Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wingate (Read 863 times)
marlinsfan
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love this place!

New Providence, NJ
Wingate
Sep 8th, 2009 at 4:55pm

What happened to the old Wingate thread? I used the search function and NOTHING pops up. I searched the old board and also nothing.

Anyway, Christian Dolder has moved on and Kira Brice is the new professor. I've been recruited for the 5th yr in a row....

Deej/Mrs Deej, feel free to edit/move this to the right place.....

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: Wingate
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 8:55pm

Hi,

I was also invited back...currently not able to participate due to lack of required energy and sharpness of mind.

For those who don't know...it is an epatient program where you interact DIRECTLY with a to-be Pharmacist
at a Pharm school.

It's your chance to directly affect the attitudes of those who will be providing us service. Wanna help another clusterhead? Then help to train the next generation of providers.

Wanna have an exchange with a bright student who wants to learn?

Wanna have the opportunity to get our condition (ch) more exposed and understood?

Wanna contribute?

Wanna be part of the solution?

Wanna be part of the education of a young person?

Wanna get stuff off your chest that no one else, besides those here at ch.com care about?

Here's your chance....

They love clusterheads...seems we are opinionated, direct, honest, to the point, and dang it...we need help!

I cannot recommend this program more...what I got out of it was way more than I put in (not easy, no sliding here)...but you will NOT regret it...

Best,

Jon

edited to add the contact:  k.brice@wingate.edu.

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2009 at 9:00pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 9:26pm

It's a great opportunity. Seems like I had about 3 different students then never heard back from the school again. I'd jump back in anytime.

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2009 at 9:26pm by Racer1_NC »  

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 11:55pm

I've been on their list twice, and have never heard from them other than one phone call confirming I was interested in participating.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 7:31am

I participated last year.  It was interesting and we both learned something in the process.  I'd do it again.

Haven't heard from them this year.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 2:58pm

Correction ... I just got my re-invite.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

kbrice
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 9:31am

I am a pharmacist and Assistant Professor at the Wingate University School of Pharmacy, and as mentioned, I will be taking over the ePatient course from Dr. Dolder.  Next semester we will be offering our electronic patient program to our doctoral pharmacy students. This program involves pairing up a pharmacy student with a real patient. Students and their patients communicate once weekly over the course of the semester on a variety of healthcare-related topics. We would love to have you share your medical, medicine, and healthcare experiences with one of our doctoral pharmacy students to help them learn from real patients. This will be the seventh year that we have offered the program. We have enjoyed the participation of several clusterheadaches.com members in the past and I am excited to open the invitation to participate this year. Our students have found this course to be extremely useful and helpful to learn about medicine outside of a textbook. As a bonus, students are happy to provide you with drug information. You are only asked to share information that you are comfortable with. We don’t require you to give any identifying information. Only the instructor (me) and a student will have access to your e-mail address. Feel free to check out the authenticity of the school, course and me at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. If you are interested in the program or would like more information please contact me at k.brice@wingate.edu.
Sincerely, Kira

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 10:20am

Kira - What about those of us that might be pursuing a course of treatment that, shall we say, isn't necessarily FDA or DEA approved? What assurances can you offer for complete confidentiality? Thanks.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

kbrice
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 1:47pm

That is a great question.  There are several ways to secure your information. First, our students are under the same HIPPA (privacy) laws as other health care providers so they should not share identifying information with other people.  In addition, you are only asked to share information that you are comfortable sharing.  Finally, if you prefer you can use an alias so the student will not know your true identity.  We have several other participants in the program that do this.  As a side note, some participants have also set up a separate email to communicate with the students so their names are not associated with the email address.  I hope this addresses your concerns.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #9 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 2:02pm

Thanks!

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!