Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clomiphene Citrate (Read 1059 times)
alleyoop
CH.com Hall of Famer

Am I self-centered or
is it just me?

Hiawassee, GA USA
Clomiphene Citrate
Jun 5th, 2009 at 8:22pm

It kind of got lost in another thread (WHY don't we pay attention to this? - page 4), but with the total success that I am aware of, I thought it was worth repeating.

alley

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
alleyoop_49  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Clomiphene Citrate
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 8:18am

I found ONE citation in 2007 from Rozen on the topic and this one, 2008, has almost the same content. Which is to  say, a new approach which has not yet gained attention.
----------------

Headache. 2008 Feb;48(2):286-90. Epub 2007 Dec 7.
Clomiphene citrate for treatment refractory chronic cluster headache.

Rozen T.

Michigan Head Pain and Neurological Institute, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA.

A treatment refractory chronic cluster headache patient is presented who became cluster-free on clomiphene citrate. The author has previously reported a SUNCT patient responding to clomiphene citrate. Hypothalamic hormonal modulation therapy with clomiphene citrate may become a new preventive choice for trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias. The possible mechanism of action of clomiphene citrate for cluster headache prevention will be discussed.

Publication Types:
Review

PMID: 18070056 [PubMed]

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 8:45am

This is a fertility hormone treatment for females.  Was the patient cited male or female?  The abstract doesn't say.

Is the dosages for treatment of CH higher or lower than that for fertility treatment?

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

godsjoy777
CH.com Veteran

HIS name is above clusters

x0|Grand Prairie, TX|USA||0|0|
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 12:01am

This is interesting.  I am 3 weeks into my cycle and decided to try an hcg diet.  One of the main reasons is that it effects the hypothalmous and all I really need it to do is break my cycle.  I will also be losing some weight which is a great byproduct.  The Dr. I work for is not a Neuro but she is willing to try it on my asking.  It is very effective for weight loss and resetting your weight set point, ( though the FDA doesn't approve of it for this....but why would we listen to the FDA anymore anyway??? ) It is safe and effective for weight loss and helps men increase testosterone production.  I am soooooooooooo hoping for it to break my cycle.  I'll keep you all posted...

Love y'all....Hi to Nani, Eric, and all you guys I met in Dallas a few years back! Wink

Karen

godsjoy777  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!