Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
American Healthcare debate... (Read 16265 times)
Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Re: American Healthcare debate...
Reply #75 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 6:12am

JeffB wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:27pm:
Melissa wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 11:26am:
Ok, I can't stand it anymore.

Buzz, are you wanting to truly understand the reasons why there are millions in the U.S. who are against Federal Government run health insurance, or are you merely trying to get an emotional rise out of people?

Thank you.

Jeff, if you bother to read the thread you will see that I have respectfully (from the position of someone who would support a social healthcare scheme) asked questions, made counter arguments and hopefully stimulated people to think beyond the (often emotional, not factual) rhetoric of politicians.

At the end of the day, regardless of what politicians of any affiliation say, there is STILL a significant number of Americans, hardworking, honest or otherwise, who cannot afford the healthcare that they need. Where do I arrive  at this conclusion? On these very pages.

An emotional rise is not what I seek, but I guess it is an inevitable consequence of asking questions to which there can be many 'answers' depending on political affiliation, personal circumstances, and what people choose to see as right and wrong.

Some people in this discussion have educated me by filling in gaps in my knowledge and showing me what I believe to be valid counter arguments. Others have just become angry and have missed the opportunity to enlighten me further.

Why do I care? Two reasons:
1. I have empathy for CH sufferers and would like to see a situation where all sufferers have access to the treatment they NEED as opposed to the treatment they can only afford.
2. America's internal and external politics do resonate across the world. When America sneezes, we all catch a cold - and lately, the US has been sneezing rather a lot.

The cure is out there somewhere...
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #76 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:24am

Buzz,  socialized healthcare isn't going to cure the complaints you see on this forum.  We still won't be able to get O2 because the Government panel which decides what treatments are appropriate will say O2 is not for headaches.  Trex will still cost a fortune and the Government will be just as stingy with it.

If people are concerned that all have health care, I encourage them to make regular donations to their local free clinics.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #77 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 8:33am

Bob P wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:24am:
Buzz,  socialized healthcare isn't going to cure the complaints you see on this forum.  We still won't be able to get O2 because the Government panel which decides what treatments are appropriate will say O2 is not for headaches.  Trex will still cost a fortune and the Government will be just as stingy with it.

If people are concerned that all have health care, I encourage them to make regular donations to their local free clinics.

Your argument assumes that no one will make the effort to clearly demonstrate the beneficial effects of O2 for CH treatment. Governments need educating too and as patients, we have a duty to ourselves to educate our governments via our doctors, lobbying etc.  This website alone is perhaps the singlemost valuable resource worldwide that CH sufferers have in changing government thinking.

My own experience with CH has been radically improved since introducing this wonderful site to my doctor, who in turn introduced it to several other doctors in my area. Their understanding of the condition grew and their allocation of budget for various treatments was better prioritised; my use of O2 that was originally considered to be a prohibitive luxury by one doctor is now seen as a basic necessity.  You could have the same situation in the US.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #78 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Buzz wrote on Sep 16th, 2009 at 11:24am:
As a UK based sufferer of Cluster Headaches, I have HUGE admiration and gratitude for the FREE healthcare and subsidized medication that I am entitled to; I am equally outraged that there are American sufferers who do not have access to the same treatment. Here's a piece that was sent to me by a friend in America. No doubt it will step on a few toes politically, but the pure logic of it transcends political affiliation Undecided I hope I don't get flamed!:

Emailed to me via a friend in the USA

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country (Iraq) that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion (and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn't get mad when you saw the Abu Grahib photos.

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed Hospital.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city drown.

You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick.
Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans ... well forget that.

Buzz:
Your initial post should in a sense already have answered most of your questions. 

I do agree with others who have mentioned that We as Americans were VERY PO'd at most of the things mentioned in your initial post.  Just because you didn't hear of rioting in the streets etc doesn't mean that the American public was not PO'd

Now on to the matter at hand.  You question why we Americans balk at having a "Government Run" Health plan or Ins plan or ANYTHING ELSE Government Run for that matter, I defer you back to your original post, would we as Americans want a gov. that let the above things happen in charge of ANYTHING that personally relates to each of us???  UM NO!!!

Our Gov. and many of those in it have proven themselves untrustworthy in the past. 

We ask for Legislative/Gov reform of almost any kind and what do we get instead???
Corruption, political back biting, kick backs, misappropriated funds, financial (congressional) Bills with enough earmarks to almost negate what the initial Bill was for in the 1st place, Big Gov for Big Business, a Gov that caters to the Rich, Fraud, A Moron as President (Aka 2nd George Bush), Filibusters, Lobbyists / Big Business blocking or trying to block an action that people want taken (the Ins. Companies are a Big Business), A Gov. that doesn't care about the Elderly and Social Security Benefits (they have been siphoning off of SSI (Social Security Income) and Medicaid for different things on and off for years, now what happens to the baby boomers who are becoming eligible for SSI ?), pork barrel spending by the Gov. (Common who really needs a Gold sink, or a 900.00 toilet seat???), and Gov. employees using gov funds for trips, clothing or other personal uses.

Now you add the above paragraph to your initial post and ask yourself,  Would you want that kind of Gov. in charge of your health care???

I am not for giving the Gov. more power and removing more of our freedoms in the process.  Think about this for a moment, one of our current Gov. Leaders "Hillary Clinton" to be exact said something like this a few years ago; 'The people are not smart enough to know what they need for health care.' Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    

Until our government becomes more fiscally responsible there is no way in hell I'd even let them balance my check book or even attempt to pay my bills for me hell they'd probably earmark the crap out of my money and not a single bill would get paid.  No this doesn't have anything to do with insurance or health care but I'm sure you get my meaning.

Just my  Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #79 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 2:22pm

JustNotRight wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 12:09pm:
Buzz:
Your initial post should in a sense already have answered most of your questions. 

I do agree with others who have mentioned that We as Americans were VERY PO'd at most of the things mentioned in your initial post.  Just because you didn't hear of rioting in the streets etc doesn't mean that the American public was not PO'd

Now on to the matter at hand.  You question why we Americans balk at having a "Government Run" Health plan or Ins plan or ANYTHING ELSE Government Run for that matter, I defer you back to your original post, would we as Americans want a gov. that let the above things happen in charge of ANYTHING that personally relates to each of us???  UM NO!!!

Our Gov. and many of those in it have proven themselves untrustworthy in the past. 

We ask for Legislative/Gov reform of almost any kind and what do we get instead???
Corruption, political back biting, kick backs, misappropriated funds, financial (congressional) Bills with enough earmarks to almost negate what the initial Bill was for in the 1st place, Big Gov for Big Business, a Gov that caters to the Rich, Fraud, A Moron as President (Aka 2nd George Bush), Filibusters, Lobbyists / Big Business blocking or trying to block an action that people want taken (the Ins. Companies are a Big Business), A Gov. that doesn't care about the Elderly and Social Security Benefits (they have been siphoning off of SSI (Social Security Income) and Medicaid for different things on and off for years, now what happens to the baby boomers who are becoming eligible for SSI ?), pork barrel spending by the Gov. (Common who really needs a Gold sink, or a 900.00 toilet seat???), and Gov. employees using gov funds for trips, clothing or other personal uses.

Now you add the above paragraph to your initial post and ask yourself,  Would you want that kind of Gov. in charge of your health care???

I am not for giving the Gov. more power and removing more of our freedoms in the process.  Think about this for a moment, one of our current Gov. Leaders "Hillary Clinton" to be exact said something like this a few years ago; 'The people are not smart enough to know what they need for health care.' i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/gngr-stew/Confus_67.gif
i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/gngr-stew/WTF.gif    

Until our government becomes more fiscally responsible there is no way in hell I'd even let them balance my check book or even attempt to pay my bills for me hell they'd probably earmark the crap out of my money and not a single bill would get paid.  No this doesn't have anything to do with insurance or health care but I'm sure you get my meaning.

Just my  Smiley

Well said, Ginger!

I think that about sums up the whole discussion!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #80 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 3:08pm

Buzz... Thankyou.

Your logic is sound and input very valid. Allways good to have an outsider looking in.

MJ

IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #81 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 3:23pm

Buzz I think you held your corner with true elegance and style with this debate.

I have read everyones posts and still do not understand.
I see that there is so much distrust of every one and  such a fear of lose of liberty  that  all  I see is "it is mine and I am not sharing it with anyone" and  "you can't make me because of The Constitution" attitude

I think although we speak the same words,  there is a vast differance in their meaning  , our cultures are vastley different in so many ways that it is a bit of a shock when it becomes so obvious.

I am also not attacking you or the USA, your policies are for your Goverment and your Countrymen, but sometimes they make no sense to others looking in.

But the joy is that I can say that as you can air your views because both Countries have the freedom to do so.

I do not agree with your views on some things but remember I am a friend, so be gentle with me Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:16pm

mummymac wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 3:23pm:

.........................................But the joy is that I can say that as you can air your views because both Countries have the freedom to do so.

I do not agree with your views on some things but remember I am a friend, so be gentle with me Smiley

An often overlooked point.

Marc

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #83 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:43pm

Buzz wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:47pm:
What needs to be realised and accepted and supported by society is that we NEED the low wage earners.  It is their work and lower wages that keep our prices down. We DEMAND lower prices yet the very 'machine' that contributes to those lower prices (and indeed contribute to the economy all the way up to the wallets of the corporate heavyweights), the lower paid workers must receive second rate "maintenance". We all benefit from their efforts yet don't want to do anything to ensure their health and happiness?  That is sad. That is unjust. And that is blinkered, short-term thinking that will benefit no one in the long term.

Sick people deserve access to the treatment they need, not the treatment they can afford. You can't get better and be productive again if you cannot afford proper healthcare. Instead, you become a permanently ill, unemployed, unproductive burden on on society, looked down upon and cursed by the very people who created you.

Buzz without doubt, that is one of the most intelligent and elegant pieces of writing I have witnessed on this board since I've joined.... Wink

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #84 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:48pm

Buzz, I'd gladly be a friend, but I'm not sure what you consider to be excellent health care. When my English friend's husband needed a stent in his heart, he had to WAIT 6 MONTHS till there was an opening in the schedule....if that is excellent managed medical care, I'll take what I've got, thankewverrymuch! He was a flipping time bomb, and easily could have had a massive heart attack while waiting his turn! How long would it take for a small lump in a breast to become metastasized, inoperable and a death sentence? Or a blockage in one's colon? What if a Dr was too busy to fit in a broken leg?
I've been very fortunate to have excellent medical coverage, and wonderful doctors. I'm also pretty damn healthy....knock on wood.........
In my honest opinion, I could see the US continuing with privatized medicine, along with some kind of COBRA(obviously, much more affordable than it currently is) for those who are unemployed, because I DO believe we should all have health care, but we DON'T need more people trying to take advantage of our system of assistance(read abuse), and I think Malpractice Insurance should GO AWAY..Doctors SHOULD be accountable for their jobs.... if I screw up in Real Estate, I have a choice....pay outrageous premiums  for errors and omissions insurance, in addition to a HUGE deductible, or stay the straight and narrow...I prefer the latter.I am accountable. In such a litigious society, there should be some checks and balances, but it should NOT come down to greed... on anyone's part.......especially when the only soul who wins is the Attorney.
So, my friend across the pond, we BOTH have our issues, and there are solutions to each side as well as pitfalls. I, for one, prefer to be in charge of my own medical care, and that means a good Dr who is available when I need her.and I get that right here in the good ole USofA ....blessins onya, Buzz!
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #85 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:51pm

Quote:
Marc wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:16pm:

.........................................But the joy is that I can say that as you can air your views because both Countries have the freedom to do so.

An often overlooked point.

Marc

Ditto..!

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #86 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 6:01pm

The other over-looked point is that it's become more political that a health care debate. Republican Social Conservatives needed an opening. Here it is. Let the games begin by getting together some of their most noisy members in town halls and marches. As is seen in these debates, health care is only a part of their fear.

Give us the liberty to choose who lives or dies because of lack of access. We're not far from that as a slogan in these marches.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #87 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:22pm

Everyone in USA has access to health care!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #88 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:35pm

Bob P wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:22pm:
Everyone in USA has access to health care!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just depends how deep in debt we want to go and how many creditors we want to have to deal with to access it.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mandeville, LA
Reply #89 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Thanks Ginger.

You've saved me some valuable with your recent response.

Steve G

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #90 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 12:48am

Charlie wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 6:01pm:
The other over-looked point is that it's become more political that a health care debate. Republican Social Conservatives needed an opening. Here it is. Let the games begin by getting together some of their most noisy members in town halls and marches. As is seen in these debates, health care is only a part of their fear.

Give us the liberty to choose who lives or dies because of lack of access. We're not far from that as a slogan in these marches.

Charlie

Charlie, Democrats are not separated from the political aspect either...

When are we going to stop defending the damn politicians is what I want to know??

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #91 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 5:32am

Thank you all so much for your responses.

What I have surmised from this discussion is that Americans have several widely divergent views of what is "Freedom" or "Liberty" - to the extent that one man's freedom is another's oppression; as a low-paid labourer working hard each day in the fields or factories, I would feel 'oppressed' by the view that I shouldn't be entitled to a state-run social healthcare scheme.

My other observation is that America seems no longer to be a democracy: There is a lot of mistrust of "the government".  It is as though "the Government" is separated from the process of electing your representatives; that your elected representatives don't/cannot change the way the government works. As though they cannot make the government more trustworthy, more reliable.

I can see what has happened: Big business has huge influence over both lawmaking and day-to-day government.  Big business has usurped the American peoples' right to shape and influence the way the government is run. Yes, the very "liberties" that nurture and encourage enterprise, that fuel the American Dream have also created the monster that actually deprives Americans of their full democratic rights, and the government they want. You need to regain control!!!

To haul the above back into the context of the social healthcare debate, I think that America needs a system that will, across all states, provide a certain level of guaranteed healthcare to every single citizen regardless of their income or position in society. A level of healthcare that provides reassurance to all families that sickness is not going to bankrupt them. A level of healthcare that gets sick people better and back to work as quickly as possible.

Does this take away choice? No way. People can still choose to contribute to private health insurance schemes if they wish, affording them even better treatment. And there would be a benefit to those people too: Their health insurance providers would have to compete against the universal healthcare scheme in terms of the value they offer their clients. Gone would be the rafts of unnecessary tests, the unnecessary appointments at connected 'specialists' etc.  The cost of healthcare would drop. Quite a lot, I think.

Getting acceptance of such a scheme is never going to be easy. There are too many vested interests held by people and organisations who feel they would lose something as a result (their unfair commercial advantage???). If you look at a universal Healthcare scheme as part of the fibre, the fabric of America, just like your highways where all citizens have an entitlement to use, then it becomes a vision worth holding on to.

Is Universal Healthcare a communist plot?  No. Think again of America's great road system, paid for through taxes, owned by the people: it could be argued that such a system is pure socialism.  I bet no one would want all the roads to be privatised and made into toll roads!!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #92 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 7:58am

In the intricately tangled world of politics as media entertainment, a tidbit of evidence to one's taste can bring a temptation to swallow.  Zealots can be arrogant about what they accept as true because the easiest way to say something shocking is to be wrong and in order to outvie, overstretching the contest between pride and reality.  In this confusion of groundless imagination, thoughts of greater smartness condemn those who differ, swayed by private passion and personal rivalry, defending a point as if a fort in hostile territory to keep the enemy in the wrong.  Partisan combat, cloaked in a garb of virtue.
  And absurdly seeming a worthwile venture, using the method to advance a cause when persuasion has lost efficacy -- antagonistic pessimism.

Yeah, there's some noise out there.

What was the issue again?

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #93 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 9:04am

I concur with Kevin!

Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #94 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 4:52pm

I see that there is so much distrust of every one

Not everyone, just the government.  When the *governement* agrees to accept the same health plan(s) that they want everyone else to have then I may not be so *suspicious* of them.

I see that there is so much distrust of every one and  such a fear of lose of liberty  that  all  I see is "it is mine and I am not sharing it with anyone" and  "you can't make me because of The Constitution" attitude
Smiley

Then you haven't really read this whole discussion have you?  Most of us have said that we don't have a problem with some type of program that will assist people with obtaining health care.  We just don't want the govt. shoving something down our throat, especially when none and I mean NOONE, has any idea of what they are proposing.

BTW, it's not President Obama anymore, it's Madame President Pelosi.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #95 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 6:56pm

Nice job Kevin & Buzz.

There's a lot of cash to be made by encouraging things like Glenn Beck & fellow travellers. The more they do to encourage people to act out fear of "guvment" on TV, the better for far right revenue.

FOX has a powerful financial interest in fostering, promoting, and screeching about bizarre paranoid conspiracy theories. They make most of their money on misinformation. It's easy too and easy find acolytes. It's a take on super market tabloids which have no trouble finding patrons.

"Follow the money" though doesn't explain everything. Nope. It only explains 90% of everything. In terms of Fox and the Tea-Baggers, 2% of the rest is racism, and the other 8% is comedy.

Buzz has a good point at the end of his post. If we're lucky at the least we will be able to treat health care like a public service rather than for a profit only system.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #96 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 7:21pm

Okay, so we know what we don't want and we all have *ideas* as to what some of the problems are.  So.....what do *you* think could make a better/ more workable system?  We can all bitch until the cows come home, but until we start thinking oin terms of what we would like to see change and workable solutions, we're just adding to the problem.

Tort reform-small part of the problem, but a part of the problem, no less.

Sky rocketing costs and brand new procedures that replace the old standards that have been used for many years with excellent results (like Lobster mentioned in the other thread, the new open MRI as opposed to the closed MRI) or in my case, something that  years ago required jsut an x-ray, now required a CAT scan).

Control fraud.

And for those of you in the UK, could problems be on the horizons with the NHS Foundation Hospitals?

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #97 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 7:43pm

Simple for me:

Universal single-payer.....not gonna happen this time.

That health care doesn't depend on money.

Realistically:

The public option (unlikely now) and letting Medicare negotiate drug purchases. Shame on us for letting such a thing come to pass in the first place.

Not letting drug companies tie their support by forcing us to buy only their expensive non-generic drugs.

Make health care like a public service sounds good to me.

Do something about tort reform so long as it makes sense and not just satisfy anti-guvment types.

Charlie

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #98 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 8:26am

Rather than subsidising the insurance companies by forcing everyone to have insurance and taxing the hard working successful to pay the premiums for the less ....., I'd like to see a breakdown of the skyrocketing costs so I could make a knowledgable decision on what can be done to reduce them (I bet not one of the Congress yahoos knows what that breakdown of costs is, much less what is in the bill that is supposed to fix it).

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #99 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 8:59am

Can someone from the UK tell me more about the following article?  Is this *standard* procedure?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!