Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
curious? (Read 1588 times)
toch33
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

canada
curious?
Apr 11th, 2009 at 1:49am

I started having ch's when i was 18 and suffered with them on a regular basis ,as you all have, then they stopped for about 4 years and just this past Monday they started all over again. Up until i have never talk to anyone that new anything about them, and was wondering if it is normal to have such a long remission period?

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: curious?
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 1:53am

Not at all abnormal, from what I've seen here. 

My cycles used to be much closer together, but my last three cycles were three years apart.

There's a lot of individual variation in episodic cycles.

Best wishes,

George

(Welcome, by the way.  Glad you've joined us.)

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 6:15am

Back when I was episodic, I once had a five year break between my cycles ...

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 1:32pm

With Cluster there is an exception to everything! Why there is even a (rare) painless cluster headache.

I had a seven year break with 2-3 attacks and then stopped again. Hope it's a sign of aging out!

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

glades250
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

southwest florida
Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 1:35pm

Its been over three years since my last invasion. But they are back to haunt me. THANK GOD FOR BUILT UP SICK TIME. Crappy way to spend time off from work.

1391921080&ref=profile  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 5:24pm

Before my last cycle, I was in remission for three years. 

I have even read that as you get older they can grow to be longer and longer periods of remission or end altogether.

Thomas

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 11:06pm

That's what we are hoping for Thomas,...that all our CH'rs "out grow" them at some point!!!

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 12:35am

QnHeartMM wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 at 11:06pm:
That's what we are hoping for Thomas,...that all our CH'rs "out grow" them at some point!!!

Smiley  Here's to hoping...

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 5:30am

Quote:
I have even read that as you get older they can grow to be longer and longer periods of remission or end altogether.

KEWL!!

THERE is something to look forward to, in my sixties!!!  (It sure hasn't happened in my fifties!)  LOL!

Oh, WAIT!!!  Does that mean I have to grow up?

DANG!!!  I hate the fine print in these contracts!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:14am

Toch,

Here is what I saw.  Hope it explains it better...

Thomas

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:21am

my remissions last 3 to 5 years. currently 1.5 years into this one. don't ever fool yourself into thinking you'll never get one again. maybe you won't and i hope you don't but be sure to keep yourself set up with the o2 equipment and other stuff you only need for ch in case you do. allot of us try to forget that something so horrible ever happened which is understandable but keep your artillery saved somewhere.

don't get caught with your pants down. Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:22am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gaz Jones
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Sibiu, Romania
Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:53am

One and a half years is my longest remission so far, when I first started with them it was very six months so it is getting better

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 3:17am

I certainly hope that one day I will out grow ch or it will be bored with my new laid back attitude towards it or something... Grin but so far my longest remission was 11 months.

Sanna

IP Logged

glades250
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

southwest florida
Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 10:12am

I used to get about 8 12 attacks a day. Back when I was unsure exactly what was wrong with me. Many DR visits, test, scans ect ect. I would have about two episodes a year that would last 5-8 weeks.

Its been approx 3 years since my last attack. They started back about two weeks ago. I felt the twinged but never got the actual attacks. That lasted about a week. I knew it was coming and prepared myself by seeing the dr and getting my supply of Imetrex.

The past five days, I've been getting hit hard again. Though it hasn't seemed as bad or I just treat myself better than I used to keep the pain as minimal as possible.

I've timed them. One in the morning at daybreak, one around noon and 2, another at dusk another around 10ish and one in the middle of the night waking me up.

Oddly, yesterday, my last one was around 2pm. I got a twinge at 9:30pm and messaged it out of my head w/o an Imetrex shot. I slept all night long. Even lying down! Usually have to sleep in the recliner. Woke up this morning. About a half hour ago, got another twinge (sinus swelling right side, eye drooping ya know.. the usual. Waited it out to see if it was going to get me. It went away. 

I don't get it. I'm hoping that I am out growing this. I'll share with you  as the days go by. I've missed work for four days already. Doesn't break my heart but I can think of better things to do with my time off.

Thanks for listening.

Don

1391921080&ref=profile  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:27am

I'm 49, had CH since I was 18. I'm with Don in that I'm never sure if the CH's are getting less intense, or it just seems that way because I handle them much more efficiently. I missed my fall AND my spring cycle this year so I'm convinced I've grown out of them. Wink But still have 8 E-Tanks in my garage........... Roll Eyes

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!