Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
sittin here enjoying my shrooms (Read 4229 times)
chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
sittin here enjoying my shrooms
Apr 28th, 2009 at 3:26pm

hey everyone,
I took my first dose of shrooms ever about 45 minutes ago.  I made sure that things would be nice and quiet beforehand, and now i am just enjoying the way I feel.  Kind of dosey, like i need a nap or something(but we all know what a mistake that would be)    I feel like there is nothing in my head at all.  Like the son of a bitch took a hike for a while..  Its great.  I hope the feeling lasts, and I wish I could do these everyday.    I was scared to take them, but now I see that there was nothing to worry about.  Believe me, a dose of trex into yourm feels much much worse.
just wanted to touch base with  everyone and thank them for their support. WOW THE COLORS DO LOOK BRIGHT.

chrisw

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Re: sittin here enjoying my shrooms
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 8:44pm

chrisw wrote on Apr 28th, 2009 at 3:26pm:
WOW THE COLORS DO LOOK BRIGHT.

Are you sure you haven't taken to much...! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lefty...!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:44pm

No I didnt take too much, in fact I dont thinkI took enough.  I felt a little weird for a while, maybe an hour or so,  but then I just felt regular.   I need to redose though in a few days because I have had 2HA since then and I feel another one brewing.   Obviously not the results I had prayed for. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:51pm

Results can take a week or more. Or so I've heard.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 11:23pm

Hang in there and give it some time. Do what you can to stop the attacks that come after the dose...(short of the triptans etc)...treat with 02 asap, ginger tea...etc etc.
You may find some hits begin and fade away before they really get started. If you have a rough couple days, don't assume that it hasn't helped. You won't know much about the affects of this dose until later in the week.

best of luck,
Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 6:28am

Hang in there, Chris.  It takes more than a dose for some.  We've had to do several but are now seeing GREAT results.

Like Pinkfloyd says, try to avoid the triptans.  Blake only uses 02, energy drinks, coffee or tea.

Good luck....

Jackie

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 4:21pm

Jackie wrote on Apr 29th, 2009 at 6:28am:
Hang in there, Chris.  It takes more than a dose for some.  We've had to do several but are now seeing GREAT results.

Like Pinkfloyd says, try to avoid the triptans.  Blake only uses 02, energy drinks, coffee or tea.

Good luck....

Jackie

thats what i did and had great success. it took about 5 days before i noticed a change. 2 and half weeks an i was pf.

good luck chris and keep us posted Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 6:11pm

Hi Chris....My name is Linda and I Know that you're having a hard time.  Please don't be discouraged!  I take it that you are episodic so this latest increase in hits may very well be the beasts swan song.   Very often the hits get worse just before they're gone.   By very often I mean many, many episodics get that surge in hits.

"this too will pass"  If you want to talk, my number is (530) 224-9515 You can call me anytime you want.  I'm always available and around here you are never alone.  Please don't forget that o.k.?

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 8:13pm

Hang on tight chris.  Were all here with you.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 9:46pm

You guys are the best.  I think the crisis has been diverted for now, but man this is hard.  In almost 20 yrs of CH, never had so many hits before.
Thanks for your support and I will keep posting
chris Kiss

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #10 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:11am

Hang in there....you know you can call any time....don't hesitate.

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 7:25am

Im back,  its 7am on day 2 after the shrooms and I have to say that I quit.  I dont think I can do this anymore.  I have to go back on my verap and maybe even a round of pred,  I am definately not strong enough to avoid the temptation of the needle sitting right there.

last night was pretty bad but i was doing well with just the O2 and ice, until I got hit with a holy shit, hail mary, on my knees level 10 at about 6am this morning. 

I think clusterbusting is going to have to wait and be a preventative in between cycles.
thanks everyone
chrisw Sad

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 9:19am

How comes some medications work for some and others are immune to everyting?

Do patients with shadows lasting forever are way more immune or way more elgible for them?

If triptans work for one, does it mostly mean clusterbusting will work too?

Afterall it is very similar chemical structure

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:48am

Boy Matt you're asking the million dollar question. Why does lithium work awesome as a prevent for me, and worthless for someone else on the board. Why did verapamil do nothing for me but give someone else almost complete relief? In another hundred years we'lll get our arms wrapped around this CH beast and finally uinderstand it. Until then we walk around in the dark a lot trying to find individual answers. Undecided

I'm one who believes CH is a group of closely related disorders, I have nothing to pin that belief on, just my own observation!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:53am

Guiseppi wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:48am:
In another hundred years we'lll get our arms wrapped around this CH beast and finally uinderstand it.

Promise?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #15 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:56am

Brew wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:53am:
Guiseppi wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:48am:
In another hundred years we'lll get our arms wrapped around this CH beast and finally uinderstand it.

Promise?

Mary Poppins would call that a pie crust promise....easily made...easily broken! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #16 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:26pm

I am sorry but I am on the bring of sanity... the constant shadows are driving me mad... I want the gold bullet... I want treatment to be found... something I could abort headache without rebounds... something that would give me normality again... I am having recently 4 hour headaches... it is not normal and they never fade away... they turn into shadows...

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 2:18pm

I have had shadows every day of my life, even in between cycles, for the last 5 years or so.  they may never go away.  I know what you mean about being on the brink of insanity. was there for a long time and now  i am in insane, and I dont know if I am ever coming back.

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #18 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 3:29pm

When did your shadowing start, in which episode in your life?

Did the pattern of headaches changed when shadows started to appear?

Did they start when you took some new meds?

Also when you have shadows in between cycles, is drinking beer or doing/eating something that would trigger normaly headache still causing headache or making shadows become bigger?
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2009 at 3:30pm by MattyAA »  

IP Logged

j0hnglist
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #19 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 4:08pm

MattA: How is your mood? you seem upset like I have been all week. I realized my shadows are MUCH longer when I am in a bad mood or when I let CH get to me. Try to ignore the shadows, and something extremely fun or positive like making love to a woman (seriously). Try to stay positive. See if the shadows went away.  Today I saw a Neuro for the first time and got confronted with a set of bad options, stressed me out, and I have the longest shadow Ive had ever.  Its not a coincidence. Its because I am letting this problem get to me.  Try to stay positive, I know its hard, but it might make some shadows go away. The key is to not linger in a woe is me state. It only makes it worse
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2009 at 4:10pm by j0hnglist »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #20 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 4:32pm

MattyAA wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 at 9:19am:

Do patients with shadows lasting forever are way more immune or way more elgible for them?

yeah like joe said thats a mystery. clusterbusting takes about a week or 2 to get any kind of an effect. the key is riding out those 2 weeks with o2 and non rx abortives. it's a tough stretch if your hits are intence and frequent. it's not an easy regiment  but it seems more permanent than rx methods.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #21 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 5:32pm

I am following your thread chris and learning. I have the option available to me also for my next cycle, but the Verapamil worked so well for me last time that I will probably stay with it for my next battle.
I pray they start kicking in for you very soon. PF wishes being sent to you.

Barry

edited for saying cycle 3 times in the same sentence.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2009 at 9:34pm by barry_sword »  

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 5:53pm

-johnny- wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 at 4:32pm:
MattyAA wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 at 9:19am:

yeah like joe said thats a mystery. clusterbusting takes about a week or 2 to get any kind of an effect. the key is riding out those 2 weeks with o2 and non rx abortives. it's a tough stretch if your hits are intence and frequent. it's not an easy regiment  but it seems more permanent than rx methods.

I actually could do it... my hits are kip 2-5 though they last 4 hours and they emerge from shadows and submerge to shadows so... it is weird...

Problem is I live in Poland and European Union No idea where to get stuff for Cluster Busting... there are shrooms growing but it is not season.. 

Maybe like j0hnglist the shadows emerge because hypothalamus is responsible for hormones and all life stuff, therefore there is hormone that is responsible for stress (cortisol) perhaps by being steessed I make melatonine or serotonine to be increased/decreased since hormones work similar to (if I pour some yello water, green water will spill out, decreasing its level) I think so it works similar.

How comes some people say relaxing makes them have headaches? Too low cortisol level? Which means relaxing makes it even lower, which means it might increase levels of other hormones since its like there is more space in this yellow/green water glass thingie, so there is suddenly more malatonine/serotonine?

Why stimulating nerves work too? in bionic surgery.

Can we control hormones levels by just stimulating nerves and not only via chemical medicines?

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #23 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:28pm

maybe since youre not on any triptans or other meds you could go on the clusterbusting site and grow your own.  it only takes about 2 months or so, and if youre still where you are now, it may be well worth your time and effort to do it.   I am making a promise to myself to get started on it soon,  although there is no real hurry, because I am not going to really try the shroom method again until i am out of cycle.  (If that happens,  I dont want to count my chickens until they are hatched, or jinx myself  into becoming chronic)

good luck, and for the most part, when I am not in cycle, I have shadows everyday, they remind me that i am a clusterhead, and I am somewhat thankful that they are shadows only and not direct hits.  They may be something you have to get used to.  Oh and stress makes them worse for me,  and sex always makes them better.

chris Cheesy

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Jack T
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #24 - May 1st, 2009 at 2:42pm

I just recently started using injectable imtrex and must say it work great.  I also got my hand on some shrooms and stashed them away til I got some more info on the use for treatment.

So the question is if I take some of the shrooms should I stop using the trex?  Just stick with o2? 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!