Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dirty Shadows...! (Read 988 times)
Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Dirty Shadows...!
Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:42pm

I'm now on my 8th week of my cycle and I haven't taken a huge hit in over two weeks (Thank God).. The problem is I have been experiencing very minor shadows since week six and they are now becoming increasingly more painful. As I type the pain is prominent along my left temple and has started to move along my neck and shoulder. Over the last 18 years my cycles were normally very regular by week 6 or 7 when I stopped taking big hits my cycle would end.

I really thought my cycle was coming to an end... I am still using 02 and red bull etc. to stop these shadows but they only last a very short period of time and then the pain returns. On the positive side I don't feel like I will take another big hit but these heavy shadows are starting to impact on my lifestyle because I have them nearly 24hrs a day.

Has anyone else experienced this where they have stopped taking big hits but continued to have bad headaches for weeks. I'm hoping my cycle stops soon but right now i don't feel so optimistic.. and is it possible that i could experience another couple of hits is the beast just taking a breather...!

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Lottie
CH.com Veteran

Re: Dirty Shadows...!
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 5:15pm

I sometimes have longlasting shadows, but they never lasted for days. The left side of my face hurts, and my left eye feels like someone put his fist in it. Unfortunately it doesn't keep the big hits from coming.

I don't know if it means your cycle isn't ending yet, but I sure hope it is. I'm sorry I can't really help you with this, but I just wanted to say that if your cycle isn't ending yet, it probably will soon.

I hope you feel better real soon!

Lottie

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 5:19pm

I don't get shadows off cycle, possible the beast isn't quite done with you yet. Hopefully it's his last hurrah before he leaves you alone for a while. Hang in there, shadows can really suck the life outta you. Sad

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 5:48pm

Hi Lefty!

Last year, with the help of Verapamil, my entire cycle was nothing but shadows.  I felt as if I could get hit at any time but never did.  Just strong shadows.   I'm hoping this years goes as well!  So far so good but our weather has been going back and forth so I don't know yet.  Once it stays warm, I'll know.

I am one who gets random hits even out of cycle.  I also shadow frequently throughout the year.

I hope you are PF soon!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 6:24pm

shadows can really suck the life outta you. Sad

Joe [/quote]
Never a truer word spoken Joe...!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 10:19pm

Once I'm ramped up on Verapamil it's nothing but shadows for me too.  They can be a real pain in the a$$. 

When they get pesky I hit em with O2.  Sure they come back but I hit em again.

Sure, they're persistent, but so am I  Wink

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Gaz Jones
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Sibiu, Romania
Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:59am

A prolonged shadow usually means that my cluster is coming to an end, I have one really big hit then I have a shadow for one or two days and it feels like I could be dancing at any time but it never materializes and then thats it for a while.
Hope this is the same for you, Lefty

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!