Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just wondering if anyone else.... (Read 1662 times)
hawksayer@yahoo.com
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Just wondering if anyone else....
May 7th, 2009 at 8:22pm

Has been given Nalbuphine by their doctor...
I have been dealing with the devil since I was 16... I am now 41... they are worse and not better.
Three years ago my doctor put me on nalbuphine injections... well... most of the time they work.  Mine have become acute and of course with that an everyday thing for me...
Anyone else out there tried it... does it work for you... it works about 90 % of the time... the other 10% however is hell and I am in and out of the shower... and they last the usual four hours or so... god what I would give to be one of those that they go away at the age of 40.  I have one last night folks that was so intense that it burst the blood vessels in my eye and my eye was bleeding when my wife came into check on me... ER's are a joke... they think you are a drug seeker and you wait forever around here for treatment...
Does anyone have anything new... I have run the list through out my time on all of the meds... anyone found the miracle cure yet...
Grin

IP Logged

Val_
CH.com Sponsor

There is nothing permanent
except change.

Bay Area, CA
Re: Just wondering if anyone else....
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2009 at 9:45am

Hi hawk,

welcome!  

thought I'd give a try at answering your q' - Quote:
Has been given Nalbuphine by their doctor...

I think you will find most people stay away from opiods and other narcotics around here!!!  They do little-nothing for CH for most people, and only cause rebound headaches in the end if you can manage them a bit.  It is a dangerous game to play as far as dependency as well.  I had someone close to me addicted to something similar.  Not fun to watch - or to recover from.

I don't think that anyone here would claim they've got the cure, but many swear by Oxygen as an abortive - including myself!  Have you tried it? Read up, the link is on the left.  

What preventatives have you tried? What abortives? With more info, I'm sure people will be happy to comment more and assist!   Wink

Hope this helps Cool

Val

val2651  
IP Logged

TedtheBear
CH.com Junior

Palmdale, CA
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2009 at 10:44am

Val_ wrote on May 9th, 2009 at 9:45am:
I don't think that anyone here would claim they've got the cure, but many swear by Oxygen as an abortive - including myself!  Have you tried it? Read up, the link is on the left.

Yup, O2!! It won't retire the Beast, but it'll pin him to the mat nearly every time (for me - it's every time).

Don't just aim high, hit the target!

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2009 at 12:13pm

o2 has not failed me yet as an abortive. Kicks his ass to the curb in minutes. Wink

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2009 at 12:32pm

Hey Hawk,

You'll get the same or better success rate aborting your cluster headache attacks with oxygen therapy at flow rates that support hyperventilation without being doped up on a synthetic opioid or risk becoming dependent.  Detox is a bummer...

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2009 at 1:15pm

O2 rocks.

Potter

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #6 - May 9th, 2009 at 2:37pm

Nalbuphine hydrochloride

Rx only

DESCRIPTION
NUBAIN (nalbuphine hydrochloride) is a synthetic opioid agonist-antagonist analgesic
of the phenanthrene series. It is chemically related to both the widely used opioid
antagonist, naloxone, and the potent opioid analgesic, oxymorphone. Chemically
nalbuphine hydrochloride is 17-(cyclobutylmethyl)-4,5α-epoxymorphinan-3,6α,14-triol
hydrochloride. Nalbuphine hydrochloride molecular weight is 393.91 and is soluble in
H2O (35.5 mg/mL @ 25ºC) and ethanol (0.8%); insoluble in CHCl3 and ether.
Nalbuphine hydrochloride has pKa values of 8.71 and 9.96. The molecular formula is
C21H27NO4 • HCl.

Link to the FDA data:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As this is a very potent DRUG and an opiate, I would say, hand off , and I would like to direct you to a post on CH.com called “Dancing With The Devil" By Svenn, our Mad Viking, Link:

I also have not manage to find any relevant indication (on the net) that this drug is intended for a long term use, or for the use as an abortive for CH

I would as my “comrades” above have recommended “O2 CAN DO” it is safer, better!
simple to use, effective, and most likely non addictive......and less adverse effect, if at all!!!

I love my LifeGas O2PTImask, see info:

and I love my O2 tank......

Michael

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - May 9th, 2009 at 5:46pm

Yeah have never tried that med......but at the risk of sounding like an echo... Grin...do give oxygen a try. 31 years of dancing with the beast.....I'm 49, male, episodic, I can beat him down in 6-8 minutes using oxygen. No side effects, cheap, effective........would strongly suggest you give it a shot.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #8 - May 9th, 2009 at 7:18pm

o2 it's the way to go!

Iddy Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Lottie
CH.com Veteran

Reply #9 - May 10th, 2009 at 7:07am

Definitely try O2 if you haven't already, and if you have, try again. And maybe try and get your prescription changed in one for Imitrex jabs or nasal spray. In the cases O2 fails to chase away the Beast, the Imitrex will (for me anyway).

CH is bad enough on its own, you don't need a bad addiction to deal with to make things worse.

The best of luck, PFDAN, and please keep us posted.

Lottie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!