Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What was that? (Read 982 times)
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus

Simi Valley, CA, USA
What was that?
Jun 26th, 2009 at 11:42pm

A couple of nights ago I woke up with a Kip 6-7 and grabbed the O2. But something was different. My nose was a little runny and extremely irritated on one side.

Every breath I inhaled using the mask it felt like a something ripping a nerve out with pliers. Not the usual CH pain over a wider area. This was just a small area, but it hurt like the time I decided to get a tooth filled with no pain killer (I think worse... like a Kip 11 inside my nostril).

Thinking the O2 would take hold I continued a couple of more minutes until I couldn't stand it any more. I ended up going for an Imitrex injection.

Now I am keeping the mouth piece that came with my O2 mask handy in case it happens again.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2009 at 11:43pm by FrankF »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: What was that?
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2009 at 1:12am

Wow, new one on me. I find occasionally snorting a breath of the cold oxygen in the effected side nostril even speeds the relief a little bit. Hope it was just a one time glitch for ya. Undecided

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Bob Greenwood
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Mass.
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 7:38am

It happens to me. There is a nerve that runs from the front teeth and up the nose. When I get a CH my nose starts off with a stinging feeling (almost like dry air is triggering a sneeze) and then as the CH gets worse my nose feels like there is a razor being stuck up there.
I haven't found anything to stop it.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2009 at 7:38am by Bob Greenwood »  

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 9:41am

FrankF wrote on Jun 26th, 2009 at 11:42pm:

................Now I am keeping the mouth piece that came with my O2 mask handy in case it happens again.  Smiley

Yep.

How have you been, Frank?
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2009 at 7:22pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

kingsiren
CH.com Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

x0||||||
Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2009 at 2:14am

I experience this pain too, usually when the attack is a severe one. I usually associate it with the relief almost like it is the 02  working. I aam going to try strictly mouth breathing next time and see how that feels.

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!