Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taurine caffiene mix? (Read 774 times)
arcticspirals
CH.com Junior

Lebanon,OR
Taurine caffiene mix?
Jun 15th, 2009 at 3:24pm

Hello~ Been experimenting with Taurine Supplements, not having the same outcome (success) that I did with the Redbulls.. Not finding the orignal posts that led me onto Redbulls but thought maybe it was the lack of caffiene, tried that as well also in supplements (no doz) still not finding the right equation. 
Cost was the biggest reason I quit Redbulls, heart being second~ sad isn't it? I was wondering if anyone tried supplementing the taurine with success?  Right now the equation is 1000mg Taruine with 100 mg caffiene (200 tab split) have tried whole tab without success as well.
Orignally I started taking them with my herbal regimen~ morning and early evening. Tried waiting till cluster hit, then taking....ya they came right up.
Once again I played a lurker and feel guilty for posting so long since my last. My so called back in action was apparently too soon.  I tell ya, give a person enough pain and I feel like i need life management skills all over again. Besides the pain it causes, you miss out on a social life with this beasty friend.

arcticspirals or_ri or_ri@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Re: Taurine caffiene mix?
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 12:10am

Hi Arctic

I’m chronic & have been using Taurine since April 06 & got a little relief, noticeably regaining my short term memory.

Taurine on its own wont do much more than take a tiny bit of the edge off the hits & I found that it wont work the way the energy drinks do, it’s a long term thing combined with other supplements such as Magnesium/Calcium combo with Zinc thrown in every now & then.

It would appear that it takes a long time for these supplements to take effect, in my case around 6 months but with continued perseverance I am now sitting on 327 days without a serious hit, shadows are constant but you can live with them.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

arcticspirals
CH.com Junior

Lebanon,OR
Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 1:05am

Missing pieces of the puzzle, didn't factor in the minerals. Yes its ture, doesn't take everything away, but was allowed my trigger foods with small damage. Mostly half lifes as I call them.By the time you got yourself away from sight and hearing distance and tried to break out the 'get through kit' I would recover, only hitting k6 or so. From beginning to end was only 15 minutes. I would take that again for sure.
Started redbull few months ago, when I noticed this small change, I increased the amount to three a day~ cans that is. Made my heart go pitter patter but the full blowns were down, and half lifes..those are dealable.
Had hoped finding the right supplement combo would allow me those few trigger foods this summer, and the mosquito sprays been setting them off...ah well.
Thank you for your kind response, and self experience. I keep pluggin away at combos (over 10 years now) but I guess thats my way of dealing with it~ never saying its not curable.

arcticspirals or_ri or_ri@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 1:49am

I have not found caffeine or taurene to be effective as a preventative, but only as an abortive.  Perhaps I ahven't used enough regularly for it to do any good.  I do drink a lot of coffee, and that tends to keep the beast from getting to out of hand if I follow it with an energy drink when he shows his ugly head.  I have recently started using the 5Hr Energy bottles that I can purchas in a six pack at WalMart for about $11.  They don't tear up my stomach quite so badly as Red Bull or one of the others.  WalMart also carries "Rip It" in the deli section of the Super WalMarts usually for $1 a can.  Much less expensive than Red Bull or Monster.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!