Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Serotonin (Read 700 times)
cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Serotonin
Apr 9th, 2009 at 12:15pm

I do not know if anyone has posted this here, I will post it anyway.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The best way to predict your future, is to create it.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Re: Serotonin
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 1:02pm

Some interesting facts there.

I have tried 5-HTP to boost serotonin.  In general, it works. For clusters, some have reported it can increase the frequency or intensity of headaches  - it seems that clusterheads have more than just low levels of serotonin... there is an imbalance in the different receptors. Simply increasing serotonin levels may actually mean more 5-HT2 activity (which is usually bad for clusters) compared to 5-HT1 activity (which works against cluster pain).

On the hypoglycemia issue, one factor of interest (not mentioned on the link) is the phospho-inositol pathway ... this allows the communication between blood sugar regulation and serotonin activity.  Inositol has been used with some success for treating anxiety/panic, possibly by getting serotonin and blood sugar to talk to each other better, possibly by turning down serotonin-2 activity.  Too much serotonin 2 activity stimulates the activity of phospholipase C, an enzyme that breaks down phospholipids.

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2009 at 1:03pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 9:16am

Thank's cassie.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 11:58am

Great Post Cassie.

You gave us so much info and were thankful. So i feel i must tell you im one of many people who tricks there brain into thinking their sertonin levels are fine. I do this by using RC seeds. If you take the chem breakdown of sertonin and the main ingredent in the seeds (obelique) i think it is, they are almost the same. My info is kinda scratchy i know, im just a fastpitch dad who found a way to trick the beast, For now any way. You will get more of the precise info by going to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and clicking on the LSA FAQ bar on the right and reading. 

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!