Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm baaaa aaack & trying something new...again (Read 1138 times)
godsjoy777
CH.com Veteran

HIS name is above clusters

x0|Grand Prairie, TX|USA||0|0|
I'm baaaa aaack & trying something new...again
Jun 23rd, 2009 at 8:49am

Well as we sooooo often do, I left the board when I wasn't in pain and for the last 2 years, my cycles broke once I went on vacation to the Rocky Mts.....go figure?  My cycles are usually 3 months long but the last 2 years I was able to get to the Mts after 3 weeks of hits....I don't understand it, but that is what happened.  We love the mountains so we made our plans for a trip to the mts again.....but it apparently was too early...I hadn't started a cycle  ( and of course like everybody, hoping they wouldn't come back this year )......but....since my cycle always moves ahead a bout a month every year....the Clusters started when I returned from a wonderful vacation in the Mts....If all else fails, my husband says he'll scrape up the $$$ to return for a long weekend.   Smiley

I started reading the thread about Clomed etc....and testosterone etc....and you can go look at my post.  I work for an anti aging Dr.  that has balanced my hormones....I get a little Testosterone pellet, some progesterone and just a small amt of Estrogen as I am estrogen dominant for the most part....I feel healthier than ever and my cholesterol levels and insulin levels have gone way down after following what the Dr says.....so I don't know about hormone imbalance being a trigger for me....as I am still getting hit...but it sure helps dealing with everything else in life anyway...

Now....I have a theory....and the Dr. I work for is going to let me try it.  I was a guinea pig earlier in the year for a diet using hcg...hcg effects the Hypothalmous....I lost about 10 lbs and it was great...I have about 20 more I could lose and I'm going to try to do the hcg diet while in cycle to see what it might do with the clusters....MY GUESS...only a guess...is that it could break the cycle as it messes with the hypothalmous....Who knows????  I will probably start it this weekend or next.....Stay tuned!

Oh....He everybody...Noni, Eric, Racer....all y'all I met in Dallas a few years back!
Love and prayers to y'all from Texas!

Karen

godsjoy777  
IP Logged

danielpeterson
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Bozeman|USA||0|0|MT,Montana
Re: I'm baaaa aaack & trying something new...again
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:21am

Well-l-l-l... I have lived in the Rocky Mountains since spring of 1995... My headaches started coming on in spring of 2006... I have always maintained that there is a strong psychological/attitudinal component to this dis-ease (lack of ease), although how much is a malfunction of our body parts and how much we open ourselves up to is debatable.
I LOVE GOD, Daniel R Peterson

IP Logged

chrismo5555
CH.com Newbie

Vitamin D3 is for me!

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 1:08pm

So I'm a little confused. What exactly are you going to try with your doctor?

IP Logged

godsjoy777
CH.com Veteran

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:45pm

HCG is Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a hormone that every body does produce some of.  HCG actually effects the hypothalmous to tell your brain you''re not hungry and especially you're not starving....That's the reason it is used ( off label of course) as a weight loss plan.  It works by the way and helps re-set your weight set point....but that is beside the point here.  I have a hunch that because it so effects the hypothalmous gland that it might....emphasis on the "might" just help me break this cycle....I felt good on the plan before...Its a 6 week plan...plenty of time to see if it helps....and I'll lose the extra 20 lbs I have on my body....It also ends up being a detox as the toxins are held in the bad fat....I'm sure just stress of the terrible clusters causes toxins I could get rid of too....I just hope I can stay on the limited calorie plan while I'm in cycle....I should be able to....I felt really good when I was on it before....We shall see....I think I am going to be able to start right after Independance day weekend...I'll keep you posted....

As for why the cycle broke 2 years in a row....go figure...God is good and I am just greatful for any and all pain free days and nights!

Karen

godsjoy777  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 2:42am

Quote:
hypothalmous gland

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

gland? Cheesy

all the best
the bb Wink

IP Logged

godsjoy777
CH.com Veteran

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 8:20am

hahaha....I know.....Thanks for your astute observation.

Grin   Grin  Grin

godsjoy777  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 11:49am

I could almost accept a gland disorder. Grin 
all the best with the treatment.
the bb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!