Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aussie o2 cylinder changes (Read 495 times)
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Aussie o2 cylinder changes
Jun 29th, 2009 at 8:43pm

CHANGES TO MEDICAL O2 CYLINDERS AUSTRALIA

The Australian new Zealand Industrial Gas Association have announced a change over program for medical oxygen valve outlets & cylinder colour change.
The type 10 threaded connection on all D,E & G cylinders will be changed to the Pin indexed type & you will need to arrange for a replacement medical oxygen regulator, Welders oxygen cylinders will not change.

The timing of the change over is:
Northern Territory      Sept 2009
South Australia      Feb 2010
Western Australia      May 2010
Queensland            Aug 2010
NSW/ACT            Feb 2011
Vic/Tassie            June 2011

Old type 10 threaded connection
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Pin indexed type
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cheers
Barry

Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Re: Aussie o2 cylinder changes
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 10:23pm

Barry,

From what I can see from that picture and a little Google work, it would appear that the new standard Pin Indexed system is the same as our CGA-870 Yolk style connector, ISO standard.

Your larger tanks will remain Bull Nose fitted, which is unlike our CGA-540 for large tanks.

If I am correct, this will give you folks a lot of great low cost regulator options - and the ability for American Clusterheads to help our friends Down Under.

Marc

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2009 at 10:32pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!