Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Caffeine (Read 5285 times)
danielpeterson
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Bozeman|USA||0|0|MT,Montana
Re: Caffeine
Reply #25 - May 11th, 2009 at 10:30am

Back to the drawing boards again for me. After a week of calm, using rhodiola and kudzu (I just pop em open and eat them raw) with plenty of GOOD water, I got another flare up of CH. And of course I haven't touched caffeine in this time period.

The only other distinctly different thing I do with the CH "beast" is not to lay on it the enemy image. I use the Ho'oponopono (Hawaiian peace ceremony) way: I cradle my head and say, "I love you. I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.")

I caught a cold during that week and my breathing ability was hampered. That, along with some sleep apnea problems I have had, may have exacerbated my CH which usually ends in May. When I got up this morning I did some deep breathing exercises and there has been no hits yet today. Is it really that important we plug into a O2 machine? How about just a good morning constitutional deep breathing system?

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #26 - May 11th, 2009 at 10:40am

danielpeterson wrote on May 11th, 2009 at 10:30am:
Back to the drawing boards again for me. After a week of calm, using rhodiola and kudzu (I just pop em open and eat them raw) with plenty of GOOD water, I got another flare up of CH. And of course I haven't touched caffeine in this time period.

The only other distinctly different thing I do with the CH "beast" is not to lay on it the enemy image. I use the Ho'oponopono (Hawaiian peace ceremony) way: I cradle my head and say, "I love you. I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.")

I caught a cold during that week and my breathing ability was hampered. That, along with some sleep apnea problems I have had, may have exacerbated my CH which usually ends in May. When I got up this morning I did some deep breathing exercises and there has been no hits yet today. Is it really that important we plug into a O2 machine? How about just a good morning constitutional deep breathing system?

So a big dump and deep breathing is the answer to our affliction?  I say keep huffin the oxygen.

Potter

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #27 - May 11th, 2009 at 11:14am

I've had varying degrees of success with relaxation techniques, they reduce a lot of the secondary damage I do fighting against the beast, and a smattering degree of success with life style changes to reduce hits while on cycle.

That being said, pure oxygen aborts over 90% of my attacks in 6-8 minutes. I admire your attempts at natural treatments but would strongly encourage you to give the 02 a shot. It's as close to totally natural as we have and is enjoying a tremendous success rate.

Hoping you're nearing the end of this cycle.

joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!