Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
American Healthcare debate... (Read 16138 times)
Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Re: American Healthcare debate...
Reply #50 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:14pm

Melissa wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:59pm:
Hey Buzz, explain to me WHY the healthcare insurance HAS to be Goverment run??  Especially when there are other options?

I never said it HAS to be government run. It is though how I assumed it should be, probably because we have a good working example of a social health system here in the UK.  My biggest concern is that unless there is a way of controlling the profits (i.e. making sure that the scheme is SERVICE and that a major percentage of profits made are channeled back into funding the provision of services) made by a private sector initiative, then it would soon turn into a profits race and whilst the owners make billions, the service reduces.

I think a mutual society, owned by its members could work very well (and I'm sure in America that schemes like that already exist) but I'm interested to see what sort of nationwide plan could be enacted.

Right now, the evidence is on this message board that the status quo isn't working for some people, who in lots of threads make reference to being unable to afford proper treatment/adequate medication etc.

I am surprised that as a group of people sharing a common illness that there isn't consensus that our peers, our fellow sufferers here deserve equal treatment. I have heard lots of viewpoints about "liberty" here but very little about compassion and humanity - without which, liberty is stillborn.

The cure is out there somewhere...
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #51 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:35pm

Buzz wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:14pm:
I am surprised that as a group of people sharing a common illness that there isn't consensus that our peers, our fellow sufferers here deserve equal treatment. I have heard lots of viewpoints about "liberty" here but very little about compassion and humanity - without which, liberty is stillborn.

I see NOTHING here that says fellow sufferers do not deserve to have treatment.  I DO see that there are some who believe in personal responsibility for their own lives, which includes securing a job, purchasing insurance, etc.  We cannot be the nanny for everyone in this nation.  Now I understand how difficult that is at this time in our struggling economy, but pushing through a Federal program such as a public option is not helping the situation, it's just adding to a multi-trillion dollar defecit.  Not only that, it's unconstitutional.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #52 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:43pm

Melissa wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:35pm:

I see NOTHING here that says fellow sufferers do not deserve to have treatment.  I DO see that there are some who believe in personal responsibility for their own lives, which includes securing a job, purchasing insurance, etc.  We cannot be the nanny for everyone in this nation.  Now I understand how difficult that is at this time in our struggling economy, but pushing through a Federal program such as a public option is not helping the situation, it's just adding to a multi-trillion dollar defecit.  Not only that, it's unconstitutional.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I don't for a minute assume Americans are not taking responsibility for their own lives. Of course there are a few who don't but they are just that: a few. Again, I repeat, I am talking about the people on the forum WHO ALREADY STATE that they cannot afford adequate health provision. I never mentioned whether or not they are employed/employable/unemployable.

With regard to the budget deficit, I cannot comment on the macroeconomics other than to say that a universal healthcare plan could, via scales of economy cost each individual considerably less, freeing up more of their cash to be spent in the general economy.  Which could get things moving again very nicely. Smiley

IP Logged

loopy
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 7:28pm

Buzz wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:43pm:
Melissa wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 6:35pm:

I don't for a minute assume Americans are not taking responsibility for their own lives. Of course there are a few who don't but they are just that: a few. Again, I repeat, I am talking about the people on the forum WHO ALREADY STATE that they cannot afford adequate health provision. I never mentioned whether or not they are employed/employable/unemployable.

With regard to the budget deficit, I cannot comment on the macroeconomics other than to say that a universal healthcare plan could, via scales of economy cost each individual considerably less, freeing up more of their cash to be spent in the general economy.  Which could get things moving again very nicely. Smiley

The fact is health care companies (insurers, hospitals, doctors, pharma, medical supply, convalescent care, rehabilitation, therapists, nurses, technicians, etc.etc. etc.) are all in it to make a profit. Every single last one of them, and THANK GOD THEY ARE!  If there was no motive to provide these services (i.e. profit) and all we depended on was the heavy hand of the government to make doctors, nurses, hospitals, technicians, medical suppliers, therapists (i.e.everybody in the business) provide these services "for the good of the nation", well we would be SCREWED.

That's where this is going.  Today, it's the insurers that are evil (because they are only in for evil profits).  Tomorrow, it's your doctor (because he charges enough to pay for his education).  The profit motive is WHY we have the best health care system on the planet.  With 300 million people in America, you're going to have some people who are unhappy.  You're going to have some unethical behavior by almost anybody, anywhere at anytime.  So, I guess the only way to fix that is to destroy the system instead of addressing the real issues like tort reform, illegal aliens, and insurance companies malfeasance. 

Many of us support the kind of reforms that would actually help the system rather than fundamentally removing yet another one of our freedoms.

Claiming that opposing a public option is akin to denying the helpless their medical care is disingenuous. We have over 170 Federal government programs to help the less fortunate... and nearly every one of them is broke or going broke because the Federal government has shit for brains when it comes to managing our money.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #54 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Buzz wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:47pm:
Callico wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:56pm:
Buzz wrote:
"And please, when I say "Free healthcare" I do not mean that no one pays. What I mean is that it is accessible to all so that those who need it get it. Its only fair and logical that everyone contributes a little of their income to make something that would be a national asset, something for Americans to be proud of where each and every person is a stakeholder."

I pull out one phrase from this portion of your post, "Its only fair...", and ask you to define "fair".  What is fair about taking away what I have worked for to give it to someone else who has been lazy and not willing to work or to take the risk to improve himself.  If I were to go to my neighbor and demand he pay for my healthcare and held a gun on him to make him do it it would be called robbery.  However, if the government comes to me and does the same it is called taxation. 

Our freedom is in our ability to make wise choices to improve our lives, not in having someone else to pay for our excesses and unwillingness to take care of ourselves.

Jerry

Edited because I somehow left out the quote.

I see. So some factory worker who suffers from cluster headaches and cannot afford top level medical treatment like his boss can expecting someone else to pay for his EXCESSES? His unwillingness to take care of himself?

At least I know how my cluster headaches started now! Excess and self neglect, apparently. Thank you Callico!

What needs to be realised and accepted and supported by society is that we NEED the low wage earners.  It is their work and lower wages that keep our prices down. We DEMAND lower prices yet the very 'machine' that contributes to those lower prices (and indeed contribute to the economy all the way up to the wallets of the corporate heavyweights), the lower paid workers must receive second rate "maintenance". We all benefit from their efforts yet don't want to do anything to ensure their health and happiness?  That is sad. That is unjust. And that is blinkered, short-term thinking that will benefit no one in the long term.

Sick people deserve access to the treatment they need, not the treatment they can afford. You can't get better and be productive again if you cannot afford proper healthcare. Instead, you become a permanently ill, unemployed, unproductive burden on on society, looked down upon and cursed by the very people who created you.

Buzz,

You are intentionally misinterpreting what I said.  I never said anything about what caused CH.

I am one who has fallen through the cracks, and I'm glad I had the freedom to pull myself BACK through the cracks without having to depend on the government to take care of me cradle to grave.  There was a period of about 6 yrs following my companies bankruptcy that I could not get insurance due to my diabetes, nor for my wife due to her MS.  During that time I had to use Medicaid for some of our medical necessities.  Trust me, if you ever had to go that route you would NEVER for a moment want to go with a government medical system.  During that time I also went chronic, and learned to treat myself mainly through this board and some links I picked up on this board that lead to other helps. 

You didn't answer my question.  Instead as do many you tried to go the ad hominum route and obfuscate the issue.  Once again I ask you to define what is "fair".  That definition is the turning point of this whole argument.  You seem to think it "fair" to take from those of us who have worked hard and put by a bit and give it to those who do not and will not work to get ahead.  I believe in having a safety net for those who NEED it, as I did at one point, but NOT for those who will not do anything to improve their lot in life.  I don't know how it is in the UK with your class system that tends to hold some back, but here in the States there is no limit on those who are willing to pay the price to get ahead.  Some obviously have more talents and abilities than others, but there is no limiting their opportunity to improve themselves to the level of their ability and drive.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #55 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 4:01am

Callico wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:27pm:
Buzz wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:47pm:
Callico wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:56pm:
Buzz wrote:
"And please, when I say "Free healthcare" I do not mean that no one pays. What I mean is that it is accessible to all so that those who need it get it. Its only fair and logical that everyone contributes a little of their income to make something that would be a national asset, something for Americans to be proud of where each and every person is a stakeholder."

I pull out one phrase from this portion of your post, "Its only fair...", and ask you to define "fair".  What is fair about taking away what I have worked for to give it to someone else who has been lazy and not willing to work or to take the risk to improve himself.  If I were to go to my neighbor and demand he pay for my healthcare and held a gun on him to make him do it it would be called robbery.  However, if the government comes to me and does the same it is called taxation. 

Our freedom is in our ability to make wise choices to improve our lives, not in having someone else to pay for our excesses and unwillingness to take care of ourselves.

Jerry

Edited because I somehow left out the quote.

I see. So some factory worker who suffers from cluster headaches and cannot afford top level medical treatment like his boss can expecting someone else to pay for his EXCESSES? His unwillingness to take care of himself?

At least I know how my cluster headaches started now! Excess and self neglect, apparently. Thank you Callico!

What needs to be realised and accepted and supported by society is that we NEED the low wage earners.  It is their work and lower wages that keep our prices down. We DEMAND lower prices yet the very 'machine' that contributes to those lower prices (and indeed contribute to the economy all the way up to the wallets of the corporate heavyweights), the lower paid workers must receive second rate "maintenance". We all benefit from their efforts yet don't want to do anything to ensure their health and happiness?  That is sad. That is unjust. And that is blinkered, short-term thinking that will benefit no one in the long term.

Sick people deserve access to the treatment they need, not the treatment they can afford. You can't get better and be productive again if you cannot afford proper healthcare. Instead, you become a permanently ill, unemployed, unproductive burden on on society, looked down upon and cursed by the very people who created you.

Buzz,

You are intentionally misinterpreting what I said.  I never said anything about what caused CH.

I am one who has fallen through the cracks, and I'm glad I had the freedom to pull myself BACK through the cracks without having to depend on the government to take care of me cradle to grave.  There was a period of about 6 yrs following my companies bankruptcy that I could not get insurance due to my diabetes, nor for my wife due to her MS.  During that time I had to use Medicaid for some of our medical necessities.  Trust me, if you ever had to go that route you would NEVER for a moment want to go with a government medical system.  During that time I also went chronic, and learned to treat myself mainly through this board and some links I picked up on this board that lead to other helps. 

You didn't answer my question.  Instead as do many you tried to go the ad hominum route and obfuscate the issue.  Once again I ask you to define what is "fair".  That definition is the turning point of this whole argument.  You seem to think it "fair" to take from those of us who have worked hard and put by a bit and give it to those who do not and will not work to get ahead.  I believe in having a safety net for those who NEED it, as I did at one point, but NOT for those who will not do anything to improve their lot in life.  I don't know how it is in the UK with your class system that tends to hold some back, but here in the States there is no limit on those who are willing to pay the price to get ahead.  Some obviously have more talents and abilities than others, but there is no limiting their opportunity to improve themselves to the level of their ability and drive.

Jerry

Jerry, to answer your question about fairness, it is "fair" that any American can use America's road system regardless of the amount of tax that he/she pays; Mr Rich has no more right to use the road system than Mr Poor.   The same argument could be applied to a universal healthcare scheme in which all Americans could participate so that they get the medical care that they NEED as opposed to just what they can AFFORD.

I do realise that there are countless schemes already in exisitence - Medicaid being one of them, yet you yourself have said that being on Medicaid is an experience not worth repeating. Why should Medicaid not be better? You weren't being punished. You were a victim of circumstance in a very difficult situation, suddenly placed in a position of financial hardship and in deep NEED of good medical treatment.

Coincidentally, I have a story that is very similar to you having also had a business collapse etc just as my CH got to a point that I was in need of regular, expensive medical care. Care that I got. Medication that I got. All thanks to the National Health Service.

My view from the outside looking in is that America is blessed with thousands of brilliant people running brilliant organisations that have the potential to benefit many more people than they do already. All I'd like to see is some way of joining all of these enterprises together in a way that a national asset, like your wonderful road system, is created for the benefit of all people. I'm NOT advocating that they stop making profits but I am strongly advocating that any PROFITEERING is brought under control.

Again, I reiterate, the system works pretty well here in the UK and its benefits to the country as a whole are many.

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #56 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:27am

You might not know this either, Buzz, but most states have their own government healthcare for the poor, disabled or children.  Those who are in a difficult part of life have access to these programs, in my state it's the Oregon Health Plan. 

So, my point is, there IS coverage for those who are not ABLE to provide for themself.  There is also cheap coverage which is only for catastrophic illness or if you get hit by a bus.  This coverage does not cover your check-ups, but it would cover you if you got hit by a bus.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #57 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 7:30am

BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:27am:
You might not know this either, Buzz, but most states have their own government healthcare for the poor, disabled or children.  Those who are in a difficult part of life have access to these programs, in my state it's the Oregon Health Plan.

In WI, we have BadgerCare.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2009 at 7:32am by Melissa »  

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #58 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 8:54am

BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:27am:

So, my point is, there IS coverage for those who are not ABLE to provide for themself.  There is also cheap coverage which is only for catastrophic illness or if you get hit by a bus.  This coverage does not cover your check-ups, but it would cover you if you got hit by a bus.

Thank you BMonee, I'm beginning to get a better understanding of what is and what isn't available. Unfortunately, what we pick up in the news is only ever the  broad brushstrokes of the situation (slanted in favour of the news channel's political affiliation) and never the details or more subtle counter-arguments.

I guess the main drive is for standardisation so that there is equality across the Union??

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #59 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:08am

In California it's MediCal

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #60 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:59am

In Kentucky it is called Bourbon. It doesn't cure everything, but you really don't care.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #61 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:12am

Jimi wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:59am:
In Kentucky it is called Bourbon. It doesn't cure everything, but you really don't care.

Now THAT seems like a plan I could admire!!! Grin

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #62 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:19am

Jimi, lol

IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #63 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:56am

Buzz wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 8:54am:
[quote author=212E0C0D0606370B062E0C0D06062E020D630 link=1253114665/56#56 date=1253266059]
I guess the main drive is for standardisation so that there is equality across the Union??

No, the main drive for socialized medicine is political power. "If you vote for the other guy, he's going to take this away from you." (And give it back to the guy I stole it from to give to you).

IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #64 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:34am

Grinner62 wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:56am:
[quote author=212E0C0D0606370B062E0C0D06062E020D630 link=1253114665/56#56 date=1253266059]

No, the main drive for socialized medicine is political power. "If you vote for the other guy, he's going to take this away from you." (And give it back to the guy I stole it from to give to you).

Hmmm cynical, but understandable. Surely though the same could apply to any of the existing public structures in the US? Also, in the UK where politicians are just as slimy, there is a degree of "The Tories will cut NHS Funding" claims by Labour and "Labour has wasted taxpayers money on poor NHS budgetary control" claims by the Tories etc, but the fact is, in general terms, the National Health Service stands firm like a rock weathering whoever's/whatever's storm.  For us, the NHS has to some extent become a bargaining chip used by the UK electorate to ensure our politicians are respectful of our wishes:  Mess too much with our health service and you're out!

IP Logged

loopy
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Buzz wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:34am:

Hmmm cynical, but understandable. Surely though the same could apply to any of the existing public structures in the US? Also, in the UK where politicians are just as slimy, there is a degree of "The Tories will cut NHS Funding" claims by Labour and "Labour has wasted taxpayers money on poor NHS budgetary control" claims by the Tories etc, but the fact is, in general terms, the National Health Service stands firm like a rock weathering whoever's/whatever's storm.  For us, the NHS has to some extent become a bargaining chip used by the UK electorate to ensure our politicians are respectful of our wishes:  Mess too much with our health service and you're out!

Exactly like Social Security here, on so many levels.  That doesn't change the fact that it's going broke.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #66 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 1:21pm

Loopy wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 12:09pm:
Buzz wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:34am:

Exactly like Social Security here, on so many levels.  That doesn't change the fact that it's going broke.

Just another Ponzi scheme designed to give people hope, pick their pockets, and defer the bill until it's unpayable. Or at least until the next administration.

I just got my Social Security statement the other day. I've contributed over $90,000 in my lifetime to Medicare and Social Security. Any guess what that amount might be had I been allowed to keep that money and invest it conservatively for my own retirement costs?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #67 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 1:55pm

Quote:
  I just got my Social Security statement the other day. I've contributed over $90,000 in my lifetime to Medicare and Social Security. Any guess what that amount might be had I been allowed to keep that money and invest it conservatively for my own retirement costs?   

A quick guess would say over $225,000, but thats pretty conservative. 
Don't forget, though, your employers over the years have matched your $90k through employer taxes.  If your employers could give it to you instead of the federal government, you would now have around $500,000 just sitting in CDs.....and CDs have one of the lowest rates of return of any investment out there.

I'm sure an extra half million at your age wouldnt really make that much of a difference for your and your family.  You'll get to collect maybe $1500 a month starting the decade after next....so I don't know what you're complainin' about.

Wink

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #68 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:10pm

I know. Listen to me kvetch.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #69 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:55pm

Buzz,

If you’re not out trying to piss folks off and really want an answer why Americans are so angry over the pending health care legislation and other egregious laws passed by a rogue congress led by 60’s era radical hippie dopers now in power and the most radical administration in over 200 years led by a Marxist trained community organizer steeped in liberation theology and surrounded by radical and communist czars…  Read our Declaration of Independence!

Our founding fathers formed this great Nation to get away from bullshit like this and wrote the US Constitution to prevent it from ever happening again.

We’ve lost more freedoms and run up the largest deficits in the last 9 months than in the history of the United States. If the most radical administration and congress in our Nation’s history are allowed to continue on their present course, they’ll dismantle the Constitution, destroy the fabric of the most productive economy in the world, and in the process, achieve their goal of reducing the US to a third world nation status run by a communist dictator.

We will not stand idle while these social progressive idiots destroy us.  We’ll gladly vote them out of office and send them your way if you think they’re doing such a bang up job…

These are true facts, just as Obama has been deep in bed with ACORN for many years and out to enact “social and economic justice,” another euphemism for redistribution of wealth

If you want to debate the real issues…  I’m here.

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:52pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #70 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:10pm

The latest Rasmussen poll:

Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters nationwide now oppose the health care reform proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s the highest level of opposition yet measured and includes 44% who are Strongly Opposed.

Just 43% now favor the proposal, including 24% who Strongly Favor it. …

If the plan passes, 26% of voters say the quality of care will get better, and 51% say it will get worse. In August, the numbers were 23% better and 50% worse.

Fifty-one percent (51%) say passage of the plan will make the cost of health care go up while 20% say it will make costs go down. In August, 52% thought the plan would lead to higher costs, and just 17% thought it would achieve the stated goal of lowering costs.

I encourage the president to continue on his Magical Mystery Tour. The more he opens his mouth, the more people fall in love with his ideas.

IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #71 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 6:49pm

Batch wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:55pm:
Buzz,

If you’re not out trying to piss folks off and really want an answer why Americans are so angry over the pending health care legislation and other egregious laws passed by a rogue congress led by 60’s era radical hippie dopers now in power and the most radical administration in over 200 years led by a Marxist trained community organizer steeped in liberation theology and surrounded by radical and communist czars…  Read our Declaration of Independence!

Our founding fathers formed this great Nation to get away from bullshit like this and wrote the US Constitution to prevent it from ever happening again.

We’ve lost more freedoms and run up the largest deficits in the last 9 months than in the history of the United States. If the most radical administration and congress in our Nation’s history are allowed to continue on their present course, they’ll dismantle the Constitution, destroy the fabric of the most productive economy in the world, and in the process, achieve their goal of reducing the US to a third world nation status run by a communist dictator.

We will not stand idle while these social progressive idiots destroy us.  We’ll gladly vote them out of office and send them your way if you think they’re doing such a bang up job…

These are true facts, just as Obama has been deep in bed with ACORN for many years and out to enact “social and economic justice,” another euphemism for redistribution of wealth

If you want to debate the real issues…  I’m here.

V/R, Batch

I take it you're on the fence with regard to this issue then? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #72 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 6:58pm

Brew wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:10pm:
The latest Rasmussen poll:

Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters nationwide now oppose the health care reform proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s the highest level of opposition yet measured and includes 44% who are Strongly Opposed.

Just 43% now favor the proposal, including 24% who Strongly Favor it. …

If the plan passes, 26% of voters say the quality of care will get better, and 51% say it will get worse. In August, the numbers were 23% better and 50% worse.

Fifty-one percent (51%) say passage of the plan will make the cost of health care go up while 20% say it will make costs go down. In August, 52% thought the plan would lead to higher costs, and just 17% thought it would achieve the stated goal of lowering costs.

I encourage the president to continue on his Magical Mystery Tour. The more he opens his mouth, the more people fall in love with his ideas.

Clearly a complex issue and clearly too little is known about any ACTUAL plan. I can understand peoples' mistrust of any scheme that appears to be more vapour than substance. I guess the current government needs to spell out more clearly what it intends to deliver and how ALL stakeholders will benefit. Undecided

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #73 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 7:24pm

I guess the current government needs to listen to the will of the people that elected it, not spend so much time deriving new ways to blow smoke up its collective skirt.

Americans don't take well to being told what to do. Our elected officials are supposed to work for us, not the other way around.

IP Logged

JeffB
CH.com Alumnus

Wide open till you see
God, then brake

Raleigh, N.C. USA
Reply #74 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Melissa wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 11:26am:
Ok, I can't stand it anymore.

Buzz, are you wanting to truly understand the reasons why there are millions in the U.S. who are against Federal Government run health insurance, or are you merely trying to get an emotional rise out of people?

Thank you.

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!