Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aspirin C for shadowing? (Read 1969 times)
MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Aspirin C for shadowing?
May 6th, 2009 at 8:26am

Does anybody have positive/negative experience with it?

Can it cause headache or rather remove constant shadowing (pressure/tingling sensation on my CH side) I have almost whole day?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Aspirin C for shadowing?
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2009 at 11:03am

Is aspirin C different from just regular aspirin? We have to be careful with overuse of any of the OTC's as they are harsh on the internal organs, and there is always the risk of rebound headaches from over use.

I know some have had success using excederin PM to get through the night but again it's something you'd want to use on occasion, not as a daily regimen.

Have you tried using energy drinks for the shadows? Or really strong coffee? Others have posted success using those for the shadows. I'm not sure shadows is a strong enough word cuz I know how bad they can drag you down, really suck the sap right outta you. Sad

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2009 at 11:59am

Aye I tried, but nothing seemed to work, one day the pressure is bearable or none, other day pressure on CH side is as strong as one would expect full blow attack in a second.

I tried today 3 red bulls + Coffee, and I am still having shadows, just wonder what are these shadows, small painless CH or some irritation, or just disorder of veins, since it feels like if I the weather was bad, just problem is, it is located on CH side of head in area of temple, eyebrow, eye socket, nose.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Can't answer the "what they are" question but a large percentage of us get them. Everyone describes them a little differently, I call em a CH where the beast can't quiet get his claws set in my brain...all the symptoms are there, but it never goes full blown, and yeah, they drain you. Personally I think it's all the same mechanism as CH, for whatever reason it just never takes off.

I use oral cafergot along with my oxygen and can usually blow them away with that combo. Cafergot is on old school med I first tried in the early 80's. It fell out ot favor because it takes too long to get into your system, by the time it got absorbed into your body, the CH was usually at full strength. I use it now in combo with oxygen, oxygen beats the CH down, cafergot buys me up to 12 hours pain free time. Might be worth talking to the doc about.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2009 at 1:32pm

Oxygen at flow rates that support hyperventilation works best and faster on shadows than anything.

If you're going to take asprin, you might want to read the info at the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2009 at 1:43pm

I've read that a few people have had success with 4 WAY nasal spray.  It unclogged my nasal passage  and took away some of the pressure in my cheek but, it didn't do much for the eye watering and pressure.   

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #6 - May 6th, 2009 at 5:45pm

Guiseppi wrote on May 6th, 2009 at 12:09pm:
Can't answer the "what they are"

Must be then because I am Polish...

*joke*

And thank you all for answers in thread, but please I encourage more to put their input on dealing with shadows!

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #7 - May 11th, 2009 at 4:38am

Matty, I broke my constant shadowing after my spring/early summer cycle 2008, with dosing twice on mushrooms. If you might be interested in this treatment, or other psycho actives (such as seeds), may I suggest the clusterbusters website.

Greetings, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - May 11th, 2009 at 11:43am

What is Aspirin C?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #9 - May 11th, 2009 at 2:33pm

Bayer makes an "aspirin plus C", aspirin and vitamin C.

I used to take aspirin for shadows until I started barfing blood.  Really not an enjoyable experience.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #10 - May 11th, 2009 at 4:46pm

Tried it already didn't help, neither ibuprom/coffee/o2/redbull nothing works for shadows. and I have them 24h per day, fucking hope halucinogens will work... or fucking occipital nerve block, I am tired of this shit.

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #11 - May 11th, 2009 at 8:45pm

If you have not already taken Prednisolone I would definitely try a course. I used 60mg for one week and then reduced by 10mg every 4 days till until I finished. This course was taken at the start of my cycle when i was taking large hits.

For breaking up shadows maybe you can lower the dose and do a similar taper until finish.This taper of steroids may be enough to break up your shadows and even see you through to the other side of your cycle. And before you ask, once i personally take Prednisolone I feel nothing....
Not Even a Shadow
..... Smiley I will tell you though once i taper down my hits return, but if you are experiencing shadows then maybe this will be enough to give you the relief you seek....

Lefty....!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!