Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verapamil medication works different than before (Read 519 times)
pedropedro
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|schiedam|Netherlands||0|0|
Verapamil medication works different than before
May 19th, 2009 at 4:17pm

Hi, as many of the folks here I am back after 18 months. This is the usual time between my cycles.
What really is different this time is that I started taking Verapamil as soon as the first sign of any attack. I am taking 360mg per day and after 2 weeks it really started working well. The most diffifult side effect for me is being extremely tired sometimes (is that normal). This is also the first time I am on O2 which works great. But it is difficult when travelling for business.
In the beginning of this cycle I had some attacks slipping through but now they stay away completely which also kind of worries me. Maybe this is not my normal cycle and just a mild one in between.
Did anybody have that same experience, I always had severe attacks despite of my medicine but this time not...

Hope anyone has some views.

Thnx for the help and really appreciate the guys and gals running the site and board !!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Verapamil medication works different than before
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2009 at 5:29pm

Understand travel and cluster headaches...  Europe has lots of backpack O2 systems for ground travel... If you're flying, the triptan nasal spray is a reasonable abortive... 

Most of the time, oxygen therapy will work very effectively if used at flow rates that support hyperventilation at the first sign of a pending attack. 

Oxygen therapy is not a preventative.  Having said that, if you use high flow rate oxygen therapy at every opportunity on anything even resembling a shadow to a heavy hitter, you'll find the frequency and intensity of your attacks will start dropping around week 3 to 4.

It's called vascular toning...  It's a very real reaction to continued use of oxygen therapy.  Give it a try.   If you've got questions, please shoot me a PM or email.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!