Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone ever tried this? (Read 1565 times)
chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
anyone ever tried this?
Apr 9th, 2009 at 2:53pm

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried pot as a preventative?  with the talk of shrooms offering relief and not liking the idea of growing my own with kids around,  i was wondering if pot would have some benefit.  I know they are different plants etc. but thats the only drug I can probably get.

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Re: anyone ever tried this?
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 3:00pm

chrisw wrote on Apr 9th, 2009 at 2:53pm:
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried pot as a preventative?  with the talk of shrooms offering relief and not liking the idea of growing my own with kids around,  i was wondering if pot would have some benefit.  I know they are different plants etc. but thats the only drug I can probably get.
There is absolutely NO benefits from weed for CH.  If anything, it's an intensifier for me.  It's fun to do recreationally, but not during a cycle.  If it helps somebody, I can only wonder if you were diagnosed correctly.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 3:37pm

Chris, this subject comes up here at least once a month.   You really must read more around here.  LOL

Weed is a vasodialtor, just like alcohol.  It is a trigger for most.  What we need is a vasocontrictor.  It certainly is NOT a preventative and the general consensus is don't do it,  unless you like the pain.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 9:45pm

thanks for the advice,  I dont like the stuff personally,  and it was just a thought. Smiley

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 11:49pm

chrisw wrote on Apr 9th, 2009 at 2:53pm:
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried pot as a preventative?  with the talk of shrooms offering relief and not liking the idea of growing my own with kids around,  i was wondering if pot would have some benefit.  I know they are different plants etc. but thats the only drug I can probably get.

This topic really seems to freak people out around here.  But, if you are really interested, this might be a good thread to start with:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

onepfday
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Payne, Ohio
Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 1:59pm

lol might take your mind off the pain for the moment but im sure it would hit harder coming down!

IP Logged

Dr.mike
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

England
Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:44pm

Ok I don’t make any apologies for using weed. I have smoked recreationally since my early teens (I am now in my 50s) and never hidden it from my peers or the law. My doctor knows and I have no worries about addiction or illegality.
But I never ever smoke it during an episode, I did a couple of times and boy did the beast punish me. Once I tried getting high on some very powerful skunk to see if I could so doped out it would mask the pain, the opposite happened and it got so bad  I ended up sinking my fingernails into my thighs (no I didn’t realise I had until after). My wife came down to check on me and found me smeared in blood, that nearly killed her, and did she let me have it.
I don’t know how cannabis can help clusterheads; its like saying a stiff brandy will kill the pain.
I urge anyone even contemplating trailing it, please don’t. You will regret it I have been there; it’s definitely a place to avoid.
I know that a couple of people have claimed success here Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Open minded as I am, I have my doubts.

IP Logged

Nipper
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - May 16th, 2009 at 7:29am

Im totally against illegal drugs, prior to my head problems starting 9 months ago.

However, just before Christmas (wanted to have at least my Xmas Day painfree) I did try having some hash cakes and can honestly say it didn't do anything for my pain.

Having said that, I certainly think that if it does work for someone else, regardless of what pain they are suffreing from, then they should have the right to take it.  Guess it's all about personal choice.

Maria  Wink

I won't let this thing get the better of me!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!