Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Predinose and O2 (Read 813 times)
zmattmanz
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|High Point|USA||0|0|NC,North_Carolina
Predinose and O2
May 15th, 2009 at 10:58pm

I just ended and Pred. taper and my headaches are back again -- once a day at 1:00AM.  Anyone know if I can directly start another round again?  I really really hate too since they make me crazy.  I'm on 100 MG of Toprol XL but it doesn't seem to be working (but then Verapamil didn't work well either).

Also, I called Advanced Home Care today to get my O2 filled and they wanted $150 dollars for set up and said that most insurance companies do not pay for O2 for cluster headaches -- when I know I've gotten O2 scripts filled and paid for by insurance in the past.  $150 seems high for an E tank..

Matt

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Predinose and O2
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2009 at 11:20pm

That's outrageously high...when I was paying out of pocket it was $3-$4 a month to rent each E-Tank, $11-$13 each refill.

On the prednisone, work with your doc. Most use the prednisone as a transitional medication while they wait for their preventative to reach therapeudic levels, verapamil, topomax, lithium, etc. What dose of verapamil were you on and how long were you on it? It can take 2 weeks to really get up to speed, hate to see you give up on it too soon.

Joe

joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

zmattmanz
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|High Point|USA||0|0|NC,North_Carolina
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2009 at 11:56am

Verapamil was ER 180MG twice a day.  It never seemed very effective and I am having exceptionally bad shadows and headaches with the Metoprol now

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2009 at 12:24pm

For what it's worth that's a fairly low dose of verap. Some go as high as 960 a day to get relief. But that HAS to be closely monitored by a doctor.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!