Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
25LPM regulator in Australia for E size oxygen (Read 1154 times)
Growly
CH.com Newbie

I <3 Espresso and Wife
in no particular order
:D

Sydney, Australia
25LPM regulator in Australia for E size oxygen
May 4th, 2009 at 8:40am

Does anyone know where I'd get one? I'm not on Medicare (don't ask Sad) and happy to buy one from overseas, whatever they cost, but the screw-in regulator seems to be much different to the US/eBay versions.

I gave up trying to "limit my oxy use to times i needed it" and just got 2 E tanks and 3 portable D tanks per delivery (hoping to use the D's to get out more), then found that the 25LPM regulator on the portable tanks gave me the best abort i've ever had (combined with my spinking-new o2ptmask or whatever it's called). However, 6 hits is...2 days of use, and I can't swap out 3 D tanks every 2 days! :/. $300/month delivery + $300/storage = no.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

thanks,

John

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: 25LPM regulator in Australia for E size oxygen
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2009 at 5:47pm

Growly,

I've got a source for the regulator you want and they will make sure it fits your E size oxygen cylinders there in Australia.  Check your PM for the contact data...

FYI, In looking up the Australian standard for the E size oxygen cylinder valves I came across the following:
Medical Gas Cylinders - Changes

Document Number IB2009_008
Publication date 03-Mar-2009
Functional Sub group Clinical/ Patient Services - Critical care

Clinical/ Patient Services - Nursing and Midwifery
Clinical/ Patient Services - Medical Treatment

Summary:  Amendment to Australian Standard AS2473.3 will result in changes to medical gas cylinders. All medical gas cylinders will be coloured white, with the colour of the cylinder shoulder indicating the type of gas. Also, the valve outlet on larger medical oxygen cylinders (sizes D, E, G and bundles/packs) will change to the same pin-indexed system already in use for smaller medical oxygen cylinders (eg size C).

The transition period is six months commencing in February 2011. The change will require the timely installation of new regulators and manifolds in Health facilities during the changeover period to enable use of the new pin indexed cylinders.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: 25LPM regulator in Australia for E size oxygen
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2009 at 7:04pm

Try this link as well.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It was put together by a WestrAlien but it's still worth a look.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!