Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Topamax and Sex (Read 1020 times)
TomM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Montgomery Village, MD, USA
Topamax and Sex
May 1st, 2009 at 1:10pm

Yes, I am serious. I know I talked about this before but can not find the thread where it was dicussed. I beleive PollyPocket and I discussed this in detail but for the life of me I can not recall.
I am interested in perspectives from both sexes regarding sexual performance, drive, or other while on Topamax. I started my regeim of Topamax and can not recall [go figure] what I went through last time.
Any comments are welcome and if you prefer e-mail me @ Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Thanks.
TomM

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing." --Thoreau--
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id  
IP Logged

Blondie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Arkansas
Re: Topamax and Sex
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2009 at 10:12pm

Being new to CH.com (and the 1000's of threads to read) and Topamax I would be interested in knowing as well, that way I can warn my poor husband of any side affects good or bad...

christitrammell  
IP Logged

Val_
CH.com Sponsor

There is nothing permanent
except change.

Bay Area, CA
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2009 at 12:14pm

I for one did not have Any side effects related on Topamax, good or bad - life as normal here.  Wink  I wrote up my list of side effects, and they were all easier to live with than had I experienced any sexual side effects (bad anyway) - even the cognit - what was I saying -  Grin j/k
Just my experience, but I hope this helps.  Here are over 1000 people's reviews stating what they are taking it for and side effects... some mention sexual side effects.  Some sites say that the numbers are around 2-3% chance of having decreased sex drive & premature ejaculation when taking Topamax for HAs, and that impotence or ED only usu apply for those taking the drug for seizures.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Val  

val2651  
IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2009 at 5:55pm

I detest Topamax. It does not work for me but I have multiple problems (trigeminal neuralgia, cluster headaches, ect ect) and the stupid stuff makes me stupid and I am still in pain. And as for sex, who wants that when your head hurts all the time? Not me thats for sure.
Sophia

IP Logged

queenofpain
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Bend, Oregon
Re: pain and pleasure
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2009 at 5:10am

I have always been a pain and pleasure nut, but this is too f-in weird.  After the pain I want food (pleasure) and sex is a great distraction also.  I know it is hard to think about ,but it has helped me temporarily forget the pain.  My husband knows not to ask but I often invite him so I have some pleasure in my life. (obviously not during an attack by the beast!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!