Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How much water is too much? (Read 1087 times)
Photo-Lisa
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

How much water is too much?
Aug 22nd, 2009 at 2:28pm

My partner has today had some success with the water treatment. He has only had 1 episode so far at 9.20am which he had an injection for but sionce then has been drinking half a pint of water every half an hour, does anyone know the limit and how many days it's safe for?

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Re: How much water is too much?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 12:05pm

In doing a quick google search Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register, a healthy person's kidneys can process about 15 liters of water per day.  One liter equals 33.8140 US fluid ounces, so 15 liters would equal a total of 507.21 ounces per day. 

He's drinking 1/2 pint (8 ounces) every half hour, so he's drinking 16 ounces every hour.   Multiply 16 ounces by 24 hours, and he's drinking approximately 384 ounces in a full 24 hour period.  (Somebody double check my math). 

Now, we can I think safely assume he's not drinking while he's asleep, so my guess would be he's doing fine, and that he can continue on doing it for days on end, if necessary.

Make sure, though, that he pays attention to his kidney function and if any discomfort starts, stop the water intake immediately to let his kidneys get back to normal.

I normally drink eight 12 ounce glasses of ice water every day.  When I'm in cycle, that 12 ounce glass is always filled with ice water the full 24 hours.  I will almost chug down the water as soon as the hit is over, refill the glass and then sip continuously throughout the day, and sometimes several times during the night. 

In cycle, that white porcelain bowl in the bathroom and I become great friends.   Roll Eyes

Hope this helps.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

OmG.it.Hurts
CH.com Newbie

The young one.

Toronto, Canada
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 11:58pm

So, what does the water do? Abort the attacks, or does it just ease the pain when you do get an attack? I'm confused.. I know I try to stay hydrated throughout the day, but you say to drink 8 ounces every 30 minutes? Does it really help? :-\

"It feels like... Mike Tyson is here, giving me right hooks to my eye, while a jackhammer is chipping away at the top of my head.. Oh, and to top it off, my neck feels like it's in a huge vice grip."
OmG.it.Hurts blue_am_i 517791446  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:52am

OmG.it.Hurts wrote on Sep 15th, 2009 at 11:58pm:
So, what does the water do? Abort the attacks, or does it just ease the pain when you do get an attack? I'm confused.. I know I try to stay hydrated throughout the day, but you say to drink 8 ounces every 30 minutes? Does it really help? :-\

Helps some folks quite a lot.  Not me, but still...

See the "water X 3" link on the left side of your screen.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 10:03am

I would proceed with some reasonable caution, by increasing your water intake gradually.

Suddenly increasing your water intake to very, very high levels can be dangerous.

Reports of dangerous blood pressure spikes, seizures and heart attacks have resulted from people going too far, too fast.

Common sense applies....

Marc

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 4:57pm

OmG.it.Hurts wrote on Sep 15th, 2009 at 11:58pm:

I can't drink water like that.....wish i could, but I can't.....i forget about during the day......

Weapons Check:
O2 grenades--Verapamil hollow points--
Prednisone Sniper Rifle--Rivea corymbosa Nerve Gas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!