Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
used O2 for the 1st time (Read 2266 times)
McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

used O2 for the 1st time
Jun 18th, 2009 at 1:37am

To tell the truth i was not 100% sure about O2 working at all, I couldn´t believe that something so simple could do anything to kill this pain. at best i thought i would not get hit so hard or reduce the amount of hits.
well last night 01:15 got woke up with a visit from sharon. Like a lunatic i swiched all the lights on as i made my way franticallly to my O2 bottle. it was allready setup at 15 so just opened the valve and started playing space man in my room. the pain whent upto k7 and all the time im sucking away i was thinking this is stupid and i felt like an idiot. 5 minutes later i got the feeling that sharon couldn´t really get a hold on me and after 10 minutes she had gone. I mean gone, not a trace, nada, nothing. i sat in my living room after smiling like a cat that just got all the cream. I couldn´t believe what had just happened even the triptan didn´t work that quick (around 20 min).

Smiley Smiley Smiley
O2

Thank you all who push O2 and I would just like to say to all the newcomers to this place O2 works Oh and how it works

Mark (official astronaut/deep sea diver)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: used O2 for the 1st time
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 3:03am

Cool beans! I love it when I plan comes together.  Wink

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 3:43am

Of course it worked faster than triptan drops, drops need to be ingested in stomache then the product is gone to liver and then to blood circulation which is slower process, oxygen gets to lungs and then straight to blood circulation and it is way faster, oxygen binds to your red cells and does something to stop pain, probably send more oxygen to the expanding veins that cause pain, or how would oxygen work elsewhere?

IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 4:00am

Quote:
Of course it worked faster than triptan drops

never mentioned drops, i was given maxalt melt tabletts (dissolve on the tongue) effective in 15-20 min. I suffered some side effects (headaches!!!, red rash) i was supposed to take no more than 2 per day for 10 days. i was taking them upto 3 per day for 3 months. now there my emergency backup.

Now the only side effects is a dry mouth for wich i use water  Wink

mark
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2009 at 4:00am by McGee »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 6:33am

Yet another o2 success story Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:45am

I love reading stories like this. I am happy for you McGee.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:53pm

Glad to hear it!

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:42am

update on my application of O2.

1. works in less than 10 minutes
2. the beast doesn´t really seem to get a hold of me while im on O2
3. I only had 2 episodes where O2 didn´t work. the first time i forgot to change the bottle (couldn´t work then) second time (last night) the beast woke me at full force K8 the O2 kept banging the git back down but he had a hold so i hit him with maxalt and ice wich got his claws out of me.
4. i have a 2L bottle (easy to transport) and i can get refills in 24 hours upto 6 bottles at a time wich cost me 10 euros (around 10 dollars) 1 bottle is enough for 2 hits.

so far so good, for all the new guys and some of the old guys of course not forgetting the girly´s

get O2 its a miracle worker

mark

WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 1:26pm

I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll beat that beast down.
the bb

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 2:48pm

Mark,

Woo Hoo!!!  Another oxygen therapy success story...  I love it!

With astronaut and diver qualifications (Astronauts do it higher and divers do it deeper... Roll Eyes ), you've got to be up on aerospace/aviation and diving physiology...  Wait until you try oxygen therapy at flow rates that support hyperventilation...  ≥25 liters/minute.  A minute or two at that respiration rate and you'll push your system into respiratory alkalosis and that will cut your abort times in half...  

Check your PM.

Take care

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 7:19pm

Yes, I tend to be a bit zealous about O2, but I have to jump in behind Pete on this. I’ve been chronic for over 13 years and O2 “didn’t work for me” for many years.

Once I discovered hyperventilating with 100%  O2, my whole life changed. For me, that’s 45-60 lpm.

I know that many people report great success with low flow rates, but I see waaaay too many people reporting lousy results because of the standard 8-15 lpm flow. (Yes, I also know that it doesn’t work for a small fraction of real Clusterheads.

If anyone is serious about stopping the agony – don’t  tackle it halfway. I see people saying that they "would do anything" to get relief, but then they don't..........

IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 9:01am

just had a hell of a week behind me, averaging 2 hits a night then up for work at 04:15. sleep deprevation is a real scream, nothing like sitting on my balcony at 3 in the morning and trying to decide if i risk going back to bed or not  Cry  reminds me of my army days, didn´t have much choice then either. it´s the beast or my warrant officer screaming in my head lol. been using the O2 at 25 flow rate wich is working nicely just need to find a way to stop getting visited by the beast and the world will be rosey again  Cry

so night shift next week so i can fully expect a hit or two in work wich will be fun. found myself a nice corner in the toilet where i won´t be desturbed. just have to answer a few funny questions from the guys in work  Grin

thanks guys (and girls) keep your chin/chins up and remember life is like a box of chocolates. Full of Nuts  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Mark (biggest nut of them all)

WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 1:57pm

here is the latest update.

my new mask arrived this morning and im all excited thanks to Batch for the info you sent me i cant wait to give it a go (actually i can wait lol). also there is a conference just down the road in cologne next month wich i am going to attend thanks Gizmo i will hopefully see you there.

today is a good day, just need to win the lottery and my day will be complete.

mark (like a kid at christmas)

WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!