Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Melatonin SR ? (Read 530 times)
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus

Simi Valley, CA, USA
Melatonin SR ?
Jun 11th, 2009 at 12:32am

I have been trying melatonin for about a week, 15 mg just before bed but the CH monster is still visiting about every 1-1/2 hours. O2 knocks it down fast but waking up every 1-1/2 hours is pissing me off.

I saw sustained release melatonin at the store yesterday and wonder if it might work any better?

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Melatonin SR ?
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 9:48am

Sounds like you have a couple of lame horses....

After your trials which are not helpful to you, ask your druggist if ergotamine, 1mg, SL tabs are available. (Taken one-hour before bed.) They are an old med which is effective to prevent night time attacks. But I just don't know if it's still available; supply has been erratic.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2009 at 9:49am by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!