Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bugger... (Read 1020 times)
Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Bugger...
Apr 14th, 2009 at 8:02am

Seein as March has been and gone and nothing happened... well I was kinda hopeful.  But the beast has returned  Cry  It's always kinda scary yes?  Knowing the pain that will have to be endured over the coming weeks.

Oh well, my bf is picking up the 02 tomorrow morning, god bless 'im  Kiss  I've started taking the verapamil - which I skipped the last two cycles cos I wasn't sure that it was really helping - made me tired and seemed as though the cycle was longer??   

Anyway, I do have a question.... last cycle (Sept 08) my gp gave me some imigran nasal spray.  I wonder is it okay to take that and verapamil?? 

If anyone is out there now who can answer, I'd really appreciate it cos it's gonna happen real soon  Undecided

Thanks in advance,

Kate

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: Bugger...
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 8:17am

Yes, it is fully safe to take the two at the same time.  As long as you don't have any other conditions, that prevent you from taking Imigran, such as heart disease or vascular problems.

Many find the injections to work faster.

BUT, all that said, it is MUCH safer, and cheaper to use oxygen as your primary abort method, and only resort to the Imigran as a last resort.

Sorry the beast has found you again!  I hope it is a short cycle for you!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 8:23am

Thanks Chuck!   It seemed a bit quite on board so I've been googling and found out same.   I get real panicky when the cycle starts  Shocked ... this was my first call.   

I really appreciate your quick response,  ta

Kate

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 11:39am

Kate,

I'm sorry to hear that the beast is back. I hope that it will be a short visit!

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 9:08pm

Rotten luck, Kate, but if want to send your beer to me for safe-keeping so you're never tempted, I'm only too happy to help.

Because I care,

Brian up north.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 7:45am

I LOVE the way Brian's mind works. It's one track ability is TRULY a sight to behold! Grin

Danged sorry the beast hasn't lost your address. Hoping the cycle is short and sweet.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 8:07am

Thank you all for your well wishes!  This place really is wonderful  Smiley

Brian, consider it done, enjoy  Wink

Kate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!