Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bed buddy (Read 932 times)
Bob Greenwood
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Mass.
Bed buddy
Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:53am

My wife bought me a bed buddy hot and cold pack at CVS. You can either put it in the freezer or if you like heat when you get a CH you can just throw it in the microwave. I like the heat better. When you microwave it, it actually gives a moist heat and not a dry heat like a heating pad.
I had a CH last night and tried it. IT HELPED ME BIG TIME.
I figured it may help someone else so I wanted to let you all know.
I'm new to this site and I know just reading what you all have posted here has helped me a LOT.
Here is a link to it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Bed buddy
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 11:47am

Thanks, Bob.

We have two of them.

I would never even think of using one during a cluster headache attack, but that's just me. I'm an icepack guy.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

GatorScott
CH.com Newbie

Go Gators!

Orlando, FL
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:20pm

Thanks for the link Bob; I'll have to pick one up. 

I'm the opposite of Brew, in that ice never seems to work for me, but wrapping my head with a heating pad or inhaling the steam off boiling water seems to help a little until my Imitrex kicks in.

IP Logged

Bob Greenwood
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Mass.
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:43pm

No problem guy's.
Brew if you throw them in the freezer over night you'll have a soft ice pack. Ice seems to make mine worse for some reason.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 1:06pm

Bob Greenwood wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:43pm:
No problem guy's.
Brew if you throw them in the freezer over night you'll have a soft ice pack. Ice seems to make mine worse for some reason.

I use gel icepacks that get colder than freezing and stay cold for a long time. I've tried the frozen bed buddy, but it doesn't compare.

But for those times when we need long-lasting, moist heat, the bed buddy is incomparable.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Bob Greenwood
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Mass.
Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 1:17pm

I getcha.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!