Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I didnt think the verapimil was working (Read 715 times)
chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
I didnt think the verapimil was working
Apr 25th, 2009 at 11:00pm

Ive been taking verap for abouttwo years now.  the first time I tried it, it was mid cycle, and it seemed to stop the beast in his tracks.  I stayed on a low dose since then.  It seemed to work because I had two whole blissful years PF.  (I swear, every morning I would wake up with a smile)  Well, the MFs are back with a vengence.  I uppped my verap dosage, and I didnt think it was helping because I was still getting about 3-4 hits a night.  They werent too bad though, never getting above a 4 or 5.  
Well I decided to give the clusterbusters method a try.  Ive got my bag of goodies waiting, and I have been trying to detox from the meds before I dose with the shrooms.  I got down to only 2 verap tabs a day, and I am getting slammed so hard the past couple of nights.  I truly forgot how bad these things can get.  I was on my knees begging for mercy.  They triggered a seizure, and that triggered more hits.  Just baaaaad.

Anyway,  Now i know for sure that the verap was helping alot even if it wasnt preventing all pain.  I cant wait to see if the shrooms help, and if they dont I need to get right back on the verap for some relief.

Also,  does anyone know if verap loses its bang if youve been on it so long.  It would be great if detoxing from it would bring back the wonderful results I got the first time I took it.

any info would be great, thanx Grin Grin

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

DennyM
CH.com Junior

shoodabinanun

Cairns, Queensland
Re: I didnt think the verapimil was working
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:39am

Can't really help you much beyond knowing all too well that what works like a charm for one cycle does not necessarily do the trick on the next or several subsequent cycles.

Hang in there and I'm sure someone will provide you with more constructive info very soon. Meanwhile - best of luck with the shrooms and I hope & pray you'll be pain free very quickly.

Den
(SHOODABINANUN)

Forgive them their sins against us, just don't let them forget 'em.

IP Logged

ellenjoanne
CH.com Junior

Greenfield, WI
Re: I didnt think the verapimil was working
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 5:50pm

chrisw wrote on Apr 25th, 2009 at 11:00pm:
Anyway,  Now i know for sure that the verap was helping alot even if it wasnt preventing all pain.  I cant wait to see if the shrooms help, and if they dont I need to get right back on the verap for some relief.

Also,  does anyone know if verap loses its bang if youve been on it so long.  It would be great if detoxing from it would bring back the wonderful results I got the first time I took it.

any info would be great, thanx Grin Grin

The main purpose of Verapamil, is to help prevent the headaches more than anything else.  I've been on Verpamil pretty much non-stop since I was formally diagnosed in July 2005 (I've been getting CH episodically since Oct. 1999).  2 cycles ago (Dec. 2007 & Jan. 2008), I did have my dosage upped from 360 mg/day to 480 mg/day, due to the fact that my Neuro felt that I was developing a tolerance to Verapamil, and as a result, the 360 mg/day I'd been on since late 2005 was losing its effect in preventing my CH (which was getting out of control at the time).   Upping the dosage did seem to help curb the headaches

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!