Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flame me if you want, my clusters have been busted (Read 5355 times)
johnzo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Flame me if you want, my clusters have been busted
Aug 23rd, 2009 at 2:50pm

When I first started reading on this site, I saw alot of people talkin smack anytime someone brought up the pepper spray. I sure am glad I had already ordered the stuff!! If you read my intro in the new member section, you know I have been having alot of episodes lately. I am so incredibly happy to have found this stuff!!! At the first sign of a shadow, I spray the pepper up my nose and after about 5 seconds of burning, my shadows are gone, and it doesn't progress any further. If I don't get to the spray fast enough, I can still stop a full blown attack with a spritz or two. I can't believe it works so good. I was having 6-12 extremely bad episodes per week. Over the last month, I have had only two bad headaches, one when I left my spray at the office, and one last night, I left my spray in my truck and didn't want to run out in my underwear. The frequency of shadows has greatly reduced too. I would say I reach for the spray 3-4 times per week. I am just hoping I don't build a tolerance for the spray.

I won't name the product by name, because I don't want to be accused of working for "them". I am upset that people here would banish people for even bringing this stuff up. I have seen people on this board accusing them of being snake oil salesmen. If you haven't tried it then why would you talk smack and prevent someone from getting relief???

If anyone isn't sure what product I am talking about, just e-mail or send me a message if you would like to know. It was the best $15 I have ever spent.

Johnzo...

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Flame me if you want, my clusters have been busted
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 3:12pm

I did use Zostrix (cayenne cream) up the shnoz at one time - it worked for about the first week of that episode then never worked afterwards.

This pepper spray sounds like it could be taking it to a whole new level!   Shocked

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 3:41pm

Isn't it capsaicin?

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 3:57pm

I think Johnzo is talking about this...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If I was desperate enough I might try it ... but for now just the thought of putting hot pepper up my nose is a turn off in and of itself.   But if it works for others...More power to you.

Glad you found something that helps Johnzo.

This site is great for info and we don't bash people for finding something that works for them.  So please be polite and don't assume and bash us right off the bat.

Thanks!
Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

johnzo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 4:10pm

^^^^Yep, thats the stuff^^^^

It's really not that bad when you spray it. The sting lasts about 5 seconds. Alot better than the pain that would have come otherwise. I hope it keeps working!!

Johnzo...

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 4:32pm

MattyAA wrote on Aug 23rd, 2009 at 3:41pm:
Isn't it capsaicin?

Yeah - from what I've read capsaicin is an extract from cayenne.

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

ClusterChris
CH.com Old Timer

Damn Head!

Welland, Ontario
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 10:14pm

Even if it doesnt work, I'm impressed just to see the words "Cluster Headaches" on the box! Smiley

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 12:25am

One thing I love about living in the city is the ability pop out and grab a semi-obscure item like this immediately. Which I did.

Well kinda - I was able to get the Sinus Buster version. The Headache version has the added herbs peppermint and feverfew.

This sinus buster has the cayenne though and wooDAWGY it'll give your sinus a sizzlin blast!

I can't imagine some relatively minor discomfort like that stopping me from trying a possible non toxic CH killer though.

So my CH episode is rapidly ramping up, many more strong and quickly intensifying hits per day than I ever remember having before at this stage.

Had to resort to 4 half dose imitrex injections starting at 3:30 AM this morning and repeating at mostly 4 hour intervals. By the time I was expecting the 5th hit I had this pepper blast in my clutches so I gave 'er a whirl when the all too familiar beast came a knockin'.

It worked. I did 3 sprays for good luck and each one induced some involuntary rapid head wagging.  Tongue Pretty much instantly the CH was gone.

Then I repeated this at approx. 2 hour intervals when I was feeling something coming back, same results.

Now I've felt free to be trigger happy with this stuff, sniffing away on it if I even suspect I might have an attack coming on. Can't do that with the trex though of course, gotta be sure the CH is really going to happen, by which time it's starting to pound pretty hard.

So this has at least eliminated shadows, and I think it more than likely aborted a full attack.

I'm not exactly going to count on this result continuing as my cycle gets to peak intensity, but it's been worth it so far!

When I wake up in the wee hours with a noggin ripper tonight, that'll be a real test.

Thanks for the headzup Johnzo!

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:22am by bejeeber »  

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 7:14am

I've tried this Sinusbuster stuff before and had no luck.
I eat hot sauce regularly so the burning sensation wasn't that bad in my nose.  I may have taken it too late like johnzo said, meaning I didn't spray it at the first sign of the shadow.   Well, I bust using seeds and for now, that's my magic bullet.  As preventative maintenance I have been cluster free for over a year.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:42am

i guess i might try this stuff.
i mean if it works like u say it does.
i will give feedback.

as a sidenote......i got an optimask, works great Roll Eyes

Weapons Check:
O2 grenades--Verapamil hollow points--
Prednisone Sniper Rifle--Rivea corymbosa Nerve Gas

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:55am

Flame you? Hell no. That pepper in your schnoz will do that all by itself. Grin

(That was meant to be light-hearted humor, so jump right in and laugh with me.)

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #11 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:33pm

Just poppin back in here real quick with my update - I'm getting hit hard at this point and I'm afraid the sinus buster didn't work on my wake up whoppers, or the following morning hit.

I'll probably still order some official "headache buster" spray like Johnzo uses, as opposed to the pepper only sinus buster I'm trying right now. Couldn't hurt. Well it could sting a little.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2009 at 5:34pm by bejeeber »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 2:09pm

Has anybody considered oxygen?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 2:18pm

johnzo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2009 at 2:50pm:
When I first started reading on this site, I saw alot of people talkin smack anytime someone brought up the pepper spray.

Well, see...in the past, we've had some obvious shills sign on in order to peddle the stuff.  People got a mite touchy about the whole thing. 

Hasn't happened in some time.

It's obvious to me, at least, that that's not what you're doing--so I doubt that you'll stir up much trouble for giving everyone your honest assessment of capsaicin nasal spray. 

There hasn't been a lot of success associated with these products in the past, but anything's possible, eh?   Wink

Good luck.

Best,

George 

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 4:57pm

Brew wrote on Aug 24th, 2009 at 2:09pm:
Has anybody considered oxygen?

Nah, too easy...........

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #15 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 6:38pm

I've had some success with killing my shadows with it before.

Capsasin, over time, is supposed to deplete substance P in the nerves, helping the pain in the long term, too.

I've combined it and 02 before. Wink

PFDAN
Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

johnzo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #16 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:55pm

I haven't logged in a week or so, and I'm glad to see bejeeber had some relief. I'm still having great results with it, so I will update if it stops being as effective. I also hope bejeebs will have better results with the official recipe for clusters!!

I'm also very thankful that everyone has kept an open mind and not flamed me. If I can help anyone halt even one headache, then I feel like I've done something to help. Good luck to all on your search for relief!!

johnzo...

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 3:53pm

johnzo wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:55pm:
I haven't logged in a week or so, and I'm glad to see bejeeber had some relief. I'm still having great results with it, so I will update if it stops being as effective. I also hope bejeebs will have better results with the official recipe for clusters!!

I'm also very thankful that everyone has kept an open mind and not flamed me. If I can help anyone halt even one headache, then I feel like I've done something to help. Good luck to all on your search for relief!!

johnzo...

Oxygen is a way better abortive,trust me.  Consider yourself flamed.

Potter

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 9:57pm

Grin  Vietvet

Edited due to my own foibles   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2009 at 1:45pm by JustNotRight »  

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #19 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 10:06am

If it works for you then great.
I will stay with the o2 to abort, no side effects and PF within minutes.

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:58pm

O2 doesn't burn my nose.  And it works.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 1:46am

Further update on my results:

I've been trying the Headache buster version for several days now, and as my CH continues to ramp up I'm using it often as a shadow chaser, but no hope of it aborting an actual hit anymore.

It's good stuff in other ways - cayenne has a lot of beneficial properties, and I've found my chronic post nasal drip since my last cold (a bad one almost 3 years ago) has been noticeably alleviated, which is a nice side effect.  Smiley

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #22 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 3:02pm

Capsaicin was studied in trials for cluster headaches about 10 years back now.  You won't get blasted for trying and reporting your results with anything.  We had an ongoing thread several years ago for vinegar and blue cheese;

Mostly the problems occur when someone tries to insist they have found a cure for CH, or try to sell a product through DJ and Steph's site.

Otherwise, if cow turds work, more power to ya!

Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:44pm

catlind wrote on Sep 3rd, 2009 at 3:02pm:
  We had an ongoing thread several years ago for vinegar and blue cheese;

What..!

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!