Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Welding O2 (Read 1805 times)
MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Welding O2
Sep 17th, 2009 at 12:14pm

I am using tanks from a medical supply house right now but they are small and my reg. only goes up to 15 lpm.  I am going to pick up some welders O2 today.  For those of you who use welders O2, what is the best kind of regulator use?  Thanks.

Regards,

Malcom

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Welding O2
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 12:27pm

I used a welders reg.

Potter

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 3:11pm

Thanks for that link Marc.  I'm getting closer to getting this rolling.  I'm looking into an "M" tank or welders tank.
I just need to get the hardware that you're showing here.
'll keep the sucker in my garage and disappear there when the beast visits.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 3:20pm

Marc wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 3:15pm:
Chad,

I keep a "T" tank in my garage that I can use directly when needed, but also to fill smaller tanks for portability.

I'll have to search around, but I think I still have 2 of those CGA-870 to CGA-540 adapters floating around somewhere. I tried to give them away here, several months ago, but had no takers.

I'll dig around the garage tonight.
Marc, that would be great and I really appreciate all your advice and help.  I asked the one welder downstairs where I can get an "M" tank and he said it would be expensive to buy it.  He wasn't any help or clear about it.  I'm assuming you rent the tank and constantly refill it?  The hardware isn't my concern, it's the actual O2.  Insurance doesn't cover it, but i'm willing to buy it out of my pocket. 

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 3:54pm

Marc,

I'm in the process of changing neuros at the moment because my current one is a very closed minded donkey, however he did give me a script for O2, but it's over year old.  I'm concerned that the supplier won't give me O2 with a new script.  My new neuro isn't seeing me till December which will be too late because my cycle will be over by then (so I hope).  Do you use a script for the O2?

Thanks,
Chad

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:10pm

Marc,

I just got off the phone with a supplier and they were nice and hopefully they'll get back to me good news with my old script.  Otherwise i'll have to check into welders O2.
I'm looking to purchase my regulator and mask (mouthpiece since i'm growing a beard, lol) tonight.
Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Chad
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:24pm by Chad »  

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:54pm

Thanks for the info.  I should be up and running tomm.

Regards,

Malcom

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 6:38pm

I was reminded that suggesting welding oxygen for human consumption on this site may be a bad idea, for legal reasons.

So: "Keep in mind that welding O2 is not certified for human consumption. Any comments about made by me were theoretical only. I am not suggesting that you actually breathe the stuff like I do. Do so at your own risk."

Marc
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2009 at 7:05pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:08pm

I'm in at less than 40 bucks. Got a huge tank, rigged up the regulator, strapped the tank to the wall and gave it a test run.   Before I would have to wait for my bag to refill and now I can't keep up.   Hope I never have to use it, but the night is young.

IP Logged

Smknsmly
CH.com Newbie

AL/GA
Reply #9 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 9:30pm

How does the welding o2 compare with the medical grade? I was going to get one but the person at the shop tried to talk me into getting medical grade. That has turned into a huge hassle and all I can get is multiple small E tanks. Is there any danger with the welding tanks? Not as clean? It sure it a lot cheaper if its ok to use.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 9:38pm

Smknsmly wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 at 9:30pm:
How does the welding o2 compare with the medical grade? I was going to get one but the person at the shop tried to talk me into getting medical grade. That has turned into a huge hassle and all I can get is multiple small E tanks. Is there any danger with the welding tanks? Not as clean? It sure it a lot cheaper if its ok to use. 

SameOSameO

Potter

IP Logged

Smknsmly
CH.com Newbie

AL/GA
Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 11:18pm

They told me the medical grade was filtered better and may not be safe..?

So its 100% safe? Any links to some other sources? Thanks, I just want to be sure.

IP Logged

itotka
CH.com Old Timer

Oxygen

Budapest|Solar System
Reply #12 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:11am

I used to visit Linde Gas Hungary Co. because of my work.
Only one pipe goes to the workshop from the liquid O2 tank. They fill industrial and medical tanks from this pipe on two separated places (without extra filtering). The only difference is that they clean (vacuum) medical tanks before every refilling. (They clean industrial tanks only at hydro test.)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW itotka  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!