Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone got some legit photo contest sites? (Read 627 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Anyone got some legit photo contest sites?
Sep 21st, 2009 at 3:50pm

I want to enter a couple of pictures but don't want to waste my time (or money) on a scam.  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks. Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: Anyone got some legit photo contest sites?
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:45pm

I've not found anything.  There are a lot out there, but most of them are scams~you will win the contest, you pay to go to wherever the prizes are issued and then you pay for the book that it's in.

I take that back, go to some of the *store* sites, like Ritz, and seen if they are running contests.  You also might want to look at some user forums, ie, Canon, Nikon, etc.  I entered on the Canon forum (twice) and the second time, I got published in the Canon POTN, Photography on the Net book.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:49pm by deltadarlin »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus

Work it out baby!

New York|USA
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:45pm

just one link, depends how many great shots you have.

Best to try websites for companies that produce cameras (canon, fuji, etc.)

easy to look these up on google.  you can tell which are legit!

Check National Geographic also.  They have an annual contest (Delta, you're fast woman! Smiley  )
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:49pm by Peppermint »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register FYI- I am NoT a clusterhead!
Love and kindness are never wasted.
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:51pm

Peppermint wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:45pm:
(Delta, you're fast woman! Smiley  )

I would have been faster, but I'm on a conference call and I actually had to pay attention for a second  Wink

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 6:05pm

Thanks so much ladies! Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 12:58pm

Photo competitions must be treated with caution.  Whilst many seem excellent and offer great prizes, they also 'steal' your rights to your own images, often claiming the right to use your work in any medium in any context for any amount of time - to the extent that if you were to enter  the same photo in another competition, they could sue you for breach of the terms of their agreement, which you signed on entry.

So be careful (some hugely respected names are part of this exploitation of others' talent) and read the small print!

The cure is out there somewhere...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!