Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maxalt ? (Read 1023 times)
Lake
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Maxalt ?
Sep 7th, 2009 at 10:36pm

Evening Folks...

I'm back again after 4+ years... I really thought? they were gone.
Anyway Doc gave me some samples of this stuff and because of no insurance, imitrex is being saved for the real, real bad ones... the ones I have no warning of, or too far away from the house.
I tried it when I felt one coming...and swear, in less than 15 minutes...nothing!
This has worked 3 times in the last three days.

Has anybody else tried this... and if so, with what kind or results?

Thanks and I'll keep you posted... almost said glad to be back, but I did remember where to come to.

Thanks for all the help.

IP Logged

savage174
CH.com Newbie

Purple, because ice cream
has no bones!

Harrisburg, IL
Re: Maxalt ?
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 12:29am

Maxalt tablets (haven't had the quick dissolve) worked "relatively" fast for me.  Used them 3 times now, usually when ch starts, takes LONGER than o2 or Trex but still has killed ch for me within 30 mins or so.  Mebe I'm strange (of course I am) but they have worked.

BTW, so far I've never had an attack last less than 1 hour, so I can only assume that Maxalt is takin care of me.......
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2009 at 12:42am by savage174 »  
savage174  
IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 3:09am

Hi Lake
been using maxalt tablets that disolve on the tongue (one of the triptan familly)  from march until june when my Dr whent mad as i was taking tooo many 2 a day on and off for 3 months apparantly i should take 1 in 24hrs for a max of 10 days one of the side effects is that it causes headaches also i broke out in red spots along my arms. Now on O2 and use maxalt as a last resort when i cant get to my O2.

i cut my attacks down from 40min to 15-20 min now on O2 im down to 5-10 min and no side effects.

Mark (been sitting on the side lines)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 10:15pm

I've used Maxalt with limited success, about 16 yrs ago. It took too long to abort the big hits. I only used it one cycle.

Please be advised to not take the Imitrex within 24hrs of the Maxalt.They are both Triptans and mixing them is dangerous. (big time)

Good Luck, Don
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2009 at 10:17pm by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

only_me
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:27pm

This will be my next med to try, as Relpax didn't seem to work.  Or maybe it did.  The headache only lasted 30 minutes, but mine typically only last 30-60 minutes anyway.  PLus Relpax made me sick to my stomach for the rest of the night.  So, Maxalt is my next try...we'll see.

IP Logged

CH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:14am

My husband used Maxalt dissolvable several years ago.  He hated them because they gave him a "hangover" the entire next day and he felt more useless than just trying to get through the hit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!