Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What Works For Me. . . (Read 674 times)
Berend
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

What Works For Me. . .
Apr 17th, 2009 at 3:51pm

I have found that especially at the onset of a headache, it helps to put an ice cube in my mouth, and move it right back onto the soft pallet. i do it on the side of the pain. usually by the time third ice cube has melted there is some relief. i must add that it only works at the start of a cycle. Has anyone had similar experiences ??

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: What Works For Me. . .
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 7:28pm

G'day Berend, and welcome. As it happens many people have found exactly the same thing and thanks for passing it on. Every little bit helps.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 7:51pm

I liked crushed ice on the teeth on the side of my attack...similar result. I use the past tense.....liked...because since i got 02 I don't need any secondary fixes. If you haven't tried 02, read the link on the left titled "oxygen info"........complete with color pics to show you how to get set up. Absolute miracle abortive for me, and many, worth a try. What else are you using to battle the beast???

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 8:02am

I put ice packs on my head and chew ice too. It can be a godsend.

Good tip! Keep sharing.

xx

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 11:28am

Definately icepacks (or anything other frozen if not at hand) and then move it around from eye to temple, rightside forehead, cheeckbone, jaw and sometimes even affected side of the skull and neck. Basically anywhere it is required.

Personally, I haven't heard of ice in my mouth, or for that matter thought of it myself, but I will try it next time needed. So thank you very much for this tip, Berend.

Regards, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!