Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got My Script For A 25 LPM Regulator. (UPDATE) (Read 2085 times)
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Got My Script For A 25 LPM Regulator. (UPDATE)
Jun 17th, 2009 at 7:04am

It was not easy as my neuro was hesitant on scripting me anything higher than a 15 LPM reg. but thanks to the documentation sent to me by Batch and me convincing him that I know what I am doing he said ok Wink

I was his first CH patient to ask for o2 to abort CH's so I can see why he was hesitant on doing this. I told him I would keep him posted regularly on how I am making out with the higher flow rate. He has scripted o2 to a couple other of his CH patients after my success with o2 aborting my Ch's. so that is a very good thing. It is also so great to have a doc who is willing to listen and work with me on this.

I have a Clustermasx but have ordered the o2ptimask which just cleared customs and should have it in the next day or so.

Once again I want to thank Batch for all he did and I will pay forward for anyone one else I can help. Smiley

Barry
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2009 at 7:59pm by barry_sword »  

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Re: Got My Script For A 25 LPM Regulator..
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 9:04am

Great news Barry.  Love how this family works together.

Hugs
Carol

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 6:57pm

I wanted to wait to update this thread until I actually got the 25LPM regulators in my hands and here they are.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I have not used them yet as the Verapamil is keeping the beast away for now. I am actually tapering off and am still in high cycle. This is to help my neuro understand why the 25LPM is better than 15LPM for some people as he was hesitant on scripting me the higher flow.
I know the hits will start but I have the o2 and Imitrex inject kit if need be, but will only do this for a short period before I slowly ramp back up to my 480mg daily dose.

I also bought the o2ptimask and it is awesome. Here is a pic of my two regulators. One is for my portable "E" tank and home "M" tank and my new mask.

I just want to say I am not trying to be the "tough guy" just want to help my young neuro understand how well the o2 knocks this bastard down and want him "educated" for the next one that comes to him and has CH's, that's all.
I was helped so much by so many I am just paying forward.

Barry Smiley

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Got My Script For A 25 LPM Regulator. (UPDATE)
Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 8:25pm

Quote:
This is to help my neuro understand why the 25LPM is better than 15LPM for some people as he was hesitant on scripting me the higher flow.

Barry,

Noble cause, but does he really need to know immediately? Can't it wait until the next cycle? How many CH patients does the guy have?

Plus, is he going to be witnessing you aborting with O2? I guess I'm just not seeing the pressing need for you to suffer needlessly.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 8:52pm

Good point Brew. My neuro I think has about 5 CH patients(guessing) and I am the one telling him what I need to help control my CH's and with the o2 and Verapamil it is working! Smiley

I need to do this! I am ok. Wink

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 8:56pm

It's your head, dude.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:08pm

I did have a hard hit to the head by a fellow rider on Sunday but I am thinking clearly, I think! Cheesy

I thank you Bill. Smiley

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:13pm

I don't know that I could be as magnanimous. Cooperative, sure. But if it meant plunging myself back into agony....well, I just don't know.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:22pm

I know the o2 will knock the hits down within a few minutes, then as I taper back up on the Verap I will be hopefully back to some PF time. Just have to try this.

IP Logged

Jim Tew
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Delaware, Ohio
Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 7:07pm

I have that exact same Precision Regulator in CGA 540 and am very happy with it.

Quit smoking June 1, 2009
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 34.7 ng/mL 07/17/2013
jimtew jim.tew  
IP Logged

Jim Tew
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Delaware, Ohio
Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 7:09pm

I have that exact same Precision Regulator in CGA 540 and am very happy with it.

jimtew jim.tew  
IP Logged

Jim Tew
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Delaware, Ohio
Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 7:10pm

jimtew jim.tew  
IP Logged

Jim Tew
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Delaware, Ohio
Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 7:10pm

jimtew jim.tew  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #13 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 7:19pm

barry_sword wrote on Jul 7th, 2009 at 6:57pm:
...the Verapamil is keeping the beast away for now. I am actually tapering off and am still in high cycle. This is to help my neuro understand why the 25LPM is better than 15LPM for some people as he was hesitant on scripting me the higher flow...

I just want to say I am not trying to be the "tough guy" just want to help my young neuro understand how well the o2 knocks this bastard down and want him "educated" for the next one that comes to him and has CH's, that's all...

Barry,

You need to have your head examined! (j/k)  Wink

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:27pm

Feel good Barry!

I wonder if Jim Tew has that exact same Precision Regulator in CGA 540 and is very happy with it?  Wink

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!