Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nerve Damage (Read 763 times)
FrankWyo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Nerve Damage
May 19th, 2009 at 9:24am

I had a horendous series last light, with one event being the absolute worst I have experienced. But what is troubling me now is the after effect I experienced. the left side of my head, fromthe top on down to my lower jaw bone was numb. I mean really numb, numb as in nothing I have felt after seeing the dentist. I am needind to know if any one else has had this happen and also if the have been any studies on the effects the cluster headache has on the affected nerves.
Anyone have some info please let me know. Shocked

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: Nerve Damage
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2009 at 12:30pm

Hi Frank,

This represents a change in your normal routine.  Get thee to a Dr and have it looked at.  Let the Dr tell you it's nothing to worry about.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2009 at 8:39pm

Frank,

Dennis is of course correct about seeing your Doc if things change.

I will add that: Yes, the top/side of my head is numb after a true K9-10 but mine stops just below my ear even though my upper jaw is very much a part of the pain during a hit. Generally the numbness fades away after about 2-3 hours for me.

Now I've almost forgotten that feeling since I learned to use high flow O2 - no more of the huge monster hits these days. 

As a side note - Zomig nasal spray suddenly kicks ass for me when I use O2 while I'm waiting for it to kick in - didn't work well at all before.

Most of the time, HIGH FLOW O2 alone works wonders. If it feels like a real killer, I use a spray and hit the O2 jug again - presto!

Marc
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2009 at 8:44pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Dr.mike
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

England
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2009 at 12:34pm

Did you bang or strike your head???? Sometimes in the throes of the beast we do unintentional damage.

How long did the numbness persist?

Please see your Doc immediatley. Sometimes there is numbness of varying degrees as an after effect, I do get the full facial numbness you describe, but it wears off quite quickley. Pity it dosent stop the pain though.

Sorry about the spelling, the checkers stopped working.
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!