Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So this is whats wrong with us? (Read 2548 times)
Dr.mike
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

England
So this is whats wrong with us?
May 16th, 2009 at 1:16pm

Has anyone else had this.

As part of my awareness campaign, I distribute literature about CH to the public..The more people who are aware the better right; Also there are a lot of undiagnosed sufferers out there....

I handed a leaflet to a man who took it to his pastor.(African charasmatic Christian Church). The Pastor came into my office and accused me of being Demon possessed, he told me that Satan was filling my head with rubbish about this being a medical condition and I must stop doing the Devils work and let him perform an exorcism on me.

I am ashamed to say that I thumped him quite hard (bloody nose & black eye) before throwing him out.

It has crossed my mind that they used to burn us in the old days, I find the ignorance of my fellow man harder to comprehend than CH.

Anyone had a similar experience, and has anyone actually tried an exorcism?

The closest I have come is that my Dad took me to see an old 'mountain woman' in the Jamaican hills, she did the old  'remove pieces of glass and rusty nails  from my head' trick. I only did this to make my old man feel better, because my condition is killing him with worry and he will try anything to cure me.
Mike

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: So this is whats wrong with us?
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2009 at 1:34pm

Quote:
I am ashamed to say that I thumped him quite hard (bloody nose & black eye) before throwing him out.

Yeah, you might want to rethink that before the next time you're in that situation.

I know what's wrong with ME - I am a human being, subject to aches, pains, ills, and ultimately death.

Welcome the good Pastor to the club for me.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2009 at 1:48pm

Possessed....y'know...that would explain a lot of my life.....hmmmmmm.. Roll Eyes

Joe.....who discounts nothing!!!!

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2009 at 4:11pm

Quote:
The Pastor came into my office and accused me of being Demon possessed, he told me that Satan was filling my head with rubbish about this being a medical condition and I must stop doing the Devils work and let him perform an exorcism on me.

Quote:

ye that was a bit bad. you should have offered to exorcise the pain away from his nose and eye as the devil can transfer himself from person to person. Send him to me one look into my eyes and he will be chanting, ranting and praying all the way home  Smiley

mark (Mr lived)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2009 at 8:03pm

Ah Mike no need to be strikin blows to one who is so ignorant of what be ailin you.

What you know is what you know.

Exorcized! Just bullshit.

A father's love knows no bounds. Be thankfull you still have him with you.

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2009 at 3:25pm

It's not ignorance.It's business of selling hope and u did well with him.

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2009 at 4:01pm

black wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 3:25pm:
...u did well with him.

Punching him in the nose?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #7 - May 18th, 2009 at 6:21pm

throwing him out.

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #8 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:32am

Quote:
It has crossed my mind that they used to burn us in the old days

Before the advent of modern medicine and the relatively new use of O2 and imitrex, that would have been a relief!!!!! Grin

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Kristoffer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Athens, GA
Reply #9 - May 21st, 2009 at 2:24pm

There have been a few times where I have actually thought I was in fact demon possessed! I am sure if someone saw me banging my head, yelling, cussing and pacing they would think the same.

I gotta say that when I get a CH if someone came to my door and offered an exorcism I would gladly let them in and tell them to get to work on it.  Now if I was not having one I would look at them like they were crazy!

WWW 1151490776 chrisnine11  
IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #10 - May 21st, 2009 at 5:55pm

Hmm ... if you are trying to educate the public, and you are giving out black eyes, maybe your approach needs to be re-examined. 

Obviously, the guy was a nut. If I was having an attack and he was in my face, then maybe I would have gotten vigorous with him.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2009 at 2:29am

If I would have been in the given situation, such as the one you are
describing, and providing I would have reacted the way you did.....
I most likely would not have posted it on any board, for every one to
know that I can not control my reactions.......
but that is the way I think...... and do things......

As to the given situation.....  how often, many, if not all of us have been
in a similar situation, and had to try and explain our malady again and
again, with, to often, not very much success.... and had been accused
of things that are insulting, and degrading..... such as, drug abuse, or
just simply imagining the pain....... I love this one.... there is no way a
head can hurt that badly...... and the list is very long........

But use violence as an answer......  well, you have validated the “stigma”
that was put on us by the TV series Dr. House......
and that is not very productive..........

Violence will not, even if the person across you is ignorant, or pretending
to know the answer, but still an ignorant, or just “simple” person that dose not
grasp our situation, make them understand!

To satisfy my frustrations, at similar situation, I channel all my anger into trying
to give a better explanation about our malady, to convey in a better way what
and how I feel.........

Michael

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2009 at 8:32am

Hey Doc,

If i had a nickel.....

Coach Bill.

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Dr.mike
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

England
Reply #13 - May 29th, 2009 at 2:49pm

Michael.
I am not a saint, nor would I pretend to be. I am a normal human being with the emotions and instincts that go with our species.
As to controlling my emotions, that would mean sitting quietly during my kip 10 and not letting the world see my uncontrollable reaction to pain.

I was confronted by a rude aggressive individual who forced his way into my office, then started screaming in my face whilst spraying me with his foul spittle, it is not so much what he said, it was his method of delivery.
No justification here, I wouldn’t even try to justify my actions, I did what I did because I lost control for a few moments. Yes I would have rather not have struck him as I know that in some way it was quite demeaning [to me], but boy did it feel good (we are so much closer to our animal cousins than we like to believe). I did not thump him in a misguided effort to make him understand, I thumped him because he was a S.O.B screaming crap into my face. I suggest you do a little research on what these ‘churches’ are up to in the UK and you will see that there is no possible argument with people of this mans ilk.

I do not understand why I should not post this experience on the board, {being a clusterhead does not make me superhuman, or put me on a higher moral level than my non CH peers}, It exposes me as a normal Joe with the same feelings and reactions as anyone else.
I admire the fact that in such an adverse situation you feel that you could control your reaction, but you share so much of your life with us already why would you not share such an experience with us?
Remember that to err is human.
By the way I have never watched House,please let me know which episode is about CH and I will have a look
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!