Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Teeth Grinding and Cluster Headache Correlation (Read 4823 times)
Shack96
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Teeth Grinding and Cluster Headache Correlation
Jul 20th, 2009 at 10:07am

Hi, my name is Chad and I've suffered Cluster Headaches on and off for approximately 10 years. Most recently, my dentist provided me with a mouth guard unlike any other that I've tried - it's definitely worked for sleep/teeth grinding, but I can't help but notice the sharp decrease in Clusters.

Has anyone else experienced luck with this type of solution? Any for those of you that may grind your teeth at night, have you tried a mouth guard? I'm currently out of cycle on my cluster headaches and wanted to offer up the above as a possible consideration. You all have provided me so much support over the years and I truly appreciate it.

v/r
Chad

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Teeth Grinding and Cluster Headache Correlation
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 12:12pm

I had TMJ for awhile, and I had one of those teeth-clenching things I wore. Never noticed a decrease in CH activity. Could it be your cycle was naturally coming to an end?

Quote:
I'm currently out of cycle on my cluster headaches and wanted to offer up the above as a possible consideration.

No, I don't want to use your mouthguard. Cheesy

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Shaka
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 12:55pm

i putted a bracer in my teeththis year and in this cycle i was only ch hitted for 10 days and they seem to stop now...maybe coincidence who knows....the bracer in my teeth is to correct a inclusive teeth and tmj 2...maybe related to ch decrease who knows  Wink Wink Wink   Cool

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 7:39pm

Tooth grinder here...all mine are now flat. Without a bite guard, I would no longer have teeth.

Predates my ch...and the biteguard has no effect on the ch. Wish it were so.

Though it may not help my condition...if it helps yours...GREAT...and
it will surely help your teeth.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Shack96
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 11:29pm

Wanted to add one point to my previous post ... I used to use the standard mouth guard for teeth grinding ( I actually wore through several over the past few years) ... when I parted ways with the Military, I had a dentist prescribe me a guard that attaches to your front teeth only...that way, when you clench down, your jaw immediately releases and thus, you don't grind away (the other guards allow you grind away minimizing damage to your teeth).

I have the name of the guard if anyone is interested. Again, could be something unique for me - or I'm just way out of my CH cycle.

And NO, I'm not lending out my guard Brew  Grin

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 7:36am

Shack96 wrote on Jul 20th, 2009 at 11:29pm:
And NO, I'm not lending out my guard Brew  Grin

Excellent. We're singing from the same hymnal. Wink

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

aznwch
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 3:06pm

I'm interested in picking up a mouth guard...what's the name of the one you're talking about?

thanks!

Shack96 wrote on Jul 20th, 2009 at 11:29pm:
Wanted to add one point to my previous post ... I used to use the standard mouth guard for teeth grinding ( I actually wore through several over the past few years) ... when I parted ways with the Military, I had a dentist prescribe me a guard that attaches to your front teeth only...that way, when you clench down, your jaw immediately releases and thus, you don't grind away (the other guards allow you grind away minimizing damage to your teeth).

I have the name of the guard if anyone is interested. Again, could be something unique for me - or I'm just way out of my CH cycle.

And NO, I'm not lending out my guard Brew  Grin

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 7:26pm

During peak CH times I've crushed a couple teeth. Sometimes in my sleep.

CH sucks,  Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!