Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 questions - Melatonin and Mushrooms (Read 1716 times)
dmaestro
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Stratford, CT
2 questions - Melatonin and Mushrooms
Jun 2nd, 2009 at 2:15am

Hi All,

This episode has been al most completely nocturnal.  This is the only time the time of day of the headaches hasn;t shifted weekly.  1am every night and it is really effecting my sleep, sometimes rebounds between 4-6am For melatonin, how many mg are effective, and obviuosly doesn't get rid of them, does it just shgift the beast into daytime hour routines.

For shrooms, how effective and how often to take to be effective?  What are some results from my fellow ch sufferers?

IP Logged

just-squiggles
Ex Member

Re: 2 questions - Melatonin and Mushrooms
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:17am

Melatonin,like almost every other drug,if given to 10 ppl,you may get 10 differant responses.

As for shrooms,all the info you could ask for can be found at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Truett
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Darlington, SC
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 7:20am

when this cycle started for me i was getting pounded at night. i would go to sleep, sleep for an hour or so, and then have a CH for the next 1.5 hours, sleep another hour, ch for next hour and a half, then one more time till i just gave up on sleeping.
I started taking the melatonin at 10 mg a night and it has actually pretty much knocked out the night time hits.  I take it nightly, it took a few days to get to working but it worked for me.

"Been there before, but not like this
Seen it before, but not like this
Never before have I ever
Seen it this bad "
shaggy17sc  
IP Logged

dmaestro
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Stratford, CT
Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 11:10pm

So do you just get them hits in the daytime instead now?

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 12:54am

I think melatonin does help to actually reduce the night time hits and not postpone them.  I take it with benadryl and it works rather well.

Right now I take 9mg of melatonin and 75mg of benadryl 45 mins before bed on an empty stomach.  I started out at 4.5mg of melatonin and it worked great.  I am just taking 9 right now because I've got heavy nighttime activity.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!