Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
An anlternative to abort attacks (Read 954 times)
che200
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

An anlternative to abort attacks
May 27th, 2009 at 2:28pm

Hi my name is Karl and i live in Malta. I have been lurking in these forums for the past 4 years and have had attacks for the past 6 years. I did all the standard tests and X-rays and they were all negative.

As i did not know what i had and my GP unfortunately did not about CH i was diagnosed with Severe Tension Headaches so i was put on anti inflammatory for a month and they did not work that was my first cycle, 8 months later i got another attack and i went for the tests which i wrote about before. To cut the story short i went to an ENT doctor who prescribed me 1st generation antihistimanes which were atarax 25mg and they aborted my attacks 1 whole month CH free. I used the same method for follow up attacks and then started reading about CH which led me here.
      Now i know that most of us Have been promised wonder drugs and cures for ages and as i refuse to go on steroids or anything which is heavy like zomig spray or pills or any other tripartans I always kept that ENT doctor as my backup to my neuro who wants to put me on the heavy stuff.

I have read a lot of posts in this great site and a lot about anti-histamines which very few people take by the looks of it. What i have learnt from various ways in these past  6 years and by helping another 4 Chers who i know is that with first generation antihistamines like benadryl , Atarax and polanamine u can have abort attacks for the whole cycle, only problem is it works only with certain Antihistamines not all of them. I would recommend to u all to try them to abort. U can Buy them off the shelf they are cheap and very effective if taken properly.
       I am not trying to push this solution to anybody so no jumping on me please. BTW i would leave benadryl last as it has some pretty nasty side effects but u will have to rotate them because your body gets used to them till know it has resulted in cycles without attacks except the first 2 Because i like to confirm before i start treatment. The pills have to be taken 2hours before min for them to work and then enjoy pain free CH cycles.

I apologise For a long first post hope i can help somebody here If u are from Malta contact me i will guide u to the right Docs, if u need an explanation how this treatment works or which pills work i will be more than happy to help.

Karl

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: An anlternative to abort attacks
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2009 at 3:47pm

I've seen a couple of people post similar results from anti histamines. It seems there is a small percentage of CHer's who benefit from this treatment.

Have you tried oxygen therapy yet? If you're opposed to the high horse power meds...and many people are!!!... oxygen provides a relatively natural treatment. It's quick, no side effects, and cheap! If you haven't looked into it, certainly worth reading the oxygen link on the left.

Glad you're getting relief, hoping it lasts for you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

che200
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: An anlternative to abort attacks
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2009 at 7:51am

Luckily for me it works but it also works on my friends who suffer from ch. Unfortunately can not use oxygen because I work in a Class A historical building and any form of fire hazard is prohibited and i smoke, so the local planning organisation would have a fit if i had an oxygen bottle with me. Down here oxygen bottles are given free by our local nhs and u can specify the mask u want.
                   I think that the problem with antihistamines is that most docs would prescribe newer generation anti histamines or ones which do not work with the hipotamus, benadryl the one most people write about on this board is the least effective of the 3 i mentioned and has the nastiest side effects of the 3 if taken for 5 weeks which is my cycle.
                   What i do i change AntHists each cycle so i do not become tolerant so i think i found a solution in my case to live with it and my friends. Btw i tried kudzu and oxygen.
                    I hope somebody else tries it out to see if it is that effective with the rest of people on this board.

Karl
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2009 at 8:00am by che200 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!