Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
r.c. seeds???????? (Read 13075 times)
Marc
Ex Member

Re: r.c. seeds????????
Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:42am

The theory is that certain receptors in our brains sort of shutdown after dosing. Conventional wisdom says that dosing too often is a wasted effort because of this "closed door" effect. I have no personal experience with real hallucinogenics like mushrooms or LSD, but I understand that it's almost impossible to "trip" daily because of this effect.

The general rule is about a week, give or take a little, for the "door to open" again.

There are no absolute rules, but you will commonly read about weekly doses at first, tapering off to monthly for those who need it.

Again, there are people who report success with very small doses taken daily.

The most important thing to remember is that this form of therapy is a process - and not normally a one time event. You need to stick with it for bit.

Do spend some time reading up on the "detox" line of thinking. Several CH medications are thought to close the same door to the receptors that you are trying reach. It is commonly believed that using any of the Triptans can make dosing useless.

This can be a major sticking point because many people simply will not go without their conventional abortive drugs for several days in order to "detox."

Many people (including me) report having a short increase in CH's the day after dosing - making it really hard to stay off the Triptans. Oxygen is my only answer to that problem.

There is much, much more to read on this subject but I tried to give you a VERY condensed version only.

Marc

ETA: Brew said it clearly with just a couple of words, while I was slowly typing this post  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:46am by Marc »  

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:08am

Brew/Marc,

When you say detox do you mean just staying off your normal meds for CH?  I use imitrex only when I'm out of the country or can't take a tank with me.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:12am

Yup, Imitrex is one of the Triptans.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:32am

I still have the same question, Howard. I'm one who has not yet tried the Buster route, but am seriously considering it.

I've heard several different theories. One says all CH meds, including melatonin. Another says ALL meds unless your life would be in jeopardy by not taking them (i.e., insulin). I take a high BP med and a cholesterol med. Going off them for 5 days isn't going to kill me. On the clusterbuster.com website is a whole section on detoxificating (I just made that word up). You should read it, and I should read it again.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 2:07pm

Just a thought for you RC guys...

I've seen a lot of discussion about your seeds getting old and less effective, and even a couple of posts where people said they were going to throw out their old seeds and get new ones.  Don't throw 'em out!  Plant 'em!

RC is a really prolific vine, and will grow over a very wide range.  It's everywhere around here (in SW Louisiana) and East Texas.  It requires essentially no care, and is pretty tolerent of a lot of extreme conditions.  Probably does not like real cold climates, but years ago I lived in Pennsylvania and we had closely related species growing there.

Anywhere you've got a fence or trellis for it to climb on, you can have a generous supply of fresh seeds readily available.  One little patch will easily provide you with a couple of thousand seeds over the course of a year.

Nothing personal against the sellers - I just cringe when I hear about people paying money for something so easy to grow at home.

FWIW,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #30 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 4:31pm

I here ya Brew, and thank you again Marc. I only take a small amount of meds for cholesterol and stopping them for 5 days or so is no problem. I'm heading out of the country the ladder part of October and looking for other alternatives to imitrex. I have ordered some and they've already shipped. I promise to let you know my feelings once I've tried them.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #31 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 5:31pm

Don't try to leave the country with them in your possession.

"Have you ever been in a Turkish prison, Timmy?"

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #32 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Kilowatt3 wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 2:07pm:
One little patch will easily provide you with a couple of thousand seeds over the course of a year.

I am not so sure that what you said is a correct statement.  YES they are easy to grow, BUT, someone that has something or other to do with this certain site, that talks about seeds, shrooms, etc .... What WAS the name of that site?  Hmmm .... Clutterbreaker?  No ... Ummm clusterhog?  No, that aint it, either ... Clusterbreaker?  .... SHEESH!!  (Come on, senile old brain, THINK!!)

I know it will come to me in a moment or four ... Clusterbusty?   Hmmm ... Close but no cigar ....    Wink Grin

Anyhow, this guy that has some input to that site, Ummmm ... PurpleRain ... no ... PinkTutu??? no ... Anyhow his real name is Ben, or Bill, or Boob ... or something ...

ANYHOW this guy told me that the RC seeds are different than the morning glory (close cousin) plant, in that the RC flower is very stingy in seed production.  Something like one or two seeds per plant or flower ... or ... SOMETHING!!!

I DO remember this person telling me that you don't get a lot of seeds from the planting ... BUT, it is still a pretty plant and flower ...

Well, seeing I can't remember various pertinent facts, in this post, maybe I best just sign off ... and rest my brain ...

Chook, or Chick, or Chimp ... or SOMETHING !!!

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #33 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:27pm

I have to wonder if they would be as potent when grown out of their native climate.

I've heard that if you take some Colmbian McMarijuana seeds for instance and use them for growing in North America, the result is significantly less potent.  Huh

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #34 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:19am

ClusterChuck wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 6:48pm:
Kilowatt3 wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 2:07pm:
One little patch will easily provide you with a couple of thousand seeds over the course of a year.

I am not so sure that what you said is a correct statement... 

ANYHOW this guy told me that the RC seeds are different than the morning glory (close cousin) plant, in that the RC flower is very stingy in seed production.  Something like one or two seeds per plant or flower ... or ... SOMETHING!!!

I DO remember this person telling me that you don't get a lot of seeds from the planting ... BUT, it is still a pretty plant and flower ...

Well, Chuck - The guy, whoever he is, is mistaken.  Each flower on the vine produces a seed pod with four seeds in it, and if you've ever seen the vines, they can be covered with hundreds of flowers, particularly if they've got plenty of water.  You can pick a coffee cup full of seeds in a half hour, and those are tiny seeds, so that's a bunch of 'em!

Ol' whatsisname may have been thinking of HBW when he remarked that they were not very productive of seeds...

BTW - As for the related morning glory species - they oughtta work as well or better than RC, as they contain the same active ingredients in at least a high a concentration, and the seeds are bigger  Cheesy

Anyway, I just wanted to suggest that planting the old seeds is a lot better use for them than throwing them away!  Try it and see for yourself!  Wink

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #35 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 8:17am

ClusterChuck wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 6:48pm:

That is correct.  I read the same thing, but I guess i'll find out how many each flower yields next spring.  I'm taking my older seeds like somebody said on here and planting them next spring.  With only 2 possible seeds per flower, i'm hoping for a ton of flowers.  We have morning glories planted and they grow like weed.  Very pretty too and I better get a trellis for the rivea because they're very vine-like also.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2009 at 8:19am by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

mike91769
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

lowell ma
Reply #36 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 7:53pm

This can't be this easy??? took one HBWR seed last night and so far 24hrs later not one (knock on wood)
headache.  Was getting 2 sometimes 3 a day for 6 weeks.

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #37 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:52pm

mike91769 wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 at 7:53pm:
This can't be this easy??? .

Can too!!!

Pretty amazing when it works so well.
Expect some CH action and just be prepared to do another when any symptoms return.

MJ

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #38 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 8:14am

MJ wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:52pm:
Can too!!!

Expect some CH action and just be prepared to do another when any symptoms return.
In other words, keep up with a monthly maintenance dose when you find a number comfortable to your body.

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #39 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 11:22am

Kilowatt3 wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:19am:
BTW - As for the related morning glory species - they oughtta work as well or better than RC, as they contain the same active ingredients in at least a high a concentration, and the seeds are bigger  Cheesy

Problem with the morning glory and hawaiian baby woodrose is, that they contain more of the unwanted ergolines.
So yes, they work but you'll get more of the unwanted side effects (vomitting, cramps, ...).

IP Logged

mike91769
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

lowell ma
Reply #40 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 12:51pm

as far as side affects  with HBWR seeds. only took 1, sanded off outside of seed with sandpaper and nail file took about 10min. then crushed up seed and soaked in a shot glass with water for 2 hrs. than drink whole thing. 1.5hrs later some small stomach cramps not to bad. 2hrs later some slight nausea nothing any worse than bad CH. only thing i found wrong was could not sleep that night but will take it if this continues. 1.5 days and nothing.

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Chad wrote on Sep 30th, 2009 at 8:14am:
MJ wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:52pm:
Can too!!!

In other words, keep up with a monthly maintenance dose when you find a number comfortable to your body.

Chad
I am fairly certain that a routine, scheduled monthly maintenance dose is not the answer.
Doseing as symptoms occur has a stronger benefit.
Sure sometimes that requires a monthly dose but the reality is its not needed.
I dose anywhere from daily to and up to 7 weeks apart based entirely on symptoms.
CB treatments work contrary to common medications and some issues can develop with serotonin adjustments over time if the treatrments are not needed.
Have to get back to work but might expand on this later.

MJ

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 3:00pm

MJ, thanks for the word.  I'll have to look further into this.  If this is the case, we need to inform many on here because I know i'm not the only person who does monthly maintenance doses.  Please PM me with more info on this at your convenience.

Thanks,
Chad

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 8:33pm

mike91769 wrote on Sep 30th, 2009 at 12:51pm:
as far as side affects  with HBWR seeds. only took 1, sanded off outside of seed with sandpaper and nail file took about 10min. then crushed up seed and soaked in a shot glass with water for 2 hrs. than drink whole thing. 1.5hrs later some small stomach cramps not to bad. 2hrs later some slight nausea nothing any worse than bad CH. only thing i found wrong was could not sleep that night but will take it if this continues. 1.5 days and nothing.

Mike,

When I tried HBWR seeds, I just cut them in half and scooped out the nut inside. Fast an easy.

I got up to a dose of 12 and never felt a thing, good or bad. I know the batch was good because someone else was helped by them.

Marc
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2009 at 8:35pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

mike91769
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

lowell ma
Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 2:47pm

marc tried that but when i cut them open i coudn't tell what was what. found the method i used on a different web site. Was also wondering if anybody tried the wine method, crush whole seed put in wine and drink whole thing 24hrs later.  72hrs and so far so good!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009 at 2:49pm by mike91769 »  

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 3:32pm

I've heard (2nd hand) stories about too much bad stuff in the outer shell. More stomach upset to the point of barfing, etc.

Good luck with the program!

IP Logged

Smknsmly
CH.com Newbie

AL/GA
Reply #46 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:56am

My seeds came in yesterday, however I think my cycle is near its end. I think i'll dose a couple of times and plant the rest. Then i'll order some more when my next cycle hits.

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #47 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 8:32am

I got mine in last week and took 15 seeds this morning using the Chuck method.

IP Logged

mike91769
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

lowell ma
Reply #48 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 11:23am

damit there back 3.5 days cluster free had two in two days kip 7-8 will try two seeds and see what happens.

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #49 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:00am

Without trying to get too excited I took my first dose of seeds Saturday morning(20). Eventhough I have not had any major attacks since July I do get the constant shadowing which I normally abort with the O2. I shadowed most of the night Saturday however it was very diminished and didn't even require any O2. Since then "nothing" at all which is "very" rare for me. Either this is a rare coincidence or I'm having a good experience with the seeds, I really think it's the ladder. Will take another 20 seeds on Thursday and see what happens, no side effects whatsoever. Think I should try a drink or is it too early in the morning?..Smiley...j/k of course!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!