eli & Lily's Godparents, that makes it SO much harder. Sad

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #27 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:53pm

All the advice has been fantastic so far!!  I am so very grateful for you all taking the time to counsel me in my time of need.  Thank you so very, very much!!!

I love you all. Cry

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #28 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 10:02pm

Another way of looking at things Mel,...
"how have I intentionally hurt someone?  Would I be forgiven if I asked for forgiveness?"

"how have I unintentionally hurt someone? Would I be defensive if THEY asked why I did/said something?

Your answer is not just with one or two situations, but in how you respond to forgiveness - both giving and getting.   There are people in whose own mind are self-righteous and blameless. They do not deserve your time or effort.

There are those who truly want you in their life, and those are the ones whose friendship should be nurtured, including forgiveness (and that is usually on both sides)

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #29 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 10:25pm

A lie can travel around the world before truth can get its shoes tied.  Mark Twain

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #30 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 10:47pm

Callico wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 at 10:25pm:
A lie can travel around the world before truth can get its shoes tied.  Mark Twain

Isn't that the sad truth?

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #31 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 9:30am

I sead I liKed the 3 StOoges with Peeple and tHey diDdn't say goOd thinGs.  Melly, I down't liKe peeple whoo Mom says hAve tite unDerwaer tHey hav'nt cHanged and maKe bAAd juDging of chAractors.., so I didd'n't tAlk about Bugs bunny

Skippy

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #32 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 9:59am

omg Kevin, rotflmao!!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #33 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Whatever develops make sure you don't wind up having to forgive yourself. I've been there a few times and it's no fun. You're not the jerks, they are.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!