Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savella, Marplan, Emsam (Read 750 times)
Christy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Savella, Marplan, Emsam
Jul 7th, 2009 at 12:55pm

Headache doctor has given these three drugs as the next option for my CH 17 y/o to try.  Anyone have any feedback, good or bad?  Effectiveness, side effects?  He did have a good experience previously with Nardil, but it was short lived.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Savella, Marplan, Emsam
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 3:31pm

Antidepressants have been shown to increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents and young adults with depression and other psychiatric disorders. All patients on antidepressants and their families or caregivers should watch closely for the following, especially early during antidepressant treatment and when the dose is adjusted up or down: worsening of depression symptoms, unusual changes in behavior, thoughts of suicide, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, difficulty sleeping, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, restlessness, and extreme hyperactivity. Such symptoms may be associated with an increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior and should be reported to the patient's healthcare professional right away, especially if they are severe or occur suddenly. EMSAM is not approved for use in pediatric patients. Furthermore, EMSAM at any dose should not be used in children under the age of 12, even when administered with dietary modifications.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Re: Savella, Marplan, Emsam
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 2:36am

If he's on any Triptans/Vasoconstrictors, Emsam is directly contradicted. Don't let him take them together because serotonin syndrome can occur.

I've been on antidepressants since I was around 13 (a medication triggered it.) So, make sure let him know if he's feeling odd in ANY way to speak to you. I've had some antidepressants do that... Hopefully he won't have any issues with it.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!