Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
verapamil and side effects (Read 695 times)
mickey
CH.com Junior

You can run but you cant
hide. Love the Beast

x0|tampa|USA||0|0|FL,Florida
verapamil and side effects
Sep 21st, 2009 at 11:41am

My last cycle I decided to try verapamil to prevent CH, It seemed to work great at first. It stopped the cycle and was PF for awhile. The only problem was I wasn't going to the bathroom for BM's and after awhile the pain from that got pretty bad. So I stopped taking the Verapamil it was close to the time of my cycle ending anyway. Wasn't a few days later and the headaches were back. So I started taking the verapamil again. Same thing happened again. No bathroom. So I stopped the Verap again, Only to start with the headaches again. My cycles are normally about 2 months and if I added up the time of CH's while not on verap, It totaled about 2 months. I think once the cycle starts no matter what you do the 2 months is going to come out one way or another. The only luck I have ever had breaking a cycle was with mushrooms. Cant get my hands on any now so I have another battle plan set. O2, Amp energy drink,& Imitrex. No prevenative this time just abortives. Seems to be working on the cycle I'm in now, Just as time goes by I find it takes a little more of each to keep the CH's away.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: verapamil and side effects
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:30pm

Use any of the standard laxatives or bulk forming products. The choice is not an either/or--Verap or constipation.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 1:27pm by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:42pm

You do understand that verap will not break a cycle right?

It wil however reduce the frequency  and intensity of the attacks.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:46pm

I don't believe Amp has enough Taurine in it either.  Use Monster or Rock Star.  Order seeds and try that.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!