Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Zyprexa! (Read 5437 times)
Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Re: Zyprexa!
Reply #25 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 6:50pm

Bob Johnson wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 3:00pm:
(I hope that you gave your doc the abstract I posted at the top of this string giving the original report on using Zyprexa. He needs this information.)

I did! He has his own copy now. Thanks Bob, kudos to you Smiley

Weapons Check:
O2 grenades--Verapamil hollow points--
Prednisone Sniper Rifle--Rivea corymbosa Nerve Gas

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #26 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 6:01pm

Hey guys....

Had a chance to try the Zyprexa......I had a hit coming on around 11 am....immediately took the Zyprexa....the hit started coming on kinda fast in its usual fashion...I took a 5mg pill.....the HA started diminishing after about 15-20 minutes.....it does abort clusters....it just takes awhile. I got drowsy afterwards, and also have a soreness in the back of my head.....the soreness is still there....hours later.

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Hey guys.....I had another hit last nite......took 10 mg of Zyprexa, CH was gone in 10 minutes.

Don't sleep on this info! The Zyprexa is working! Its becoming my abortive along with the O2, and Imitrex.

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #28 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 2:01pm

bejeeber wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 6:43pm:
Any one know whether Zyprexa plays nice with imitrex?

As in:

"Dang this Zyprexa isn't working, I'll just whip out my imitrex and get a quick jab then without fear of a bad interaction between these 2 drugs"

Or:

"I used my one allowable dose of Zyprexa 6 hours ago, so now that I'm being hit again, heck I'll just use my trusty  imitrex this time"?

hey bejeeber,
i just read in here that they play nice together Wink....7th page, 4th paragragh

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #29 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:48pm

Ooh - that is certainly encouraging - my Zyprexa antennae are fully extended now!  Grin

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #30 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 4:45pm

bejeeber wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:48pm:
Ooh - that is certainly encouraging - my Zyprexa antennae are fully extended now!  Grin

jeeb,
I got hit last nite with an oncoming CH.....took Zyprexa and also got on the oxygen.....i think i goof'ed up by doing that because that combo took the CH away within minutes...no longer than 7 minutes.....so I got off the oxygen
thinking that the Zyprexa in my system would keep it away once it was gone....the headache came back again 1 hour later......my analysis....i think the oxygen reduced the effectiveness of the Zyprexa. In so many words, the Zyprexa couldnt do anything because the oxygen aborted the HA. So it was as if I took Zyprexa being pain free. if you take Zyprexa when you're pain free it wont do anything, its only able to abort a hit after the hits already incoming.

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 7:24pm

Lawrence wrote on Sep 12th, 2009 at 4:45pm:
............my analysis....i think the oxygen reduced the effectiveness of the Zyprexa. In so many words, the Zyprexa couldnt do anything because the oxygen aborted the HA. ......

To me, that seems like a huge leap to conclusion.

I would suggest waiting to see if that happens consistently before making a treatment decision for yourself.

Most of us cannot even begin to count the number of "cause and effect" things that we were sure of - but eventually found to be wrong assumptions over time.

Sometimes the hits just come again............

Marc

ETA:
I make these comments because I wouldn't want to see you (or anyone else) trash something that just might be a very good part of your success.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2009 at 7:26pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #32 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 7:42pm

Marc wrote on Sep 12th, 2009 at 7:24pm:
Sometimes the hits just come again............

Marc

Thats true. I'm confused by it, because I added the Zyprexa in the equation.....I don't know... Undecided

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 7:56pm

Just stay with it, man!

Keep trying what feels right.

I'm an O2 freak (in case you hadn't noticed) but that doesn't mean that it is the answer for you. My point was to NOT give up on anything too soon.

MANY things we use to attack our condition are a process, not a one time event.

Marc

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #34 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 8:38pm

That result you got there last night is tuff to figure out for sure, not to mention disappointing, Lawrence. Dang.  Undecided

HA coming back in an hour certainly is typical for me if I use O2 for a wake up hit - I can see how it seems like the Zyprexa didn't do it's thing.

Causes me to wonder about this whole simulataneous O2 and Zyprexa approach, and for that matter simultaneous O2 and imitrex. Hmmmm.... I'm gonna start a new topic about that!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2009 at 1:07pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Reply #35 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 1:56am

Hi All-

Glad to see the interest and some success with the Zyprexa.  I had no idea what I was starting!  It worked for me every time within 15-20 minutes without fail and seemed to keep me pain free for about 24-33 hours at 2.5 mg.  I cannot speak to the 02 issue because I don't have much experience there.  The only thing I can say is that you had 2 variables so there is no way you can know for sure what happened.  Good luck!

Tip...When I was finished with it, I tapered the Zyprexa for 4 days.  Took half of a pill for 2 days, then a fourth of a pill for 2 days.  I am always fearful of abrupt stops of medication during or near cycles.  I just finished it yesterday.  I'll keep you posted.

-Joni Cheesy

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 5:29pm

thanks Joni.....

The beast showed up for breakfast this morning, and got SERVED.......

a tall can of whoop-ass.....

I felt that slight "twinge" feeling in the right side of my head this morning....letting me know the HOR (hound from hell) was on its way....i quickly popped in 10 mg of the Zyprexa.....Beast annihilated.............I could feel the HA trying to get stronger after I took it....letting me know it wasn't a "false alarm".....(u know sometimes when you feel that twinge the CH doesn't always come....)

the key, just like anything else....is to take a dose the moment you start to feel it....don't wait Cool

Zyprexa is working well for me as an abortive Smiley

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #37 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:21am

re. #36. Your experience reminded me of the only time that CH would lead to a SMILE! When the Zyprexa hit me the pain disappeared with such speed and completeness that it was like a light switch being thrown!

Oh, that it was so good for all CH folks....

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #38 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 1:53pm

Bob Johnson wrote on Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:21am:
re. #36. Your experience reminded me of the only time that CH would lead to a SMILE! When the Zyprexa hit me the pain disappeared with such speed and completeness that it was like a light switch being thrown!

Oh, that it was so good for all CH folks....

i'm ready to go back to work now

Weapons Check:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!