Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kudzu, Melatonin and rc seeds (Read 2655 times)
Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Kudzu, Melatonin and rc seeds
Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:12am

I've been eating seeds for a year now as preventative maintenance and have had much success, however I have a batch that are a bit old (1 year old) so I have ordered more from Iamshaman.  In the meantime i'd like to try Melatonin to help with these night hits.  I've had 1 to 2 hits a night for the last 3 nights.  I also have a bottle of Kudzu that i'd like to try.  I'm trying to avoid the triptans so I can take a new dose of seeds when they arrive.  I don't feel like detoxing for 5 days, but if i'm desperate, i'll use the trex at work. 
I know a bunch of you will come on and promote the O2 and I do plan on doing that, but it will be without insurance and out of my pocket.  Can somebody PM me with the best non re-breather mask and regulator to get before I get a tank.  I work
at company with a fab shop, so welders O2 (M tank) is easily accessible.   

Does anybody know if Melatonin or Kudzu will interfere with the way LSA works?  I couldn't find any
quick answers on Clusterbusters.

Thanks,
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Re: Kudzu, Melatonin and rc seeds
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:29am

Nevermind about the Melatonin or Kudzu.  Just found the answer on Clusterbusters.  It's referring to how it reacts with psilocybin which is a LSA cousin.   For those of you who have the same question, here is what I "cut and pasted" from their site.

# *Kudzu:
"Anecdotal evidence suggests that kudzu can block the effects of psilocybin; one person reports that taking a normal dose of kudzu for a week completely blocked the psychological and physical effects of 1.5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms. Those interested in the Clusterbuster approach should consider the strong possibility that kudzu will interfere with that therapeutic approach." [Flo]
See: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
# *Melatonin:
Melatonin agonists modulate 5-HT2A receptor-mediated neurotransmission: behavioral and biochemical studies in the rat AS Eison, RP Freeman, VB Guss, UL Mullins and RN Wright CNS Developmental Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Wallingford, Connecticut, USA.
Interactions between melatonin and serotonin type 2A (5-HT2A) receptors in the regulation of the sleep-wakefulness cycle in the rat have been reported. We studied the acute effects of melatonin and related agonists on 5-HT2A neurotransmission as reflected in behavioral (head shake) and biochemical [phosphoinositide (PI) hydrolysis] responses to 5-HT2A receptor stimulation. Like 5-HT1A agonists and antidepressants, acute administration of melatonin and related agonists inhibited the 5- HT2A-mediated (+/-)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl)-2-aminopropane- induced head shake in a dose-dependent manner. Consistent with these behavioral findings, in vitro incubation of cortical slices with melatonin agonists robustly inhibited 5-HT2A receptor-mediated PI hydrolysis in a noncompetitive manner. 2-Iodomelatonin-induced reductions in 5-HT2A-stimulated PI hydrolysis were blocked by preincubation with the melatonin antagonist N-acetyltryptamine. Further, pretreatment of rats in vivo with melatonin and related agonists reduced the cortical PI hydrolysis response to the 5-HT2A agonist alpha methyl-5-HT but did not alter cortical 5-HT2A receptor density. The present data support an interaction between melatonin and 5-HT2A receptors in the central nervous system.
Volume 273, Issue 1, pp. 304-308, 04/01/1995
Copyright © 1995 by American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics

If you look at a molecular diagram of melatonin and compare it to psilocin you will notice marked similarities. I have always thought there would be some kind of interaction between the two. We don't KNOW if there is any interaction, but I'd say the odds are pretty good there may be.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:31am by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 10:13pm

the only help I can be is on the mask.  the O2ptimask is the cat's meow for masks.  You can order it from the store on the left, and it is worth every penny.  Linde developed it for CH use.

I can't help on the regulator, but if you are going to be buying your own I would strongly recommend you go to at least a 25 lpm regulator.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Callico wrote on Sep 15th, 2009 at 10:13pm:
the only help I can be is on the mask.  the O2ptimask is the cat's meow
Jerry

LOL Grin

Weapons Check:
O2 grenades--Verapamil hollow points--
Prednisone Sniper Rifle--Rivea corymbosa Nerve Gas

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 7:55pm

Callico wrote on Sep 15th, 2009 at 10:13pm:
the only help I can be is on the mask.  the O2ptimask is the cat's meow for masks.  You can order it from the store on the left, and it is worth every penny.  Linde developed it for CH use.

I can't help on the regulator, but if you are going to be buying your own I would strongly recommend you go to at least a 25 lpm regulator.

Jerry

Smiley

Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 8:24pm

I'll add that is is best to remain detoxed from anything and everything for 3-5 days before a seed dose just to err on the side of caution.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!