Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Comparable strength to steriod Experiment started! (Read 1681 times)
cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Comparable strength to steriod Experiment started!
May 6th, 2009 at 11:26am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Curcuminoids inhibit enzymes which participate in the synthesis of inflammatory substances in the body. The natural anti-inflammatory activity of curcuminoids is comparable in strength to steroidal drugs, and such nonsteroidal drugs as indomethacin and phenylbutazone, which have dangerous side effects.
Curcumin has a similar action to aspirin. However, unlike aspirin curcumin inhibits synthesis of inflammatory prostaglandins, but does not affect the synthesis of prostacyclin, an important factor in preventing vascular thrombosis. Any drug that affects its synthesis (especially when used in large doses) may increase the risk of this dangerous condition. Curcumin may therefore be preferable for patients who are prone to vascular thrombosis and require anti-inflammatory and/or anti-arthritic therapy.

Ordered and purchased 1 kilo 95% pure curcumin. Curcumin is the main component in Tumeric.

Dosage 14.29G curcumin must be dissolved in a fat in order to be absorbed at the theraputic dose. Heated 1/2 cup coconut milk which contains the good fat and will not go rancid when heated. Dissolved curcumin in coconut milk.

Instant relief, inflammation in neck and temple gone. I noticed other benefits. Arthritic pain in hips ceased immediately.
Last night I actually think I hit REM without a CH. I finally woke up refreshed and not groggy like usual.

WARNING! If you are on any kind of medication at all you cannot try this. Curcumin will enhance the effects of any drug you are taking. Very dangerous. You would have to come off of any drugs or herbs in order to take curcumin.

If anyone is listening please reply I would like some feedback.

The real test will be tonight because my hits during this episode are night hits and coming every other night. Tonight I am due for an attack.

I will try the same protocol tonight and hopefully will see some results.

Another note curcumin also removes amyloid protein plaques
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2009 at 4:08pm by cassie »  

The best way to predict your future, is to create it.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: Comparable strength to steriod Experiment started!
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2009 at 12:20pm

I will let you know.  I AM going to get some, and try it out ...

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2009 at 4:15pm

Let me know if it helps. If it does, I may apply for funding to do an undergraduate study on it.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2009 at 8:43pm

curcumin

There are several studies online about curcumin’s low bioavailability, which means that most of what we swallow goes directly into our gastrointestinal area and is expelled. Very little remains in the bloodstream about an hour or so after ingestion.

piperine

if one is using a drug for which the therapeutic level is not substantially lower than the toxic level, piperine supplementation might raise the bioavailability of the drug until its intracellular concentration exceeds the toxic threshold. On the other hand, piperine supplementation can sometimes turn a marginally effective therapeutic substance into a highly effective one simply by increasing its bioavailability and intracellular residency time. A good example of this latter phenomenon is the use of piperine to increase the bioavailability of curcumin, a supplement with broad activity against cancers, inflammation and infections. A 20 mg dose of piperine can increase curcumin’s bioavailability twentyfold.

I just cut and pasted this here as I thought it may be relevant to your  post...!

Lefty...!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2009 at 9:09pm

Hello Lefty,

This curcumin was bought pure 95% curcumin in form. This is not from the pills you buy in the store they add that piperine to try and make it bio available.

If you dissolve the curcumin in FAT your body does absorb it many times more than popping that pill with the ridiculous dangerous additive.

Supplement suppliers want to sell you there product with the additives in it and try to claim it is super bio available.

If there is anyone in here that knows there science and chemistry then they can verify that if dissolved in FAT it will be highly absorbed by the body.

If you want things to get into your lymphatic system take it with FAT PROTIEN.

Someone mentioned that people in India get CH and they eat tons of curry turmeric. Curcumin is the beneficial component super concentrated. You would have to eat tons of curry and turmeric to get this concentrated amount.

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2009 at 9:19pm

PS

If anyone wants the supplier info I purchased from they are out of California, just send me a pm for the info.

Cassie

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #6 - May 6th, 2009 at 11:08pm

Good to hear - I had written about curcumin before and suspected it might help - not only on par with steroids in some respects, but also blocks certain pathways like PKC in a way similar to lithium (I think, will have to dig up my notes).

Piperine is not a dangerous additive - it is the pungent principle in black pepper. Use the coconut oil extraction method with pepper to make a good curry - it will be far more yellow than anything they eat in India, with lots more curcumin. Consider coriander and cumin to round out the flavors. 

Was going to try curcumin, was in remission for a while, and then used kudzu/melatonin/magnesium this spring when in a strange cycle. 

Here's a search showing the older posts, for some reason, not all come up when clicking on the google link, but I recognize several of these.  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2009 at 11:11pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #7 - May 7th, 2009 at 12:38am

Thanks Monty.

I personally would not take any additives with the curcumin.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2009 at 11:48am

Well, simply taking a larger dose of curcumin can have the same effect as taking it with something like bioperine/pepper, which increases the measured levels in the body.  Seems like your bag is big enough so that you don't have to worry about it.

That's not my bag, baby! Smiley

Heat also increases the solubility of curcumin ... not sure what temperatures they used, or how long, or if it would work with the traditional curry prep method (fry spices in small amount of oil for one minute at high heat, then add coconut milk).  Coconut milk is fatty, but has lots of water, and probably doesn't get much hotter than 212/100.  On the other hand, the traditional curry method can take it up to 400 degrees F or higher.  Not sure if the heat treatment below involves exposure to oxygen or not, or if it would be better to use a dry pan to fry the curcumin to activate it.  

Quote:
Curcumin's full pharmacological potential is limited owing to its extremely limited water solubility. We report here that the water solubility of curcumin could be increased from 0.6 microg/ml to 7.4 microg/ml (12-fold increase) by the use of heat.

From: Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2007 Aug;5(4):567-76. Improving the solubility and pharmacological efficacy of curcumin by heat treatment. Kurien BT, Singh A, Matsumoto H, Scofield RH.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2009 at 11:55am by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #9 - May 14th, 2009 at 10:42am

I have not had a CH since Saturday evening, that is 4 days.  I have only taken one large dose of 14 grams and two small doses at 4 grams. Hard to believe but seems the episode is done!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!