Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ugh - my cycle is ramping up (Read 719 times)
amatthewdeal
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ugh - my cycle is ramping up
Apr 14th, 2009 at 6:19pm

Hey everyone,

I've read this forum for awhile but never decided to post... or join.  I'm 25 and I'm in graduate school and my cycle just started.  I, apparently, have the worst insurance ever it was offered from the school and has a $500 perscription limit.  In addition, I have to get my meds from the school and they won't order imitrex injections since I am the only person that would use them and they would have to order a minimum amount.

Has anyone ordered from foreign or online pharmacies?  I have 8 shot left and that it is.  The school can order the pills but 6 pills are $178 which means with the $500 I can get 12 pills for this cycle.  Any suggestions on how to get imitrex cheaper out of pocket please let me know.  My G/F is Turkish and I'm going to visit her in Istanbul in May and I'm also going to look and see if I can buy it cheaper there.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sincerely,

AMD

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Ugh - my cycle is ramping up
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 9:07pm

Welcome, AMD.  Glad you decided to join.

There is an effective, affordable alternative you may wish to explore with your doctor.  Oxygen.

Read the "oxygen info" link (in yellow) on the left side of your screen. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Oxygen, properly administered, has proven to be an effective abortive for around 70 percent of us.  Many consider it their first line of defense, and use imitrex quite sparingly, if at all.

If, after reading the information there, you have any questions, be sure to ask.  We'll help in any way we can.

Again, welcome. 

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 8:11am

Are you on any preventative medications? Verapamil, lithium? A med you take daily to reduce the number and intensity of your hits. I use 1200 mg of lithium a day while on cycle. Blocks 70-80% of my attacks. Oxygen slays most of the rest. Even if insurance won't cover the 02 it's cheap enough to handle out of pocket.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

amatthewdeal
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 1:00pm

I am normally on O2, Toprol and Imitrex.  O2 won't be an issue to get and since there are lots of cheap generics for Calcium or Beta Blockers I can afford that.  But still as far as care goes Imitrex is still an important component; I've had lots of headaches that O2 didn't stop or Toprol didn't prevent (and I've tried other preventatives and Toprol was the most effective).

That's why I was wondering if anyone has ordered from online pharmacies or got their meds from traveling overseas since I'm going to Turkey and South America this summer.

Matt

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!