Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
From the initial Indication of CH Attack to KIP 10 (Read 1938 times)
MikeS
CH.com Junior

x0||||||
From the initial Indication of CH Attack to KIP 10
Jun 6th, 2009 at 3:20pm

I would like to know How long it takes you to go from the initial Indication of CH Attack to KIP 10. Some 18+ years ago when my Ch attacks developed a definite frequency and pattern, the only way I was sure that an attack was starting, was when the pain behind my eye really started to hurt. When the pain was at this level (approx Kip 4) it only took another 4-5 minutes to reach its peak. Now that I can feel the more subtle effects ie pressure behind eye, drooping eyelid, slight energy boost/anxious feeling, it may take 1/2 hour before the pain becomes an issue. When the pain starts it still only takes a minute or 2 to be in full blown attack. (When not using helpful meds)
     I am curious if this is common with a lot of CH sufferers.
          As always Thanks for your input   MikeS

manicmechanic

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Re: From the initial Indication of CH Attack to KIP 10
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 3:39pm

For me usually 5-10 minutes between the first signs and the full blown attack.

Oliver

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 7:19pm

It varies for me although relatively speaking, I'm a slow builder. It will take over 20 minutes to reach full strength. That being said, if I don't get on the oxygen within the first few minutes it's much much harder to halt its progression.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Inventive_Mind
CH.com Junior

Ahhhhhh Better

Portland, OR
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 2:25am

Guiseppi wrote on Jun 6th, 2009 at 7:19pm:
It varies for me although relatively speaking, I'm a slow builder. It will take over 20 minutes to reach full strength. That being said, if I don't get on the oxygen within the first few minutes it's much much harder to halt its progression.

Joe

Same here If i do not hit the O2 immediately I'm in for the entire song, now on my bad attacks 9 and 10 I go through levels. I have noticed three distinct levels of increasing pain. Then it all come to a head and stops. Hope this helps you.

~James

There are no new ideas, just moments of divine clarity

IP Logged

Rob73
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Assuming it hits when I'm awake, I would say about 10-20 minutes into a (on average) 45 minute attack.  I beleive I've only gone as high as a Kip 9 though.

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 4:31am

Depends from how fast your veins expand and how fast your nerves will be iritated, for me I have constant shadows, and I could not tell when the pain comes, I usually thought attack can come any moment, though the big hits stopped I am having now constant 1-4 pain like in Hemicrania Continua.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 1:54am

Usually 10-15 mins.  Last night was the first full blown 10 I've had in months, but it was instant!  I thought i was having a phantom attack for about 15 mins, with all the presentations of CH, but no pain, then instantly 10.  Don't ever want to do that again!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 6:21am

5 minutes.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

AgentOrange
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:32pm

I GET A SLIGHT TENSION OR TINGLE BURNY TINGE FEELING IN THE BACK OF MY NECK, I GET WARM, AND I YAWN A LOT, 10 MINS LATER THE FLOOD WALL LETS GO AND THE WAVES CRASH

IN THOSE 10 MINS ITS THE BEST TIME TO TRY AND ABORT. O2, IMITREX, WHATEVER IS AT YOUR DISPOSAL

IP Logged

arcticspirals
CH.com Junior

Lebanon,OR
Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Well took me a few years to really see a pattern, if I obey the diet a  solid year, it can take me 20 mintues, but its no patterned scale from kip 1 to 10. Takes me 10 minutes about to get from warnings to kip 5, I seem to hover what I call 'tear break' and then rollercoaster I mean it strikes like lightening that won't fade. No pulsating anymore, no pressure pain just sheer pain.
But I am finding this harder to answer. My pain threshold for this particular monster hasn't increased, but decreased. By kip 8 I am not as competent at knowing where I am at on the scale, how much longer this has to last, and usually in a teary sweaty mass of arctic~ hopefully not vomit to go with. Kip 10, as I understand is just beyond that point. And I have blanks in memory afterwards, hubby tells me its about 20 minutes so that is what I am going off of.

arcticspirals or_ri or_ri@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 3:25am

mine build in about 5-10 minutes and last around 30-40 minutes 90% of the time is when i sleep around 1-2hrs after i go to sleep. got upto a couple of k9 last cycle. k7-8 has me rocking back and forth like my grandma on speed.

mark (sorry granny your not a drug addict  Embarrassed)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 2:20pm

It is never the same, but it's always quick.  Usually I'm sleeping and I dream about having a headache for a minute or two and my sunconcious tries to convince me to not deal with it and not bother waking up.  Then I realize what's going on, wake up and prepare.  By that time it's a matter of a couple of minutes.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 9:21pm

6-7 minutes.

That's why it is so important for me to use very flow rate O2. If I get to my rig in the first minute or two, I'm golden.

If I get stalled for 4-5 minutes, I'm in for a long ride. I have several tanks now, even a baby (10 minutes) tank in a small bag that looks like a video cam.

Life is good at 25+LPM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!